Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaq "The Maniaq" Leonard

sb41champs

Does Shaq Leonard Have a Future in the NFL?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Does Shaq Leonard Have a Future in the NFL?

• Yes - another team will sign him. While clearly not "The Maniac" any more - he does have gameday value as a tackler.
    • No

He will take his time and pick the best team he can who will give him a shot at playing time.  If he's smart he'll sign for peanuts and play like he did when he was trying to make his name in this league.  Then he might get a ring plus another deal when some team is stupid enough to pay him again in FA.

59 minutes ago, twfish said:

I doubt he plays anywhere else this season due to his contract, however he played too well for to long for a team to not take a swing on him. Honestly another year to recover will do him well and he probably we play again at a high level.

He has no contract.  He is a free agent

• Like 3

1 hour ago, twfish said:

I doubt he plays anywhere else this season due to his contract, however he played too well for to long for a team to not take a swing on him. Honestly another year to recover will do him well and he probably we play again at a high level.

He has no contract. That only applies if someone had claimed him off wiavers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nancy said:

The Cowboys are interested...they'll sign him like that have other players from the Colts!

Apparently the Eagles are too.  He’ll go somewhere that doesn’t really need him to start, and is in playoff contention.  Good depth piece with little risk.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I think he will retire. He’s got a farm and young family, sitting on millions. He’s got no reason to keep playing and looked happy in the stands

You could be right, however I think the big smile was a reaction to the love and applause he was getting from the crowd.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 8:24 PM, indyagent17 said:

His back injury is worse than we were told and I get that but when he played he was timed and afraid. He needs to change his attitude from a victim back into a football player again

Now he’s in the transfer portal,  it will be interesting if there’s any interest. 

On 11/27/2023 at 7:37 PM, sb41champs said:

Shaq "The Maniaq" Leonard

That´s two different players.

Darius Leonard was the Maniac

Shaq Leonard was the player formerly known as the Maniac.

Sad to see him decline due to injuries, but he´s not coming back unless a team gets him on a very cheap contract with no guaranteed money. 

• Like 1