Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans predictions

Stephen

Picks From ProFootballTalk

Simms talks up the Texans

Colts/Texans at 24:35 minute mark

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/pfts-2023-week-2-nfl-picks-florio-vs-simms

Colts (-1) at Texans

A pair of rookie quarterbacks meet for the first time ever. Anthony Richardson showed promise and potential for the Colts in Week 1. Simms believes in the Houston defense, however.

Florio: Colts, 24-21.

Simms: Texans, 20-17.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/pfts-2023-week-2-nfl-picks-florio-vs-simms

Colts (-1) at Texans

A pair of rookie quarterbacks meet for the first time ever. Anthony Richardson showed promise and potential for the Colts in Week 1. Simms believes in the Houston defense, however.

He clearly didn’t watch the colts defense last week.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Rule of thumb in Yahoo Fantasy Pick 'Em:

When you have relatively equally matched teams, pick the home team and put very few points on it.

Houston 23, Indy 20.

But, seriously, it could go either way.

I don’t think we are equally matched. Colts are the better team.

• Like 3

I truly believe this will be an indicator of just what to expect from the Colts this year.  If they can’t even beat the Texans, then I think we are indeed in for a VERY looooong year. 

It’s not like we’re playing an established team with Mahomes at QB.  Texans were even worse than the Colts last year, when the Colts were meant to be the significantly better team, comparatively.  One year removed, why should the Colts be worse than the Texans?  Will be HUGELY disappointing if the Colts don’t win.  

Oh, and for the record, upon finally watching the Colts’ opener, I was actually quite impressed.  I thought the Colts show good promise. Gotta get the RB and WR positions sorted, though. 

My prediction, Colts win. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I truly believe this will be an indicator of just what to expect from the Colts this year.  If they can’t even beat the Texans, then I think we are indeed in for a VERY looooong year. 

It’s not like we’re playing an established team with Mahomes at QB.  Texans were even worse than the Colts last year, when the Colts were meant to be the significantly better team, comparatively.  One year removed, why should the Colts be worse than the Texans?  Will be HUGELY disappointing if the Colts don’t win.  

Oh, and for the record, upon finally watching the Colts’ opener, I was actually quite impressed.  I thought the Colts show good promise. Gotta get the RB and WR positions sorted, though. 

My prediction, Colts win. 

Yeah I have the same mindset, if we can't beat these guys, who can we beat? I do think we have the better team. I liked what I seen last week and had we had any kind of run game at all, we may have very well would have won. Our defense played good for 3 Qtrs, they just got gassed because we could not control the clock enough on offense. That punt return by the Jags was a killer too.

Our RB's combined for 25 yards last week, that just doesn't cut it. AR had 40 yards by himself.

Texans s the one game this year I will very disappointed if we don’t win. We are the better team.

I had to laugh at some Texan fans hoping they can run on colts. That probably isn’t happening. Stroud will have to throw. Their Oline is beat up and colts really don’t allow teams to run much. Linebackers are fast enough you really can’t run to the outside either. So if we force stroud to throw because they can’t run we will be in good shape.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans s the one game this year I will very disappointed if we don’t win. We are the better team.

I had to laugh at some Texan fans hoping they can run on colts. That probably isn’t happening. Stroud will have to throw. Their Oline is beat up and colts really don’t allow teams to run much. Linebackers are fast enough you really can’t run to the outside either. So if we force stroud to throw because they can’t run we will be in good shape.

What a treat it was watching Grov and Buck destroying the middle. Their play was a critical component to Zaire and E J also being so excellent.

Can’t wait to watch these guys disrupt Stroud.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

What a treat it was watching Grov and Buck destroying the middle. Their play was a critical component to Zaire and E J also being so excellent.

Can’t wait to watch these guys disrupt Stroud.

This is probably the best dline  colts have had in a long time. Of course Paye and Lewis have to stay healthy. Then add that to our linebackers. We have a terrific front seven. That in itself will bell the young corners. Thomas and Blackmon are good safeties too. 

9 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Colts (-1) at Texans

texans can sack the qb

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

Colts - 28

Texans - 17

This is in the case Moss can play and he plays decently (4 YPC). Having even a resemblance of a run game will help create opportunities for Richardson to take long shots, and utilize Pierce to his strengths.

pierce cant get separation, he is a jump ball receiver

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have the same mindset, if we can't beat these guys, who can we beat? I do think we have the better team. I liked what I seen last week and had we had any kind of run game at all, we may have very well would have won. Our defense played good for 3 Qtrs, they just got gassed because we could not control the clock enough on offense. That punt return by the Jags was a killer too.

Our RB's combined for 25 yards last week, that just doesn't cut it. AR had 40 yards by himself.

And the 3 turnovers loomed large.  A few less mistakes and the game was there for the taking. 

33 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Latest spread is Colts giving...........one. Let's wait to see how that number changes

Sounds about right to me, I doubt there will be that much betting action on these teams to move it much from there.

Colts would probably be favored by a field goal if they were home.

I do know this, the team that starts 0-2 is going to have a long week. lmao .

Most of us in general have said the most important thing about this season is to see AR progress and become good, wins/losses don't matter because many think we only win 5 or 6 games anyway. Most of us still want to win though, I know I do and I could see it after reading people's posts after we lost to the Jags in a hard-fought game. Losing just sucks no matter what.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most of us still want to win though

Yeah i quit reddit last year because i was tired of hearing about tanking every week.  I understand wanting to do it in that situation but its just not fun to talk about or read about all season long.  

Some people are way too happy to lose and tank. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Yeah i quit reddit last year because i was tired of hearing about tanking every week.  I understand wanting to do it in that situation but its just not fun to talk about or read about all season long.  

Some people are way too happy to lose and tank. 

Yeah, it is annoying when some in here are already thinking about getting a top 3 pick next season and we haven't played 2 games yet. If we get a top 3 pick, fine and dandy but at least root for the team you love and hope for the best. I think some in here would rather be right about posts they make if we play bad, then the team win. Like with the RB by committee thing, if we had 2 good RB's and I would shut up about Taylor but we don't. It is not like we have Addai and Rhodes to take over for James. + we had Peyton that year.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in improvement for AR game to game. But, if I had to guess I'd say we should win this, but then that was my thought when we played the Texans last year as well. Still, I think we looked good against the Jags and if we play like that against the Texans we should win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Basically, a new era for both teams. Sunday will be interesting. As funny as this sounds, this is a big game because the division is winnable. Titans are average now and although I think the Jags are good, they are beatable. We played them great for 3 and half Qtrs last week. 

Yeah Jacksonville still has this aura of a team that’s good but is still new to it and may not be sure how to keep it sustained. They do have Pederson and Lawrence, so they’re definitely going to keep trending up. But you’re right, they aren’t the Chiefs or Bengals just yet. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I predict the Colts will win, but the Texans will make it close. Stroud is questionable to play. 

AR has to protect himself better.  Hopefully, that will come with some practice. 

Stroud had a sore throwing shoulder and was resting it, apparently. He’s probably going to start. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Basically, a new era for both teams. Sunday will be interesting. As funny as this sounds, this is a big game because the division is winnable. Titans are average now and although I think the Jags are good, they are beatable. We played them great for 3 and half Qtrs last week. 

Big game! Titans I believe loses, Jags I believe loses. Chiefs will beat Jags with or without Kelce IMO. Now lets get it done Colts!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, it is annoying when some in here are already thinking about getting a top 3 pick next season and we haven't played 2 games yet. If we get a top 3 pick, fine and dandy but at least root for the team you love and hope for the best. I think some in here would rather be right about posts they make if we play bad, then the team win. Like with the RB by committee thing, if we had 2 good RB's and I would shut up about Taylor but we don't. It is not like we have Addai and Rhodes to take over for James. + we had Peyton that year.

I'm hoping Moss will be a plus at the RB position.

On 9/14/2023 at 1:04 PM, John Hammonds said:

Rule of thumb in Yahoo Fantasy Pick 'Em:

When you have relatively equally matched teams, pick the home team and put very few points on it.

Houston 23, Indy 20.

But, seriously, it could go either way.

:) The injuries Houston have will make that home advantage less present. Almost every member of their o-line is projected to be a backup or backup to the backup. I know it's all about AR and less about wins and losses but under those conditions, the Colts have to grab the W. Heck, even Stroud is questionable.