Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing in Hunt for visit tomorrow.

Indyfan4life

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s one or two things. JT is still really hurt and going to be out a while. Or colts are lying about him rehabbing and he is on the trade block. Either way it’s not good.

If he's on the trade block, lying about him still rehabbing lowers his trade value. That doesn't make sense.

On Hunt: He was one of my favorite RBs in his draft class as a prospect, he did exactly what I thought he'd do in the NFL his first few seasons, but I have a hard time rooting for a guy that did what he did. I don't need a bunch of choir boys, but that's my moral line in the sand. My hope is that he's gotten help that he needed and is in a better mental space.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Quit trying to censor free thinking. This has been done once before with Luck where details were hidden in order to sell tickets and get higher ratings. They could have easily been doing it again from my perspective not knowing when season tickets were released. Didn't know it was March. However, the Colts have been caught doing it once, so I don't trust them, especially when Taylor is an elite RB and Richardson is a rookie.

Luck and JT is two different things though. I don't think anybody is buying season tickets with high expectations and excitement of watching Taylor run behind the leagues worst O line as they would have wanting to see Luck come back from injury. As y'all have seen me state, I don't think this new staff wants to play premium dollars to one RB. They'd rather do RBBC and include the QB in the carries. Main issue to me.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Luck and JT is two different things though. I don't think anybody is buying season tickets with high expectations and excitement of watching Taylor run behind the leagues worst O line as they would have wanting to see Luck come back from injury. As y'all have seen me state, I don't think this new staff wants to play premium dollars to one RB. They'd rather do RBBC and include the QB in the carries. Main issue to me.

I disagree with some of this. I think casual fans who buy season tickets see Taylor as an elite player, and they don't understand like we do that RB is a replaceable position. I think if they knew Taylor wasn't playing (hypothetically) for the year or part of it, some of them may not buy season tickets as they view Taylor as an "elite player" not playing, and they don't view the RBBC as valuable because A.) They don't understand the value of RBs and possibly B.) They may not be knowledgeable on how Steichen used the Eagles RBs in Philly.

I think Irsay and Ballard are aware of what I said above as well. Not me personally saying it obviously, but it being obvious information on how a casual fan who spends money probably thinks the majority of the time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I disagree with some of this. I think casual fans who buy season tickets see Taylor as an elite player, and they don't understand like we do that RB is a replaceable position. I think if they knew Taylor wasn't playing (hypothetically) for the year or part of it, some of them may not buy season tickets as they view Taylor as an "elite player" not playing, and they don't view the RBBC as valuable because A.) They don't understand the value of RBs and possibly B.) They may not be knowledgeable on how Steichen used the Eagles RBs in Philly.

I think Irsay and Ballard are aware of what I said above as well. Not me personally saying it obviously, but it being obvious information on how a casual fan who spends money probably thinks the majority of the time.

Richardson is the attraction more so to me. I think most are looking to see AR and they also want to see how Steichen is in his new role as HC. Those are the primary 2. Taylor being gone I don't think affects ticket sales as much bc most are expecting the colts to struggle any way. And 2 JT didn't perform that well last year to leave big anticipation for what he will do this year. Having the same OL again leave room for doubt. My opinion of course.

Just now, krunk said:

Richardson is the attraction more so to me. I think most are looking to see AR and they also want to see how Steichen is in his new role as HC. Those are the primary 2. Taylor being gone I don't think affects ticket sales as much bc most are expecting the colts to struggle any way. And 2 JT didn't perform that well last year to leave big anticipation for what he will do this year. Having the same OL again leave room for doubt. My opinion of course.

Fair enough. I agree Richardson is the attraction, but I think fans are aware he's a rookie and IMO they held the belief that Taylor was going to help Richardson out a lot his rookie year. I think you're overestimating the draw of Steichen to casual fans. Some of them probably know little to nothing about him. Taylor didn't perform well last year, but he's a name player on offense. Those are the biggest draws IMO unless you have an elite CB or EDGE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Fair enough. I agree Richardson is the attraction, but I think fans are aware he's a rookie and IMO they held the belief that Taylor was going to help Richardson out a lot his rookie year. I think you're overestimating the draw of Steichen to casual fans. Some of them probably know little to nothing about him. Taylor didn't perform well last year, but he's a name player on offense. Those are the biggest draws IMO unless you have an elite CB or EDGE.

You really have a high evaluation of yourself while talking about a fanbase you've never met.   I assure you,  season ticket holders in Indy know the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He fired his last agent because he wasn’t getting a contract extension and hired this guy to try to force it.  Face JT is driving the bus on this.

That is what I was referring to when I said JT was a grown man.  JT picked the wrong time to try to make an issue concerning the devalued RB position.  He has to realize that the Colts hold all the cards.  What is aggravating is some fans want to point a negative finger and blame Irsay for nothing.  Irsay didn't make any comments till after JT and his agent started making demands that they contractually didn't have the leverage to do.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You really have a high evaluation of yourself while talking about a fanbase you've never met.   I assure you,  season ticket holders in Indy know the team.

I assure you. Casual fans know less than you think about the team. A lot of them go just to have fun and bring the kids. This is not an Indy fan thing. This is true about all 32 casual fanbases. Most of them are not very knowledgeable. They are not hardcore fans like you and I. 

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I assure you. Casual fans know less than you think about the team. A lot of them go just to have fun and bring the kids. This is not an Indy fan thing. This is true about all 32 casual fanbases. Most of them are not very knowledgeable. They are not hardcore fans like you and I. 

The "casual" fan is not buying season tickets my dude. And JT being injured or not is not stopping season ticket holders buying their season tickets. Players get injured all the time, even if JT was entering camp fully healthy with no concerns whatsoever, it is entirely possible that in game 1 he breaks a leg or tears his achilles and is out for the season anyway. This is the NFL.... injuries happen, if anyone is buying a season ticket expecting to see any 1 player every other week, they should probably be putting mommy and daddy's credit card down.

We have you surrounded. Place the tinfoil hat on the ground and move away.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Casual fans don’t buy season tickets en masse enough to remotely worry about it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I think Drake, Hunt, will both get one year deals.....JT will get told he can go "rehab" for 4.3 mil. , And save a year of mileage on his body.....  His carries are sky high for a 24 yr old between college/pros....  And that we'll revisit the situation next year when he's healthy and ready to prove it .....

Well yeah, you can't really "do it to yourself" more than requesting a trade ...lol

He handled the situation very poorly and tbh he doesn’t have any leverage. Fact is it’s a new coaching staff and he might not fit the system so they want him to prove it and he is already injured. If he misses the season or extended time colts was right not to pay him because when the injuries start for RBs they come rolling. Again I would like to keep him on a 3/30m type deal when he would be off the books before we had to pay big money to QB. But fact of the matter is when running backs are doing good normally means team is bad 

Something’s going on.  The theory about his injury being more major is interesting, but for the update that he was “good to go” right before camp.  If I had to guess, I think we found more trade-and-sign interest in JT than we thought and decided we’d take a Day 2 pick and sign someone like Hunt for one year.  Better for long term and avoids signing a RB long term…

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Something’s going on.  The theory about his injury being more major is interesting, but for the update that he was “good to go” right before camp.  If I had to guess, I think we found more trade-and-sign interest in JT than we thought and decided we’d take a Day 2 pick and sign someone like Hunt for one year.  Better for long term and avoids signing a RBlong term…

Oh the smoke is definitely leading to fire. Which fire is the question: the "injured reserve" fire or the "we found a trade partner" fire... 

• Like 2

The fact is Hunt has been a FA agent for a long time.  The Colts actually signed Drake when they could have signed Hunt.  Back then gHunt probably wanted more money so we sign Drake at the minimum.  But something changed in the last 24 hours and we are now in a hurry to sign Hunt as well.  My guess is they received more interest in JT than they were expecting.  When you think about it there are a lot of contenders that could use JT to help them win a championship.  So I think Ballard has decided to cut the cord and drama with JT right away and will trade him as soon as Hunt is signed.  And for a good return too.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The fact is Hunt has been a FA agent for a long time.  The Colts actually signed Drake when they could have signed Hunt.  Back then gHunt probably wanted more money so we sign Drake at the minimum.  But something changed in the last 24 hours and we are now in a hurry to sign Hunt as well.  My guess is they received more interest in JT than they were expecting.  When you think about it there are a lot of contenders that could use JT to help them win a championship.  So I think Ballard has decided to cut the cord and drama with JT right away and will trade him as soon as Hunt is signed.  And for a good return too.  

Who said they are in a hurry to sign Hunt?

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Casual fans don’t buy season tickets en masse enough to remotely worry about it

Not the vibe I get.  Granted a small sample but I know 5 people with season tickets and they couldn’t tell you who is in the draft class outside Anthony Richardson. They don’t know any of the backup running back names either. I would say it’s probably a 50-50 thing.  A lot of people just go to the games bc they are fun. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I was listening to the Bowen/Query show this morning. They were saying the injury that Taylor had only takes around 2 months to heal. He had surgery on Jan 23rd. Query also said that Taylor said after the surgery his ankle was 100% healed. It was more of a scope to get rid of bone particle. Query also said, that Taylor said - the doctor that did the surgery on him was a legend and the best. Taylor said he never felt better. 

Someone is lying somewhere but these are things that Query said, Taylor said. It also is of popular opinion on their radio show that if Taylor had a new contract that he would be out there practicing. I listened to the show from around 7-8am and that is the scoop. 

I have no opinion on it because I don't know what is going on but it is a fact someone is lying.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's been reported they are.  In fact Josina Anderson reported they offered him more money when he was about to visit the Saints and told him to come to Indy for a visit before he signs a contract with them.  Thus the visit today.  Kinda sort a looks like they are in a hurry I would say.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When are season tickets on sale or are they sold out already for the Colts? I'm just asking because this feels like the same thing where the Colts are trying to A.) Stall until everyone buys their tickets before releasing information or B.) There is something wrong with Taylor and they are just putting together a bunch of 1 year contracts at RB to get a committee going.

Either way, I don't like it, and it's why I don't like buying tickets to athletics or concerts ahead of time. Card subject to change and all that. 

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Quit trying to censor free thinking. This has been done once before with Luck where details were hidden in order to sell tickets and get higher ratings. They could have easily been doing it again from my perspective not knowing when season tickets were released. Didn't know it was March. However, the Colts have been caught doing it once, so I don't trust them, especially when Taylor is an elite RB and Richardson is a rookie.

The colts are indeed not truthful in multiple statements they've made in recent years.... I still get a kick at Reich saying "SamE has the juice" when trying to justify Irsay telling him to bench Ryan.and promote SamE. as.the starter. haha

On JT, I was uncharacteristically a bit optimistic on colts this year with AR5 and thinking its the colts turn to maybe have a decent year.from.the football gods perspective. ...this JT saga.has once again.put.a.Red.Flag on this team.. Not that having him assures a good season OR trading him away means a bad season. Either one can happen with.or without him. Its just he's the colts Best player and extending his contract or not could have been done a better way, especially publicly. It's just another.Red.Flag on the outlook for this organization to change things for the future. It still has yet to play out but it seems like.the same ole same ole. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Man the backlash I'm reading on Twitter from colt fans about Kareem Hunt is crazy. I get the guy did a terrible thing, but everyone acts they've never done a single bad thing a day in their lives.

Beating a woman is pretty high up the list.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Beating a woman is pretty high up the list.   

And I don't condone it, but you got fans screaming the colts are supporting domestic violence and giving up season tickets if they sign him.