Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing in Hunt for visit tomorrow.

Indyfan4life

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Beating a woman is pretty terrible. I doubt we sign him, that would be the reason why IMO. He is a great talent though.

Part of me feels like they wouldn’t waste their time bringing him in for a visit if there wasn’t a legitimate chance at signing. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean they could but I don't think so. I will say this, nothing would surprise at this point.

Nothing should ever surprise ANY Colts fan ever again.  In case we forgot McDaniels, there's Luck.  Forgot about Luck?  Lemme introduce you to.....Coach Saturday!

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I disagree with some of this. I think casual fans who buy season tickets see Taylor as an elite player, and they don't understand like we do that RB is a replaceable position. I think if they knew Taylor wasn't playing (hypothetically) for the year or part of it, some of them may not buy season tickets as they view Taylor as an "elite player" not playing, and they don't view the RBBC as valuable because A.) They don't understand the value of RBs and possibly B.) They may not be knowledgeable on how Steichen used the Eagles RBs in Philly.

I think Irsay and Ballard are aware of what I said above as well. Not me personally saying it obviously, but it being obvious information on how a casual fan who spends money probably thinks the majority of the time.

Taylor is an elite player. The Taylor Richardson  combo would have been unfair to the rest of the league so it is only natural that they make an excuse for us to not to have the two of them together

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Nothing should ever surprise ANY Colts fan ever again.  In case we forgot McDaniels, there's Luck.  Forgot about Luck?  Lemme introduce you to.....Coach Saturday!

Yeah these last 4 years have been a complete mind screw in a lot of ways. Only season I have enjoyed since Luck has retired was 2020. Rivers was really good and Taylor came on at the end running well, Leonard and Nelson were healthy too. TY still had game as well. We were hard to beat that season at 11-5. Really should have beat Buffalo in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah these last 4 years have been a complete mind screw in a lot of ways. Only season I have enjoyed since Luck has retired was 2020. Rivers was really good and Taylor came on at the end running well, Leonard and Nelson were healthy too. TY still had game as well. We were hard to beat that season at 11-5. Really should have beat Buffalo in the playoffs.

With rivers it was so different too because no one was in the stands do to Covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With rivers it was so different too because no one was in the stands do to Covid.

I always labeled Rivers as a great QB when he was with the Chargers where some didn't. Most said he was good/very good but not great. When he came here he showed everyone why I was thinking that. His football IQ is like Brady and Peyton's in a lot of ways - he could read defenses before the snap which is priceless. Fast release too, guy was slow but yet teams couldn't sack him chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We were hard to beat in 2021 to we just blew it at the end

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yet people in Cincinnati love Joe Mixon who punched a woman and is now in trouble again with the law, go figure. 

Cincy can do what they want and it has nothing to do with the Colts or our fan base.

We should be looking at it through the lens of Hunt and our team, not how other fanbases treat players that have committed similar acts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Shive said:

Cincy can do what they want and it has nothing to do with the Colts or our fan base.

We should be looking at it through the lens of Hunt and our team, not how other fanbases treat players that have committed similar acts.

As long as he isn't committing  the acts now and has changed .

I don't believe that the Colts have ANY intention of trading Jonathan Taylor!!

I believe they are just doing their due diligence - in case JT is out for a while.

Remember one thing:  JONATHAN TAYLOR IS UNDER CONTRACT FOR THIS SEASON!!

Remember another thing:  Kenyan Drake and Kareem Hunt are BOTH on the "back 9" of their careers.  ANYONE who thinks one or both of them could make up for the loss of Jonathan Taylor is on "goof juice"!!

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Not the vibe I get.  Granted a small sample but I know 5 people with season tickets and they couldn’t tell you who is in the draft class outside Anthony Richardson. They don’t know any of the backup running back names either. I would say it’s probably a 50-50 thing.  A lot of people just go to the games bc they are fun. 

If true, that means they likely wouldn’t care if JT was on or off the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

I don't believe that the Colts have ANY intention of trading Jonathan Taylor!!

I believe they are just doing their due diligence - in case JT is out for a while.

Remember one thing:  JONATHAN TAYLOR IS UNDER CONTRACT FOR THIS SEASON!!

Remember another thing:  Kenyan Drake and Kareem Hunt are BOTH on the "back 9" of their careers.  ANYONE who thinks one or both of them could make up for the loss of Jonathan Taylor is on "goof juice"!!

I think Taylor wants out.  I also think luring hunt away from the saints means we are going to sign him. I think Taylor get traded… Hunt and Drake split carries.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Taylor is an elite player. The Taylor Richardson  combo would have been unfair to the rest of the league so it is only natural that they make an excuse for us to not to have the two of them together

How do u know? U just picture Taylor running for 70 yards behind that once great Oline. That was 2 years ago. The Oline has regressed big time and we can only hope they regain their form. Taylor is coming off an injury and may never be the same. Plus, we don't know if Steichen values Taylor's skill set as much as you do based on what he wants to do. I bet if he did, Taylor would have been resigned before all this happened. Just a hunch.

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How do u know? U just picture Taylor running for 70 yards behind that once great Oline. That was 2 years ago. The Oline has regressed big time and we can only hope they regain their form. Taylor is coming off an injury and may never be the same. Plus, we don't know if Steichen values Taylor's skill set as much as you do based on what he wants to do. I bet if he did, Taylor would have been resigned before all this happened. Just a hunch.

There is no reason to give Taylor a new contract.  He is already under contract.    You want to get paid,  ball out

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Judging by the two confused reactions, seems like we’re all a bit confused at this one.  Why even waste his time with bringing him in?

We offered him a contract. He just wanted more.

7 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Not the vibe I get.  Granted a small sample but I know 5 people with season tickets and they couldn’t tell you who is in the draft class outside Anthony Richardson. They don’t know any of the backup running back names either. I would say it’s probably a 50-50 thing.  A lot of people just go to the games bc they are fun. 

Funny, I was a season ticket holder for years and had tickets in various seats in the old stadium and new stadium. Would spend time at St Elmo's and other pubs and restaurant before and after the games. Almost all fans around me in the stands and fans in the bar are pretty much diehard Colts fans are diehard fans of the team we where playing. With the price of tickets the people that go there only for the fun shocks me. There are many more places to go than an NFL game if you are not a fan and go only to have fun. Shocking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, w87r said:

We offered him a contract. He just wanted more.

I'll be totally not surprised if CB said "we neeeeeeed a running back!", brought him in, interviewed him, and then gave him a low-ball offer.  Not saying I'm betting that's exactly what he did.  But if he did....  I wouldn't be all that surprised.

I'm guessing Hunt will sign with the Saints now because of Kamara's suspension. We were an option because of Taylor's holdout, but didn't actually sign him. Probably a low-ball offer, as a few have said. Ballard may not value him that much more over guys like Drake and Hull. 

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'll be totally not surprised if CB said "we neeeeeeed a running back!", brought him in, interviewed him, and then gave him a low-ball offer.  Not saying I'm betting that's exactly what he did.  But if he did....  I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Why would he?  I'm guessing Hunt wanted more than 5 million

• Like 1