Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing in Hunt for visit tomorrow.

Indyfan4life

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

If the Colts could sign Hunt to a cheaper deal, and then trade Taylor for a 2nd or two 3rds, that would be the best case scenario for the Colts imo. You get rid of the distraction while still maintaining a good core of RBs with Hunt, Drake, Moss, and Hull. Can’t afford to pay a RB north of 14 mil per season in this age of the NFL. 

I think a 2nd and a 3rd (Or player) could be a fit here

Hate to see him go, but it sure seems actions feed a story of a trade

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We offered him more money?   I think JT is going to be traded.  What a shame.

I think everyone is misinterpreting the money portion. They offered him a better sheet than the Saints. Doesn’t necessarily mean more than JT or that JT is gone. This could actually mean that JT isn’t as healthy as he’s been leading everyone to believe and may not be ready week one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I think everyone is misinterpreting the money portion. They offered him a better sheet than the Saints. Doesn’t necessarily mean more than JT or that JT is gone. This could actually mean that JT isn’t as healthy as he’s been leading everyone to believe and may not be ready week one.

No I think everyone understands it wasn’t JT money but more then the saints. If colts are willing to beat another offer it seems they are serious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I thought they traded Gilmore because they were loaded at that position. 

He didn’t want to go through another rebuild, he wants to play for a contender. Hence sending him to Dallas. Because New England was in the fold as a trade candidate for Gilmore but they are no where near SB contention.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Zeke and Cook were basically 15-20 carry a game back. Hunt hasn't gotten that much volume since going to Cleveland 

I'm not a fan of Hunt but I am not sure why.

Trade JT for Breece Hall. :woah:  Both are on the PUP, I believe. I like Hall and JT. Cook too, of course.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hunt is 4 days older than Dalvin Cook and about six months younger than Zeke Elliott. So, they are all about the same age.

Why Hunt over the other two?

(JT is 3+ years younger.)

Hunt may come cheaper , and is a pretty solid pass catching back. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Taylor was truly injured he wouldn’t of been on the field watching drills ect. He would of been inside getting treatment or at the very least working with a trainer on the side.

Treatment isn’t a 24/7 type of thing.  It isn’t non-stop.   Being on the field supporting his teammates is not a sign that JT is really healthy and not hurt.   You don’t know what treatment he gets before and after practice.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Treatment isn’t a 24/7 type of thing.  It isn’t non-stop.   Being on the field supporting his teammates is not a sign that JT is really healthy and not hurt.   You don’t know what treatment he gets before and after practice.   

Nor what the extent of the injury actually is. 

here’s a twist, what if Taylor has been found to need another surgery to rehab it?

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Nor what the extent of the injury actually is. 

here’s a twist, what if Taylor has been found to need another surgery to rehab it?

I don’t even want to go there.   I guess we’ll cross that bridge if and when we get there.       :giveup:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t even want to go there.   I guess we’ll cross that bridge if and when we get there.       :giveup:

I don’t either but given what little we actually know for a fact, anything and everything is on the table. Perhaps even (gulp…)retirement

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don’t either but given what little we actually know for a fact, anything and everything is on the table. Perhaps even (gulp…)retirement

I hoping those are several bridges down the road.   Especially retirement.   I certainly think this will be figured out some time this month.   

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hoping those are several bridges down the road.   Especially retirement.   I certainly think this will be figured out some time this month.   

I’m thinking by Friday we’ll likely have a clearer picture

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m thinking by Friday we’ll likely have a clearer picture

Entirely possible.   I think we’re all in very uncharted waters now,  so I’m not really comfortable with most any guess, including mine!   And that’s what we’re all doing — guessing.   :giveup:

• Like 1

I think Drake, Hunt, will both get one year deals.....JT will get told he can go "rehab" for 4.3 mil. , And save a year of mileage on his body.....  His carries are sky high for a 24 yr old between college/pros....  And that we'll revisit the situation next year when he's healthy and ready to prove it .....

Just now, jbaron04 said:

He did it to him self tbh 

Well yeah, you can't really "do it to yourself" more than requesting a trade ...lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Entirely possible.   I think we’re all in very uncharted waters now,  so I’m not really comfortable with most any guess, including mine!   And that’s what we’re all doing — guessing.   :giveup:

Exactly right. I just dispute the notion the colts are making up his injury status. I think if I anything, they just don’t know for whatever reason, the extent of the ankle. From what I’ve been reading regarding the rules, JT would have had to supply information via documentation to the team doctors or have a scan that shows an actual injury to go on PUP or NFI. This section of the rule book  also said that information must be filed by to the league office for review and confirmation. So it’s not like they could make this up even if they wanted too. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I think Drake, Hunt, will both get one year deals..

Drake signed 1year minimum.

Think if we sign Hunt it will probably be in the $2-$3m range, and yeah 1yr.

Moss

Hunt

Drake

Hull

PS

Jackson

IR/PUP/trade

Taylor 

Great committee.

Arguable top pass pro back and 3 versatile backs.

No room for Jackson, hopefully could get him to PS.

When are season tickets on sale or are they sold out already for the Colts? I'm just asking because this feels like the same thing where the Colts are trying to A.) Stall until everyone buys their tickets before releasing information or B.) There is something wrong with Taylor and they are just putting together a bunch of 1 year contracts at RB to get a committee going.

Either way, I don't like it, and it's why I don't like buying tickets to athletics or concerts ahead of time. Card subject to change and all that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When are season tickets on sale or are they sold out already for the Colts? I'm just asking because this feels like the same thing where the Colts are trying to A.) Stall until everyone buys their tickets before releasing information or B.) There is something wrong with Taylor and they are just putting together a bunch of 1 year contracts at RB to get a committee going.

Either way, I don't like it, and it's why I don't like buying tickets to athletics or concerts ahead of time. Card subject to change and all that. 

Season tickets went on sale in like March. Put the tinfoil down 

Just now, csmopar said:

Season tickets went on sale in like March. Put the tinfoil down 

Quit trying to censor free thinking. This has been done once before with Luck where details were hidden in order to sell tickets and get higher ratings. They could have easily been doing it again from my perspective not knowing when season tickets were released. Didn't know it was March. However, the Colts have been caught doing it once, so I don't trust them, especially when Taylor is an elite RB and Richardson is a rookie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Quit trying to censor free thinking. This has been done once before with Luck where details were hidden in order to sell tickets and get higher ratings. They could have easily been doing it again from my perspective not knowing when season tickets were released. Didn't know it was March. However, the Colts have been caught doing it once, so I don't trust them, especially when Taylor is an elite RB and Richardson is a rookie.

Riiiiiight. Mhm

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Colts might as well extend JT who has less mileage but may cost more. Colts have the cap space, no?

JT has massive miles on him going back six years. 2017-current Carries by back....

Hunt - 895

Elliott- 1559

Cook - 1282

Taylor - 1682

So yeah....Taylor is "younger" I guess.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You are more than welcome to join me on the wait and see train. I will save you a seat!!  Really, we have no idea what’s going on with JT or what kind of QB we have or how our coach and staff will be. It’s fun to speculate but sooner or later it all reaches a point where all there is left is to wait and see 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

also he didn’t try to censor you.   Censoring you would have been saying you can’t say it.  He gave you his opinion of what you said. That’s not the samething and while you are more than welcome to post whatever theory you have others are also free to give you their reaction to it even if it’s not what you want it to be.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

also he didn’t try to censor you.   Censoring you would have been saying you can’t say it.  He gave you his opinion of what you said. That’s not the samething and while you are more than welcome to post whatever theory you have others are also free to give you their reaction to it even if it’s not what you want it to be.

It's more he's trying to discourage me from thinking the way I do because it's not "the majority opinion" and calling it a tinfoil theory is a way of discouraging that line of thinking. That's why I don't like it, especially when the line of thought I had already happened with Luck and possibly Leonard. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No one is censoring anything. Censoring would be me deleting your comment. Me telling you it’s a nutty conspiracy theory is not . You’re entirely free as far as I’m concerned to post whatever. Doesn’t mean I won’t exercise my free speech and tell you that it’s a crazy tinfoil hat theory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's more he's trying to discourage me from thinking the way I do because it's not "the majority opinion" and calling it a tinfoil theory is a way of discouraging that line of thinking. That's why I don't like it, especially when the line of thought I had already happened with Luck and possibly Leonard. 

No not all. by all means, please keep posting away with this, I need a good laugh.  

as for majority opinion, please. You’re talking to the guy who said we should cut Leonard LAST year. And the guy who has the unpopular on here anyway, opinion that Andrew Luck is the biggest bust in the history of the league.

but by all means, keep doing you.