Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing in Hunt for visit tomorrow.

Indyfan4life

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm the one who started the "low-balled" narrative.

And I'll admit -- I took the common opinion of Ballard, saying that he always plays it cheap, and applied it to a situation that may or may not have called for it.

MY FAULT!  :corner:

You are hardly the only one who went with it and dove into it. You are not responsible for others.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I think Taylor wants out.  I also think luring hunt away from the saints means we are going to sign him. I think Taylor get traded… Hunt and Drake split carries.

Jonathan Taylor is under contract for this year - and - Irsay has already emphatically announced that he won't be traded now or in October before the trade deadline.

A deal couldn't be reached with Kareem Hunt.

With Taylor rehabbing away from the team - Zach Moss with a broken arm - and - Deon Jackson injured - the team is doing their due diligence for RB depth for the preseason and first couple of weeks of the season.

Once Taylor starts missing game $$$ - he'll be back on the field.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Once Taylor starts missing game $$$ - he'll be back on the field

I also think that's what will eventually happen.

We see this type thing every year where a guy wants out or supposedly won't play for a particular team and when it's time to start losing $$$ they eventually show up because even if Taylor thinks he's underpaid he'll be losing 175K a week (I think the # is 3M he's owed). That's not chump change even it isn't top NFL pay.

47 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Once Taylor starts missing game $$$ - he'll be back on the field

If he is on the injured list he will still get some money, maybe all? Depends if IR or PUP.

PUP player gets 100% of salary, IR has some other language.

Be interesting to see the finer details of his contract.

How much of his $4.3m non-guaranteed money would he receive, if he was on the IR?

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl/do-nfl-players-on-injured-reserve-ir-count-against-salary-cap-bm06/

Per BETMGM:

"Players do typically get paid while on injured reserve, but depending on their contract details, they may not be paid their full non-guaranteed salary. Regardless of what is paid out, though, the full salary cap hit is accounted for on the team cap sheet, regardless of health status"

47 minutes ago, IinD said:

We see this type thing every year where a guy wants out or supposedly won't play for a particular team and when it's time to start losing $$$ they eventually show up because even if Taylor thinks he's underpaid he'll be losing 175K a week (I think the # is 3M he's owed). That's not chump change even it isn't top NFL pay.

It's about $253k a game. He is owed $4.3m

• Thanks 1

Jackson has a 3.3 avg in 81 career carries....you may be wondering how that stacks up all time WELL it is tied for worst in NFL history with Clarke Hinkle who retired in 1941 so him missing time not a factor.

Drake is a player, a bit long in the tooth but 4.5 yards per carry over career and last season avg 4.4

Moss 4.3 per career but last year was his career high,if he misses time will be missed,

Hull could well be starting opening day,best hands by far but a 3 down back if needed.

Not sorry hunt left with no contract, never liked players with incidents like he had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This certainly makes a lot of sense.  I wouldn't have left the Saints unless I knew and was happy with what was waiting for me in Indy.  

But yet the Saints didn’t see anything on the physical? Am I missing something?

Edit - Truly asking. I’ve seen it floated around, and it does make sense on its own, but wasn’t it practically a done deal with Saints? 

14 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

But yet the Saints didn’t see anything on the physical? Am I missing something?

Edit - Truly asking. I’ve seen it floated around, and it does make sense on its own, but wasn’t it practically a done deal with Saints? 

What we don’t know is when teams put a player through a physical when they’re taking a visit.  It could be at the end before he signs.  He could have received the Colts call and liked what he heard and decided to skip the Saints physical and just fly  to Indy.  I have read numerous reports of players agreeing to deals contingent upon passing a physical.  Not sure we will ever know if he took a Saints physical.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, w87r said:

If he is on the injured list he will still get some money, maybe all? Depends if IR or PUP.

PUP player gets 100% of salary, IR has some other language.

Be interesting to see the finer details of his contract.

How much of his $4.3m non-guaranteed money would he receive, if he was on the IR?

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl/do-nfl-players-on-injured-reserve-ir-count-against-salary-cap-bm06/

Per BETMGM:

"Players do typically get paid while on injured reserve, but depending on their contract details, they may not be paid their full non-guaranteed salary. Regardless of what is paid out, though, the full salary cap hit is accounted for on the team cap sheet, regardless of health status"

Taylor is currently on the PUP list.

Placing him on IR would mean the Colts would pay him for the whole season - but - he wouldn't play a down.  I don't see that happening.

After having Jim Irsay proclaim JT completely healed and ready for camp - and - Shaq Leonard "we'll see" - one wonders why JT is on the PUP list.

22 hours ago, IinD said:

I concur.

My biggest question is - WHY - is he "rehabbing" away from the team?

Shouldn't he be rehabbing with the Colts training staff?

JT isn't hurt. I think his ankle is just a convenient excuse.

This is purely a contract hold-out. He wants an extension, Colts don't want to give him one or one of the caliber he feels he needs. Is what it is. I'm glad they got him away from the team once they realized he's more of a distraction than anything else.