Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts going to Berlin!

RNGDShobby

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

I love the idea, but why not do preseason games instead of regular season? Sure the product is worse, but I feel bad for the home team losing a home game.

I think the ‘non USA’ fan base are a little more discerning than that. I assume it was the owners that agreed to all this, not the fans…..

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Exactly. They took the most important regular season game of the year and gave it to Germany?! Wth. If the league wants to play overseas. Create a European league like the NBA did and leave our teams home

Most important game of the regular season? The Brady v Manning days are long gone. Chide the owners, they sent ‘our’ teams scuttling off overseas. Anyway, all irrelevant what us fans think, the money men decide as usual…..

• Like 2

Exactly. They took the most important regular season game of the year and gave it to Germany?! Wth. If the league wants to play overseas. Create a European league like the NBA did and leave our teams home

To me when teams go over seas they don't even play with the same energy. It's like the trip takes all the gas out of them.

• Like 1

So you feel this game is more important than our games facing our AFC South rivals? Why? (Seriously interested in your POV, not trying to start an argument)

37 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

So you feel this game is more important than our games facing our AFC South rivals? Why? (Seriously interested in your POV, not trying to start an argument)

Yep. Because I absolutely hate the Patriots organization from Kraft all the way down to the pile of bird poop in their parking lots. And any time we match against them, it’s the most important game of the season. If we only go 1-16 and that only win is against the Patriots, it’s on par with a round one play off win to me

nothing against our European friends, I’ve travelled a bunch of European countries, though not all, but so far, they’ve all been welcoming and polite people. I just don’t and will never like the idea of sending two teams over seas to play ball. Now if London or Berlin or Paris had their own team, that might change my mind, but they don’t. 

12 hours ago, stitches said:

Frankfurt is over 1000 miles from me, but if I manage to get tickets I think I will make the trip this year :monkeydance:

You should definitely go. You have lots of time to plan. Perhaps you can meet other Colts Forum fans like @coltsleafsand @ColtsGermany@Mr. Irrelevant you probably should attend too.

In 2022, I wanted to travel to Europe to watch the Vikings and Saints. I was disappointed that I did not go, but I could not get others to travel along. Perhaps next time the Vikings are in Europe, I can attend the game and meet new people.

I think it is great to have a few games outside the USA every year so that other fans can enjoy the game we love. :fb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im so excited for this and will try my absolute hardest to get tickets for it. 

I have been wanting to travel over to Indy for a game for a while now (and that will still happen at some point) but this is an oppurtunity that I will make the most of. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

Meh.  The Colts probably don't have any "important" games next season. 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

The fans on here who are just thrilled at the chance to see their team once in their lives shows why international games are working for the NFL and will continue.

It is amazing to see. Really cool. I have just taken it for granted that I have been to roughly 45 games since 1987 in my lifetime. 1st game I ever went too was a blowout win vs Tampa Bay where Dickerson just went off. We won the division in 1987. In 1995, I went to see SF - we beat Young and Rice. In 1996, I went to see the Chargers - we lost but I got Harbaugh's autograph. During the Peyton era from 2002-2011, I went too at least to 3 games a year. Major games were Buffalo in 1998 - Flutie torched us - that was when Peyton was a rookie, Dallas in 1999 - Marv burns Deion we won, NY Jets in 2000 - we won, Playoff game vs Denver in 2004 - that was one big party romp!, 2009 vs the Patriots/4th and 2 - Sunday night, and I have seen Houston, Jacks, and Tennessee so many times I have lost count. In the Luck era I was able to see Houston twice and Jacks in 2012, last game I attended was in 2013 when we blew Houston out. We won the division and my time at that point was recliner time at the age of 42 - great way to go out. I was ready to just relax, not have to deal with traffic/crowds, can follow all the games at home with food and beer on hand. You youngsters can have at it now.

I have seen it all from the RCA Dome to Lucas Oil The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, craigerb said:

Moderator -- correct this title: Colts going to Berlin!

Yes, please update the title from Berlin to German or Frankfurt, its making my OCD go crazy haha

But I think its great that these games happen in Europe for multiple reasons. As someone who gets up early, I happen to love the 9:30am starts. I also lived in the UK as a child and would have killed to be able to go to a game in person back then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

This is the link to register to have the chance to buy tickets :

https://shp.csharmony.epsilon.com/pages/NFL_US/2023_Germany_ROI/?fbclid=PAAaYZQv1_iYQgKRYczdQoOArVuFceHlP_OOxW8DE3DJd96SZHHRyL2aCQUKI

Don't know if this is the link for buying tickets in the states, too, or just for europe. 

Thanks for posting that. Just signed up.

17 hours ago, krunk said:

To me when teams go over seas they don't even play with the same energy. It's like the trip takes all the gas out of them.

I think it depends on how the season is going for the team. If the team is not having very good season or in the process of regression that players are not already finding any excitement like last year for Colts, then the overseas trip does puncture the tires fully and breaks down more than it should. 

I have seen two exciting Vikings seasons in last two decades, '17 & '22, both having international games in the first half when the season is still fresh or right in the middle of the season, and both times the team didn't miss a beat during, before or after the international game. 

I think Colts will have very exciting first couple of years with new franchise QB in Richardson probably starting and playing by the time Germany game comes around, and players will have more fun with the overseas schedule. 

Of course, team management and logistics need to do everything possible to make players feel at home even while going away from the country to make it possible. There will be very less time for actual practice during the week from what I've seen with various teams, and players will have to feel at full strength while eating, working and sleeping differently than usual. 

3 hours ago, pkbrux said:

Yes, please update the title from Berlin to German or Frankfurt, its making my OCD go crazy haha

But I think its great that these games happen in Europe for multiple reasons. As someone who gets up early, I happen to love the 9:30am starts. I also lived in the UK as a child and would have killed to be able to go to a game in person back then.

Thankfully, that didn't happen and you've been a free person outside :D

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

Yep. Because I absolutely hate the Patriots organization from Kraft all the way down to the pile of bird poop in their parking lots. And any time we match against them, it’s the most important game of the season. If we only go 1-16 and that only win is against the Patriots, it’s on par with a round one play off win to me

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We won the division and my time at that point was recliner time at the age of 42 - great way to go out. I was ready to just relax, not have to deal with traffic/crowds, can follow all the games at home with food and beer on hand. You youngsters can have at it now.

I have seen it all from the RCA Dome to Lucas Oil The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Hey buddy! :D Colts viewing party at your house, I’m waiting for that invite!

:headspin:

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 9:47 AM, ColtsGermany said:

Ok. Think the tickets go on sale in June or July here. In the states Idk. I try to get some information. 

Just looked it up. It's a lottery here in Germany. 

Hey….   Now that the schedule is out you should check it out on the website.   As you scroll down game by game you’ll see that with each game there’s a link that you can click on with info about how to buy tickets.   

And it’s customized for where you live.   For me near Los Angeles, it wasn’t very helpful.   But for you living near Germany I think you might get some very valuable info on the game you want. 

Hope this is helpful….      

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 9:11 PM, csmopar said:

nothing against our European friends, I’ve travelled a bunch of European countries, though not all, but so far, they’ve all been welcoming and polite people. I just don’t and will never like the idea of sending two teams over seas to play ball. Now if London or Berlin or Paris had their own team, that might change my mind, but they don’t. 

"pile of bird poop" homer simpson bird GIF

On 5/10/2023 at 6:06 PM, jvan1973 said:

That's just incorrect.   Ask any Packer or bears fan if there is a rivalry.   Ask Michigan and Ohio State fans.    Michigan finally got over the hump recently, but Ohio State won like 9 in a row

I was born and raised in Chicago so erase your opinion. When you lose year after year after year to the same team that means there is no rivalry only envy and shame. You site Michigan & Ohio State!!!! Yeah, that again is only a case of envy with a dose of rejection in Michigan.  Did you forget the Bears passed on Mahomes??!! That says it all for the past few decades of Bears football.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:40 PM, krunk said:

Yeah I don't agree. Anybody who watched Colts vs Pats when Wentz was here would tell u that's not true. Was clearly a rivalry. It's not dead. I'd much rather have that game played here than over seas.

I watched the Pats beat #18 over and over so Wentz is a nothing burger.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:11 PM, csmopar said:

I agree if we only win 2 games patriots and steelers are who I want to beat

• Like 1

I know the patriots have a lot of fans in Germany but I would think the colts will also for this game

the connections that I know of 

Dabo is our international exemption and he is german

werner is German and i would imagine the only German first round pick in the nfl.  Maybe he will be part of the broadcast over there 

Raimann is Austrian so I’m not sure if that helps or not

this is a stretch but Andrew Lucks father was the gm of the Frankfurt galaxy 

any other German connections?

• 3 weeks later...

I just received an email from the NFL saying the tickets for the Colts vs Pats game go on sale on July 11th 12pm (CEST). Put that on your calendar... 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-frankfurt-games-all-you-need-to-know

Only people who have registered on the site will be allowed to participate in the sale. 

@ColtsGermany @Robin @coltsleafs @Chucklez  @Mr. Irrelevant @Nickster @SurfinKal @lester@jvan1973 @SwedishColt @Solid84

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2