Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Things I would like to see in the final 3 games.

Matabix

Smith at RG with Fries or Kelly at RT. Cross playing more snaps at safety. Blackmon continue playing Nickel.  Would like to see DeForest play DE on run downs. More Strachan and Patmon. Sam at QB the last 2 games. Win or Lose at this point I'm fine with. We are getting a new coach, hope we keep Defense and Special teams coaches here. We need all new offensive guys except maybe Reggie. WRs was biggest question for this season and seems to be the only position group that exceeded expectations sorta. Also afraid we'll get a new QB early. So far none of the QBs coming next year impress me.

Nothing that I haven't ALREADY seen. Not only for this season BUT what I've seen for the last SIX years under the mediocre Ballard!!! As a matter of fact his LOSING record suggests that he's SUBPAR as a first time gm. His snail approach in team building along with his philosophy of JAG type players at premium positions has left this franchise falling further behind in the loaded AFC. The Colts have NEVER challenged for ANYTHING under his watch NOT even for the weak division!!! I don't think these are the RESULTS expected from a unjustly labeled "top" gm.

I HOPE Ballard is GONE after the remaining three games. I HOPE that Saturday is NOT an viable option for the full time gig as hc after the season either. Time to get an experienced gm, big time hc or a young offensive minded one from a high level staff or that runs an explosive system. The nfl has gone away from the BASIC run first offenses. Guys like Saturday (rushing mentality) and Ballard (flawed philosophy) are relics in today's wide open aggressive league. If the Colts are not careful and don't change their approach by starting at a minimum to get a young dynamic qb to go along with some game changing explosive receivers they will find themselves slowly becoming bottom feeders not only in the league but in their own WEAK division too.

I would like to see:

• 15 more receptions by Jelani Woods
  • 1000 total yards by Pittman
  • over 650 total yards by both Campbell and Pierce
  • 7 more passing touchdowns
  • 11 total sacks and 8 more tackles for loss by Ngakoue
  • 9 total sacks for Buckner
  • 8 total sacks for Paye
  • an INT for Okereke.  Just one.  Please.
  • 2 starts for Nick Cross

I want to see Foles play well so we don’t have to sign another backup.                                  I want to see Raimann win the LT position.                                                                                  I want to see Pinter start at Center.                                                                                             I want to see the team win the last three games.  Tanking is for losers.  Ballard will find us a new starter.  Yes.  Ballard.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I want to see Foles play well so we don’t have to sign another backup.                                  I want to see Raimann win the LT position.                                                                                  I want to see Pinter start at Center.                                                                                             I want to see the team win the last three games.  Tanking is for losers.  Ballard will find us a new starter.  Yes.  Ballard.

I agree with everything EXCEPT the Ballard part. Hard for me to trust the man who hasn't done so thus far. I mean realistically how many MORE YEARS do you give him before he can at the minimum have this team challenge for the lowly division? The Jags have ALREADY passed us and might win the division THIS season all while we keep making excuses for the "what has he REALLY done" Ballard. This is a RESULT driven league and a under .500 tenure is NOT good enough unless he is on the 10 - 15 year plan.... :facepalm:

- Raimann continue to get better

- Woods and Granson getting all the snaps at TE

- Pierce getting lots of targets

- Pinter at C

- Cross and Thomas getting all the snaps at S

- Rogers started at CB

- No more wins, 1 at the most if it has to be the Texans.

43 minutes ago, husker61 said:

At this point everyone is playing for next year, so why start foles? He isn’t the future, this is his 11th year in the league, everyone knows what he is. I think Saturday is trying to win meaningless games instead of playing for the future of the team.

A win is a meaningful game. Playing for a loss is tanking and that is for losers with a losers mentality.  

To be fair to Ballard. The personnel look good that we have. Maybe Reich provided just enough hope not to fire him. Idc what the last 2 4th quarters looked like, we have a great defense. But if we don't do any changes to the offense, either personnel or scheme wise in the last 3 games we have no answers to alot of questions. We know what we got in Pittman, JT, and MAC. I want more Patmon, Strachan, Woods, Moss and Pierce. I believe Jackson can fit into a nice change of pace back.

7 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

- Raimann continue to get better

- Woods and Granson getting all the snaps at TE

- Pierce getting lots of targets

- Pinter at C

- Cross and Thomas getting all the snaps at S

- Rogers started at CB

- No more wins, 1 at the most if it has to be the Texans.

Texans barely lost to Dallas, played the Chiefs to OT,  and beat the Titans today. They’re hot now.

They should start Ehlinger the rest of the way.  That allows the guy who may be our backup of the future get some snaps and if we lose that's a good thing at this point.  But whatever happens we get a real good look at a player we wouldn't get to look at usually at that critical QB spot.

We know who Foles is.  He's a good backup QB who will probably have us win two or three meaningless games and make our draft position worse, and then after the season we'll have no idea what we have in Ehlinger.

Ehlinger if he could end up taking that backup job would give us a sub $1M QB2 for the next few years.  I realize we're not in cap hell right now but that savings of $2M per year on backup QB could be a good thing, plus Ehlinger is younger in terms of being able to hold down that job while the drafted QB learns the ropes.

5 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Texans barely lost to Dallas, played the Chiefs to OT,  and beat the Titans today. They’re hot now.

This is noteworthy to me.... What I see is a team in the division that could possibly become a problem much sooner than later. We are only 2 wins better now and have ALREADY settled for a tie with the Texans.

They need a qb and will probably draft one. After that it wouldn't surprise me if the Texans rose as ANOTHER team to quickly sprout into contention in the AFC. All while the Colts have been stuck in neutral under Ballard for the last SIX years with NO real progression as a serious contending team. 

On a side note TY still looks faster than ANY receiver we currently have.

6 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

On a side note TY still looks faster than ANY receiver we currently have.

There's no way he is faster than PC at the moment. A better route runner and overall receiver yes. He had that one catch yesterday, and to me showed he would of still been useful to the Colts this year. Ryan was gonna get him a 52 yard bomb but he could of been useful still.

13 hours ago, KB said:

There's no way he is faster than PC at the moment. A better route runner and overall receiver yes. He had that one catch yesterday, and to me showed he would of still been useful to the Colts this year. Ryan was gonna get him a 52 yard bomb but he could of been useful still.

I'm not sure PC still has that same speed after all the accumulated injuries he's had. When's the last time you saw him blow past someone or even pull away after catch? PC is SOLID but he's not a game changing wr that this team desperately needs nor are there any on this roster. Take the Vikings who qin contrast let a top 5 receiver in Diggs get away but then drafted Jefferson who possibly could be the best receiver in the game right now. Meanwhile Ballard can’t seem to find a single explosive receiver.

On 12/24/2022 at 10:56 PM, Boondoggle said:

They should start Ehlinger the rest of the way.  That allows the guy who may be our backup of the future get some snaps and if we lose that's a good thing at this point.  But whatever happens we get a real good look at a player we wouldn't get to look at usually at that critical QB spot.

We know who Foles is.  He's a good backup QB who will probably have us win two or three meaningless games and make our draft position worse, and then after the season we'll have no idea what we have in Ehlinger.

Ehlinger if he could end up taking that backup job would give us a sub $1M QB2 for the next few years.  I realize we're not in cap hell right now but that savings of $2M per year on backup QB could be a good thing, plus Ehlinger is younger in terms of being able to hold down that job while the drafted QB learns the ropes.

I hate to disagree with a fellow Colts fan but. I hoped the Ehlinger could have stepped up

IMHO.  If Ehlinger remotely was going to be considered HE would be taking snaps in this garbage time that is left

IMHO…. At the start of the season.  If you thought he had a future as a backup.   You don’t bring in Foles

I think the front office knows what they have in Ehlinger. 

I would be surprised if he is on the roster next year

We very much need to upgrade the whole QB room

Bring in the rookies

On 12/24/2022 at 9:30 AM, richard pallo said:

I agree with MOST of this

We need a solid vet backup on this team to help mentor the rookie QB

i think Foles is the perfect person for that job

He is not the long term answer as a starting QB. But back up.  Yep

Need to play to win.   Always

Pinter should be center of future

Im excited to see Raiman continue to get better

im not 100 percent on Ballard. 
He is in charge of the HC.   This team hasn’t been ready for a game for years with Reich 

We seemed always surprised and started to play in second half even against crappy teams

Loved the man for what he stood for but he should be an OC.  Not a HC

HC works for GM 

The lack of a long term solution at the most important position in football the QB is on the GM

we will see how it plays out

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hate to disagree with a fellow Colts fan but. I hoped the Ehlinger could have stepped up

IMHO.  If Ehlinger remotely was going to be considered HE would be taking snaps in this garbage time that is left

IMHO…. At the start of the season.  If you thought he had a future as a backup.   You don’t bring in Foles

I think the front office knows what they have in Ehlinger. 

I would be surprised if he is on the roster next year

We very much need to upgrade the whole QB room

Bring in the rookies

I agree with the idea we need more talent in the QB room.  And you make a fair point they have an opinion on what Ehlinger is in-house.

But whose opinion is that.  Currently the answer is Jeff Saturday.  This is Jeff trying to win as much as he can.  Is he worried about long term value of the kid QB and seeing what he has in these snaps?  Not likely.

Ballard is probably thinking about that, but at this point his own job is undoubtedly in the fore of his mind and he's not going to win an argument to start the kid to get looks at him in live snaps when there's a coach trying to win.

But at this point the games are rather meaningless.  And I don't care if Jeff Saturday wins any more games because he should not be in the mix to be our head coach going forward.  This is why I say the mismanagement of this season starts at the top.  With Irsay.  I am very concerned for our future right now in large part due to his decision making.

Archived