Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUNE IN: Jim Irsay, Chris Ballard and Jeff Saturday Press Conference at 7:30 PM ET

BlueShoe

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DougDew said:

What do they love?  The firing by itself?   Or the fact that it was followed up by Saturday being named interim HC? 

I think hiring Satursay is a good move. If he is successful, I think he would probably keep most of the defensive staff and the scheme. He would keep Reggie and would look for an OC. I think Strausser is gone but correct me if I am wrong didn't Saturday play more of zone scheme on the Oline? 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I hope someone asks “how Saturday got chosen with zero experience over other coaches on the team that do have head coaching experience” and how do you think players will view bringing in a tv analyst to be the head coach 

Great question, but expect softball questions; easy and no heat.

Colts delay press conference to 8:00 p.m. ET

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/colts-delay-press-conference-to-800-p-m-et/

...What if Saturday pulls a quasi-Josh McDaniels, realizing that a man with no college or pro coaching experience has no business walking through the door as the head coach? That’s not impossible. What if the exiting coaching staff has given owner Jim Irsay an ultimatum, threatening to resign rather than be part of a potential farce?

What if they’re trying to nail down a new playcaller, since they currently don’t have one? There’s been speculation about ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky taking the job. What if the Colts are negotiating with him?...

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Colts delay press conference to 8:00 p.m. ET

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/colts-delay-press-conference-to-800-p-m-et/

...What if Saturday pulls a quasi-Josh McDaniels, realizing that a man with no college or pro coaching experience has no business walking through the door as the head coach? That’s not impossible. What if the exiting coaching staff has given owner Jim Irsay an ultimatum, threatening to resign rather than be part of a potential farce?

What if they’re trying to nail down a new playcaller, since they currently don’t have one? There’s been speculation about ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky taking the job. What if the Colts are negotiating with him?...

This is all super weird. I wonder if it’s something as simple as Jeff’s flight getting delayed.

If not I wonder if there’s something going on with Ballard. Before all this, Jeff had been really critical of the Colts personnel decisions. Rightfully so though.

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I still say that one decision indirectly began the end of Andrew Luck for this franchise.  

You have two guys in the GM and HC who were on thin ice trying to do everything to win football games in the 2016 season.  No one was the adult in the room and told Andrew he is not playing unless his right shoulder is pain free and told him to get the surgery done on his right shoulder.  

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think hiring Satursay is a good move. If he is successful, I think he would probably keep most of the defensive staff and the scheme. He would keep Reggie and would look for an OC. I think Strausser is gone but correct me if I am wrong didn't Saturday play more of zone scheme on the Oline? 

I don't see the problem with JS named HC.

Maybe Irsay recognizes that with a crappy oline and Sam at Qb, does it really matter who the coach is?  People are taking this move way to seriously.

Actually, with about $40M tied up in olinemen, what I would want to know if I was him, is what is going on with Nelson, Smith, and Kelly.  Are their problems the coaching or are they health or attitude related.  Was Frank telling management the truth about them,...covering for them....or was Frank the problem.

Getting to the bottom of the oline problems...personal performances...is more important than winning games, IMO.

Archived