Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUNE IN: Jim Irsay, Chris Ballard and Jeff Saturday Press Conference at 7:30 PM ET

BlueShoe

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Sounds a little impulsive,,,but then again Orlovsky said that Saturday was asking him about offense details for weeks.  Maybe the change in midseason was unexpected?  

It sounds like Jeff's first job is to evaluate everything that's going on with the oline.  Not unexpected from us in the peanut gallery.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not aware that the WRs, and RBs stink in blocking.    Has that been confirmed?    I have confirmed that the TEs are not doing a good job. 

Thanks.

I think there is enough evidence to suggest that Pitt failed in run blocking during the WAS game.  And people here have mentioned more than a few times how JT and even Hines struggle with pass blocking.  I think there are probably PFF grades to support this.

And we know that neither Granson or any RB lines up to lead block from the backfield, like Doyle would do occasionally.  I would guess that Frank figured they wouldn't be as good at it as Doyle.

All of this adds up to the implication that NONE of our skilled positions are very good blockers...except MAC, who has graded below his norm this season, IIRC.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think there is enough evidence to suggest that Pitt failed in run blocking during the WAS game.  And people here have mentioned more than a few times how JT and even Hines struggle with pass blocking.  I think there are probably PFF grades to support this.

And we know that neither Granson or any RB lines up to lead block from the backfield, like Doyle would do occasionally.  I would guess that Frank figured they wouldn't be as good at it as Doyle.

All of this adds up to the implication that NONE of our skilled positions are very good blockers...except MAC, who has graded below his norm this season, IIRC.

I think Moss is a very good blocker. Hopefully they can come up with a use for him. 

18 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

This is the quote I thought would get more traction & maybe I’ve just missed it.

Shortly after saying this, he goes on to say something about you dont have to crunch the numbers to see the success….

If that isn’t crunching numbers Jimmy, not sure what is.

He also said that he knows how to run a team because he has been in the league for 52 years (Hired in 1982 which is actually 40 years but I guess the crunching numbers part is not important), yet when it comes to experience for a head coach he is "glad Saturday has no NFL  coaching experience." 

You can't make this stuff up!.....or maybe you can. 

16 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is cold and classless 

Jim Irsay has been extremely unprofessional and classless with the way he has handled himself since last year going back to how he handled the Wentz situation. He’s becoming a really annoying owner. Frank Reich deserved the firing, but not to be fired over the phone after Irsay called his replacement while he was still coaching the game. This franchise is going to have a hard time bringing anyone with him as Owner. He’s Jerry Jones 2.0

Just watched Jeff's presser.  He needs to realize he's not on ESPN anymore, he's no longer a talking head.  As a coach, less is more.  All the rambling as a coach, it won't help anything.  Cut it in half or more.

It's also better to have one personality on the field and a different one for press conferences.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jim Irsay has been extremely unprofessional and classless with the way he has handled himself since last year going back to how he handled the Wentz situation. He’s becoming a really annoying owner. Frank Reich deserved the firing, but not to be fired over the phone after Irsay called his replacement while he was still coaching the game. This franchise is going to have a hard time bringing anyone with him as Owner. He’s Jerry Jones 2.0

Well Jones don't have a problem with hiring good people and Jim will not either. His money is as good as anyone's. 

23 minutes ago, philba101 said:

He also said that he knows how to run a team because he has been in the league for 52 years (Hired in 1982 which is actually 40 years but I guess the crunching numbers part is not important), yet when it comes to experience for a head coach he is "glad Saturday has no NFL  coaching experience." 

You can't make this stuff up!.....or maybe you can. 

Jim was 12 years old when he started in the locker room for the Baltimore Colts. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Believe it or not some of the best companies in the world treat their employees like garbage at times. I have seen it and read about it a lot. The NFL can be a cruel world, it is about winning, if you don't win then you get the boot. Yes, seems awful but that is the way it is. 

Well yea, you win or get fired, every knows that, but it could be done professionally. 

I get it’s a tough conversation, but Frank surely at least deserved that didn’t he?

11 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well yea, you win or get fired, every knows that, but it could be done professionally. 

I get it’s a tough conversation, but Frank surely at least deserved that didn’t he?

He did, over the phone.  I'm pretty sure what was said was what had to be said.  

Doing things with professionalism and class is not a corporate America thing to put it kindly. Managers today are spineless, self-serving weasels. That's why nobody is "fired" anymore. They're "laid off." As if they have a chance in hell of coming back. These are the kind of guys who if they were officers in Vietnam, their own men would have no problem shooting them. They are not leaders. 

As for Reich's situation, I don't know how "bad" or ordinary that was. Maybe calling a coach on the phone with the news is common and accepted now and Reich wasn't nearly as offended as some fans are. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He did, over the phone.  I'm pretty sure what was said was what had to be said.  

Well, there in lies the problem. First, he is calling Saturday to see if he will do it, before he fires Frank - not professional.

Not having the compassion/respect for a person who has been a part of Jim’s organization for years - not professional 

I’m not a Frank supporter as a HC, but as human being, I feel confident in saying he deserved better than this.

I will also add that this assumes what is being reported is true. I’ve personally began to question if he isn’t the issue, or a large part of it. I’ve generally defended him in the past, something just feels off for me, and I sincerely hope my current impression of him is my misjudgment.

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well, there in lies the problem. First, he is calling Saturday to see if he will do it, before he fires Frank - not professional.

Not having the compassion/respect for a person who has been a part of Jim’s organization for years - not professional 

I’m not a Frank supporter as a HC, but as human being, I feel confident in saying he deserved better than this.

I will also add that this assumes what is being reported is true. I’ve personally began to question if he isn’t the issue, or a large part of it. I’ve generally defended him in the past, something just feels off for me, and I sincerely hope my current impression of him is my misjudgment.

Did the part of the 9 million dollars a year enter into your thought process? NFL is a business and like it or not that's the bottom line. Frank is a very rich man and Irsay played a role in that. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:45 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I have seen this movie before. It’s like a bad re-run of a horror movie from late 70’s , early 80’s. 

On 11/9/2022 at 1:49 PM, #12. said:

Just watched Jeff's presser.  He needs to realize he's not on ESPN anymore, he's no longer a talking head.  As a coach, less is more.  All the rambling as a coach, it won't help anything.  Cut it in half or more.

It's also better to have one personality on the field and a different one for press conferences.

He needed a haircut and a shave too. Lol!

22 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I have seen this movie before. It’s like a bad re-run of a horror movie from late 70’s , early 80’s. 

Jim is a far different person than his dad.  Also,  I don't recall Jim's employees not being paid.   Can Biscotti say the same?

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Jim is a far different person than his dad.  Also,  I don't recall Jim's employees not being paid.   Can Biscotti say the same?

Not sure what you’re talking about with Biscotti. 
No two people are the same, but the meddling is currently very similar to his father. Hopefully , he gets back on the right track, but GM’s and coaches can’t function when an owner is calling all the shots. It’s rarely a good recipe for success. 

Archived