Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUNE IN: Jim Irsay, Chris Ballard and Jeff Saturday Press Conference at 7:30 PM ET

BlueShoe

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

"You all f***ing kicking me for years for not drafting wide outs and all of a sudden I look up and we are underperforming on the OL right now" 

WHAT THE # IS THAT? Is he actually blaming the media that his OL sucks?

No, I think he's saying you can talk about WR all you want, but to him the trenches are still more important.  The Colts have some promising young wide outs and an elite RB, but they still stink.  If the O-line isn't right, it doesn't matter.  That certainly seems to be the story in 2022.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Per WTHR, our local news channel. They say Vegas odds has Peyton Manning as being our next full time head coach. He is at +450. The Jeff Saturday move was made because at mid season you aren't getting any big name anyway. We have nothing to lose hiring him as 'interim' head coach. If we continue to suck we get a high pick anyway. 

I dont see PM wanting this job! He did joke about it in last nights MNF telecast when talking to kirk Cousins and Sean Peyton about it! Said his playbooks being sent to Saturday!(Hope he aint joking about that!) Sean Payton never said he wasn’t interested either after bringing it up!

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

I dont see PM wanting this job! He did joke about it in last nights MNF telecast when talking to kirk Cousins and Sean Peyton about it! Said his playbooks being sent to Saturday!(Hope he aint joking about that!) Sean Payton never said he wasn’t interested either after bringing it up!

Yeah just seen that on WTHR and I was shocked + Vegas odds has him favored as the next head coach. So I figured I would bring it up.

Also to his comments about having never hired a losing coach:

Pagano was 53-43 so only 10 games above .500

Reich was 40-33-1 so 7 games above .500

Dungy was the best at 85-27

Caldwell was 26-22 so only 4 games above .500

Jim Mora 32-32 lol

I know people will point to the Jags, Browns, Lions, etc… but that isn’t exactly an A level of coaches. Not to mention a lot of those wins have come from a division that’s has been mostly garbage for 20 years.

Also the combined winning percentage for Pagano and Reich is 54%, which means the Colts have been mediocre for the last 10 years. Since 2012 they are the 10th most winning team. If the chart I’m using is up to date, then by seasons end they will likely be passed by the Bills, Eagles, and Rams by their current trajectory. Possibly the Broncos too if they can squeeze out a few wins. They would drop to 14th, which be about middle of the pack.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-most-wins-since-2012

Thats why he keeps referencing the 2000’s because it makes the Colts look favorable. He really doesn’t want to talk about the 2010’s or beyond because the numbers aren’t as great.

25 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Jim saying "he not afraid" "he has no fear" in reference to Saturday, sure sounded like a shot at Ballard (to me at least, hope I'm wrong) for being scared to draft a QB. 

Remember what Ballard said about taking a QB, and I quote “ Taking one will get y’all off my * for a little bit, but the second that guy doesn’t play well. I’m gonna be the first one runout of the building. “

I still can't believe the GM of a NFL team even said that to the media. 

For me an NFL GM should be run out of town for being afraid to go after a QB, rather than because of missing on one. I've been saying this for a while - I can forgive missing on a QB, what I won't forgive is not even going for one. At least give yourself a chance. 

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah just seen that on WTHR and I was shocked + Vegas odds has him favored as the next head coach. So I figured I would bring it up.

Saw*

Sorry, recent pet peeve of mine that I have noticed many people commit. It's like listening to a song and hearing the singer hit the wrong note, constantly. 

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

Saw*

Sorry, recent pet peeve of mine that I have noticed many people commit. It's like listening to a song and hearing the singer hit the wrong note, constantly. 

You can actually use either, to some the way I used the word seen, saw is wrong. A bigger pet peeve to me is when someone says 'your a nice person' instead of 'you are a nice person'. The your/you are is much worse.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is pretty clear, you need either a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quick with good accuracy (Rivers) or have a QB that is really mobile/fast and at least has average accuarcy (Lamar Jackson) to succeed.

I disagree. It is very clear now you need a escape artist/runner, that can throw the ____ ball to be a top 4 team. 

Digging up old Jeff Saturday commercials, I am sure he is going to be leaning on Moore Restoration to deal with the water under the bridge in the Colts locker room and organization. :) 

I am sure he will go with Bailey & Woods for his mortgages in a snap to get a home in Indy:

https://www.facebook.com/BaileyAndWoodFinancialGroup/videos/bts-jeff-saturday-commercial/574603723682503/

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can actually use either, to some the way I used the word seen, saw is wrong. A bigger pet peeve to me is when someone says 'your a nice person' instead of 'you are a nice person'. The your/you are is much worse.

Should have said " I had just seen" .

So, no, you can't use either with out adding an auxillary verb. 

The people who think using "saw" is incorrect in your sentence  would be wrong.

Just saying. 

Use whatever you like. Just had to get it out of my system. 

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Should have said " I had just seen" .

So, no, you can't use either with out adding an auxillary verb. 

The people who think using "saw" is incorrect in your sentence  would be wrong.

Just saying. 

Use whatever you like. Just had to get it out of my system. 

Thanks for the English lesson. chuckling homer simpson GIF

14 hours ago, strt182 said:

Chris taking his part of blame. "damn right i deserve some of the blame" All of us on board with benching MR.. asked on board with firing Frank " YEP" Hard decision.

It is about time we saw this. Easy to say now when the owner exclaims that it is "not even in the consciousness of his mind' that Ballard won't be there next year. The actual consciousness is debatable at this point.

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Disgusted at Ballard after that conference. Basically trying to say everyone wanted a WR so don’t get mad now that the O-line is bad. He’s out of his mind for saying that. I hope they tear him a new one on Twitter for that. I’m also disappointed no one drilled him about the QB change.

Also Irsay is completely delusional. He tries to put a positive spin on everything. Said he never hired a losing coach and the last Interim coach he hired went on to win a Super Bowl lol. Comparing the hire of Bruce Arians (a super experienced coach at the time) to Saturday is not apples to apples. And never had a coach with a losing record as if Pagano was some type of elite coach.

I actually like what Saturday had to say, but the fact is that this organization is a train wreck.

Yes, Mr. Irsay failed to mention that the last interim coach he hired won a Super Bowl with a completely different organization but it is all relative at this point in his delusional approach.:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Yes, Mr. Irsay failed to mention that the last interim coach he hired won a Super Bowl with a completely different organization but it is all relative at this point in his delusional approach.:facepalm:

Arians didn’t even win a ring with the Cardinals lol. He retired and came back to the Bucs and won with Brady and Irsay is trying to hang his hat on that like it had anything to do with him lol. It’s funny but also sad. If a Colts videographer leaves and then goes and does some camera work for an Oscar winning movie, Irsay we’ll try and take credit for that too. “The videographers we hire are winners. One went on to win an Oscar. Not many organizations can say that”

2 hours ago, #12. said:

No, I think he's saying you can talk about WR all you want, but to him the trenches are still more important.  The Colts have some promising young wide outs and an elite RB, but they still stink.  If the O-line isn't right, it doesn't matter.  That certainly seems to be the story in 2022.

6 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If you want to hear a little players perspective here is Rodney McLeod on with Lawrence.

Thought that was a very good interview and it sounds like the players are waking up to the fact that they need to be accountable for their play.

9 hours ago, stitches said:

For me an NFL GM should be run out of town for being afraid to go after a QB, rather than because of missing on one. I've been saying this for a while - I can forgive missing on a QB, what I won't forgive is not even going for one. At least give yourself a chance. 

He also said he doesn't want to be the one who got rid of Luck. I'm pretty sure it was in reference of the brownies rumored to be willing trade a boat load of picks for Luck and having the 3rd pick of maybe drafting one of the Top 5 QBs in that draft.. 

He.wasn't pro active, he was more of.a.reactive GM who was slow or stubborn about certain positions, like WR.

At least irsay wiped that smug, arrogant look off his face. Irsays has gone over his head so many times lately that Ballard now knows Irsays exact shoe size.     :funny:

10 hours ago, coming on strong said:

This is the quote I thought would get more traction & maybe I’ve just missed it.

Shortly after saying this, he goes on to say something about you dont have to crunch the numbers to see the success….

If that isn’t crunching numbers Jimmy, not sure what is.

10 hours ago, stitches said:

When I heard Ballard's comments last night about the media kicking the .... out of him for not drafting wrs. Man this guy is such a snake. I really can't tolerate him

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

When I heard Ballard's comments last night about the media kicking the .... out of him for not drafting wrs. Man this guy is such a snake. I really can't tolerate him

Well what he said was true. Long before the draft most everyone said he had to draft the best WR in the draft. We had no WRs according to the fan base. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Well what he said was true. Long before the draft most everyone said he had to draft the best WR in the draft. We had no WRs according to the fan base. 

It was him basically blaming the media for pressing him. U know what? Maybe if he would have hit on some of his other picks, he could have used some pick on  the Oline. God this guy walks on water with some people and has nothing to show for all that admiration.

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You 

It was him basically blaming the media for pressing him. U know what? Maybe if he would have hit on some of his other picks, he could have used some pick on  the Oline. God this guy walks on water with some people and has nothing to show for all that admiration.

Your disdain for the man is actually hilarious.   You spend a weird amount of time hating on him.   The guy that owns the team seems to love him.   So that's good enough for me 

You take every opportunity to attack Irsay in every thread. You overlook every thing he has done good to spill your hate.

11 hours ago, #12. said:

No, I think he's saying you can talk about WR all you want, but to him the trenches are still more important.  

Yeah that's why he mostly ignored the OL this year. lol

20 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Very anxious to see Saturday’s impact on the play of the offensive line, as well as , the compete level of the Colts the remainder of the season.

I'm not as I expect it will be minimal. Great OL as a player doesn't = knows how to fix sucky other OLs. If he was hired because he was a great OL and our OL is bad so he can fix it, that was dumb in the extreme. Saturday can put lipstick on the pigs all he wants, they'll still squeal just as loud.

20 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

We’ll never make another former Patriots coach our head coach or even interim head coach.  Never. 

What a shame I think McDaniels might be available soon lol 

20 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

We will see how it will all play out but one thing is for sure it’s not going to boring.   

It will be when we have the ball. Good post though.

11 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Saw*

You're going to get all grammar police on the internet? I don't think that will go well for you.  :)  (Reformed grammar cop speaking; glaring errors drive me nuts too. I even see them in articles written by so-called professional sports journalists - mistakes I wouldn't have made in 6th grade. It's unbelievable). I just learned to let it go. It's kind of like how we should let half of our OL go, lol.

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Thought that was a very good interview and it sounds like the players are waking up to the fact that they need to be accountable for their play.

So let me get this straight.  The players r just waking up now and realize that they now need to be accountable? OMG. And this is the character  that Ballard covets so much? So not only cannot draft based on talent but now he cannot judge good character. 

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

You're going to get all grammar police on the internet? I don't think that will go well for you.  :)  (Reformed grammar cop speaking; glaring errors drive me nuts too...I even see them in articles written by so-called professional sports journalists; mistakes I wouldn't have made in 6th grade. It's unbelievable). I just learned to let it go. It's kind of like how we should let half of our OL go, lol.

GREEN EGGS AND HAM" (by Doctor Seuss) I AM SAM. I AM SAM. SAM I AM. THAT SAM-I-AM! THAT SAM-I-AM! I DO NOT LIKE THAT SAM-I-AM! DO WOULD YOU LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM? I DO NOT LIKE THEM,SAM-I-AM. I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM. WOULD YOU LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE? I WOULD NOT LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE. I WOULD NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE. I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM. I DO NOT LIKE THEM, SAM-I-AM.

I could have pasted the whole thing, but man it was long lol!!

So let me get this straight.  The players r just waking up now and realize that they now need to be accountable? OMG. And this is the character  that Ballard covets so much? So not only cannot draft based on talent but now he cannot judge good character. 

Sorry. much to difficult for you to understand.

Archived