Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Diehard colts fan here for 60plus years

bleed blue4life

Just now, bleed blue4life said:

Funny thing is. I am not mad ,upset or sad . We are just not motivated . Our guys we paid are letting us down but it is what it is. no where to go but up. Frank has lost this team no other way to say it. On the other hand we are not as bad as we are playing. I dunno but I think we need changes 

The defense is legit. With Rigo punting, our special teams is legit. 

Sucks that we might blow the entire thing up because of one side of the ball. 

Been a fan since 1984 (since I was 13 years old). I have been through bad seasons = 1984-1986 with Pagel/Jack T, the 1-15 season with George in the early 90's, the 2011 season with Painter. I have to say today leaves me with a really bad taste in my mouth and the way our FO has treated this season. I haven't felt like this in a long while.

I will always be appreciative of the great memories as in our 2006 SB win with Peyton, and seasons like 1995 with Harbaugh, 2012 = Luck's rookie season which was fun, even 2020 with Rivers was good, but today sickened me with the effort we showed.

5 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Would be nice for those overpaid weenies to give us life-long season ticket holders a refund for watching this scam of a team!

I have been to 50 or so games in my lifetime = the Dome/LOS (a lot from 1999-2013) but haven't been to a game since 2013. I have never had season tickets but I agree with your post if you have season tickets.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Been a fan since 1984 (since I was 13 years old). I have been through bad seasons = 1984-1986 with Pagel/Jack T, the 1-15 season with George in the early 90's, the 2011 season with Painter. I have to say today leaves me with a really bad taste in my mouth and the way our FO has treated this season. I haven't felt like this in a long while.

I will always be appreciative of the great memories as in our 2006 SB win with Peyton, and seasons like 1995 with Harbaugh, 2012 = Luck's rookie season which was fun, even 2020 with Rivers was good, but today sickened me with the effort we showed.

First game: Dec 1984… vs the New England Patriots

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i had your feelings last week i've been a fan since about 13 or 14  years old and that was around 1968. i remember that one year we won 1 game by 1 point. really some long ruff years. i let it all out last week and just was not suprised about this week even though didn't think it would be that bad on one side of the ball

30 minutes ago, bleed blue4life said:

Funny thing is. I am not mad ,upset or sad . We are just not motivated . Our guys we paid are letting us down but it is what it is. no where to go but up. Frank has lost this team no other way to say it. On the other hand we are not as bad as we are playing. I dunno but I think we need changes 

Yep...been a fan since Johnny U was QB in '58.

The org needs a large change...not just sacrificing Reich and going on...we need Ballard gone as well...Ballard built this thing with all the ridiculous salaries concentrated in a few players who continue to underperform and/or be absent.

We need to do the changes BEFORE the end of the season so that we can see some progress this year and the new people in charge can evaluate the players without any built-in bias.

One option is to give Sean Payton the combined GM/HC, if he will take it, and complete freedom with ALL player and coach personnel. This gives enough time to evaluate current player/coaches and prepare for next year's draft.

It would be nice to see a new HC/GM  get some millions instead of wasting them on some undeserving O-linemen.

3 minutes ago, ruf said:

i had your feelings last week i've been a fan since about 13 or 14  years old and that was around 1968. i remember that one year we won 1 game by 1 point. really some long ruff years. i let it all out last week and just was not suprised about this week even though didn't think it would be that bad on one side of the ball

Yeah that was our 1991 1-15 season with Jeff George. We beat the Jets by 1 point to avoid going 0-16. I can accept bad seasons and losses but when expectations are high and we play bad, that is tough to take.

Great post, I have been a fan since 1984 and many single game tickets and promo packages. I became a season ticket holder in 1997 over that time.  I have seen a lot of bad seasons  and like most of you the decades of experience has given us a tempered attitude. Of course we have seen a lot of bad coaching and for that matter teams that were very low on talent. It just seems the last few years have been the most tense because everyone sees the problem and it’s been the same for a while but nothing is really done about it. Fixing the offensive line, The office of mine was better two years ago but there has been a steep decline. Today’s game was just the poster child of bad decisions and lack of foresight. Jim knows it, Frank knows it and Ballard has to know it if he looks down to see his results. I truly don’t think that any decent quarterback could be effective behind this abysmal line. So all the talk of getting a new quarterback all falls pretty flat if they cannot fix even basic problems and blocking schemes. The fact that Matt Pryor is still a starter shock to me because he has failed at every position they put him in and they keep doing it we can after a week this is just one very small reason for why I think that we are in a downward fall and it could be a long rebuild

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that was our 1991 1-15 season with Jeff George. We beat the Jets by 1 point to avoid going 0-16. I can accept bad seasons and losses but when expectations are high and we play bad, that is tough to take.

yes it sure is and feeling your pain

54 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Would be nice for those overpaid weenies to give us life-long season ticket holders a refund for watching this scam of a team!

You willing to pay more after you bought your tickets if you bought them expecting them to be bad and they have a surprising season like in 1995, 1999 or 2012?

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

First game I ever attended. The dream was born...:lol:

Bert Jones to Roger Carr is the first dangerous combo I can recall as a fan. I remember getting my “Pro Football Digest” with Randy McMillan and Curtis Dickey on the cover, our Thunder and Lightning duo that never materialized. I’ve passed my love of the Colts on to my children—and I can’t apologize enough this season. 

3 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Bert Jones to Roger Carr is the first dangerous combo I can recall as a fan. I remember getting my “Pro Football Digest” with Randy McMillan and Curtis Dickey on the cover, our Thunder and Lightning duo that never materialized. I’ve passed my love of the Colts on to my children—and I can’t apologize enough this season. 

Been a fan since 77. First game was colts vs browns, Jones vs Sipe at old memorial stadium.  I to have passed my love for the colts to my boys, hence the oldest named Peyton. I also feel apologetic, lol. I have seen the rough years for sure but this year is totally different. We were supposedly going to be possible contenders, instead the furthest thing from it. Those historical bad teams were sadly expected, not this one!

10 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I miss the Rosenbloom years, 1958 to 1971. 

And yet the Jim Irsay version is one of the better teams during his ownership. 

The vision this year failed. In hindsight when Andrew left the team should have started the process of finding their franchise QB. You cannot win without one in this era.

In 1997 we were coming off 2 consecutive playoff seasons when Bill Tobin got the bright idea to fire Marchibroda and hire Infante. That disastrous season brought us Peyton Manning. Then in 2011 Polian thought Curtis Painter was an nfl qb that season brought us Andrew Luck. This season has some eerily similar vibes compared to those 2, unfortunately, there is no Manning or Luck available in next years draft. It wouldn't matter anyways, we have got to get the offensive line playing better. I think Ehlinger deserves to start the rest of the season. Reich blew the Washington game in the fourth qtr, then Pittman put the exclamation point on it with his drop. Ehlinger didn't play that bad yesterday, he got overrun too often, he again made some nice throws. He is also light years ahead of Malik Willis for those of you who did not see last nights game(5 for 16 and 80 yards).

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

In 1997 we were coming off 2 consecutive playoff seasons when Bill Tobin got the bright idea to fire Marchibroda and hire Infante. That disastrous season brought us Peyton Manning. Then in 2011 Polian thought Curtis Painter was an nfl qb that season brought us Andrew Luck. This season has some eerily similar vibes compared to those 2, unfortunately, there is no Manning or Luck available in next years draft. It wouldn't matter anyways, we have got to get the offensive line playing better. I think Ehlinger deserves to start the rest of the season. Reich blew the Washington game in the fourth qtr, then Pittman put the exclamation point on it with his drop. Ehlinger didn't play that bad yesterday, he got overrun too often, he again made some nice throws. He is also light years ahead of Malik Willis for those of you who did not see last nights game(5 for 16 and 80 yards).

Willis simultaneously kept Tennessee in the game and ended it for them with his legs. Couple of throws he got lucky on, but otherwise it wasn't good at all.

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

And yet the Jim Irsay version is one of the better teams during his ownership. 

The vision this year failed. In hindsight when Andrew left the team should have started the process of finding their franchise QB. You cannot win without one in this era.

If you look at it historically , even the Rosenbloom era should have been better. They should have won the 1964 NFL Championship, and most certainly Super Bowl 3. They lost by a whisker off a bad call in 1965, failed to make the playoffs in 1967 at 11-1-2, and lost in the AFC Championship game in 1971. 
The Bob Irsay era 1972-1997 we all know was a disaster, but Jim was GM from 84-97, so you can’t completely divorce that. 
Certainly since he’s been owner 1997 to present, it’s been much more successful with one SB title , and two AFC Championships. 
So I agree, this version is a better version , but it also should have been a lot better with the caliber of QB’s like Manning and Luck. 
The old Rosenbloom Baltimore Colts had Unitas and Morrall , but the Irsay addition had Bert Jones, should have had Elway if Bob hadn’t hired Frank Kush, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck. Those were some pretty good quarterbacks. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I became a Colts fan in the late 60's . I met John Unitas because i got lost at a sports show in Nyc. He spent a couple minutes talking to me in the office. I was in shock and a fan for life. I grew up in Nj and remembered having to pay my classmates after super bowl 3. Quarter here and there.  To this day i detest the Jets.

Archived