Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game#9: Colts @ Patriots, November 6, ,2022, 1PM ET

NFLfan

Chris Ballard is so freaking overrated at roster building.

Good talent evaluator but there’s more to being a GM.

Reich should have been gone for some time now. 

Now it doesn’t really matter. Just get a top 5 pick and do a complete overhaul after the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Difference in this one is the turnover and the Patriots running the ball on some of their drives.  For the second half if the defense keeps their run game in check the score will remain low.

So we are still in this game.  But special teams is killing us here.  Game like this teams needs to be on point.

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Nah I’m going to believe the hype. This team looks like KC. 

Believing the hype that Frank is a Super Bowl Winning coach is like believing that Jim Sorgi is a Super Bowl winning QB.  Both are technically true but they weren’t doing the heavy lifting like Peyton or Doug Pederson who actually called the plays. 

Are people coming to the realization that if an OL consistently allows pressures and sacks at almost a record setting pace that any QB behind them will play a lot worse?? Crazy how that works. 

The only consolidation I have with MR's benching is that he would undoubtedly gotten a lot more hurt then he already has been if he stayed starting. We'd also have a higher draft pick next year too. Sorry SEC fans but it looks like Sam is another JAG that can become a decent backup.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On that last play, Sam had 2 guys wide open (1 in the middle and 1 on the right) and he just ran it. I am watching this game with a friend and he even said the guy is wide open over the middle. This stinks. Then we miss a kick. This is the worst I have seen us play since 2011 when we Painter and crew.

Sam is too short to see over the line 

1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

He is not seeing Ghosts. Those are real defensive players coming in as soon as he drops back to pass.

Yeah he's done some nice things.  Getting outside the pocket on that drive and getting rid of the ball instead of taking the sack was something we hadn't seen from our QB.  Not making risky throws.  Ehlinger is not the problem today but he is going to need to make more plays for us to win.

Frank is going to need to trust his QB in the second half.  Open it up Frank.  Mix in some naked boots on the critical downfield situations and let the kid play.  What do we have to lose at this point.

• Like 1