Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts seeking Rams-Lions deal for QB

runthepost

If Arizona really doesn't trust Kyler Murray and don't want to give him big long-term contract(seems like Murray has been begging for one through the media), maybe there is a possibility for us to pry him away from them in a similar trade? 

3d+2 future 1sts + Wentz for Murray? 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

If Arizona really doesn't trust Kyler Murray and don't want to give him big long-term contract(seems like Murray has been begging for one through the media), maybe there is a possibility for us to pry him away from them in a similar trade? 

So, pay a kings ransom to downgrade the QB? What's the logic in that?

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Oh brother. I wouldn't give a bag of chips for Murray.  It looks like Casserly was right when he said several Gms  said his interviews before the combine were horrible. Don't need a Prima  Donna.

48 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Wentz better than Murray?? April fools is a month away bro

Look at their play the lastc8 games of the season......pretty similar 

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who r they going to trade for? I still think Carson stays

It may be our best option. But, I don’t think Wentz is mentally strong enough to handle the pressure of playing for the Colts after all of this. 

His flaws are mostly mental. Imagine him looking over his shoulder 24/7

5 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

The way Ballard was gushing about Pinter today I’d throw in Kelly in a heartbeat if that could finish a deal. 

If a team like Seattle were to say trade Wilson, they want picks and  young players. Trading a,Wilson signals a  rebuild. U don't do that with players like  Kelly,  Nelson or Leonard. 

30 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts QB next year will be Carson...

Strong 

Totally agree.

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If a team like Seattle were to say trade Wilson, they want picks and  young players. Trading a,Wilson signals a  rebuild. U don't do that with players like  Kelly,  Nelson or Leonard. 

Totally agree.

I think they would gladly take Q on their OL 

Translation: trade partner has to like Carson for this to work.  Makes it tough because if you can't impress with a great run game and team around you like Indy has teams are going to question your value and look skeptically at that contract.

Plus we have the aforementioned alignment of things against the trade.  Like weak QB class.  Weak FA class.  Tons of teams looking for QB upgrades.  Head Coach who believes in the QB.  Trade value given up for the QB.  And so on.

I still expect Frank to put his job on the line for Carson and Irsay gives him this year to show he's the guy.  If Carson fails then Frank is probably going to be fired and a new regime brought in.  But going one more year is the smartest play here.

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

Translation: trade partner has to like Carson for this to work.  Makes it tough because if you can't impress with a great run game and team around you like Indy has teams are going to question your value and look skeptically at that contract.

Plus we have the aforementioned alignment of things against the trade.  Like weak QB class.  Weak FA class.  Tons of teams looking for QB upgrades.  Head Coach who believes in the QB.  Trade value given up for the QB.  And so on.

I still expect Frank to put his job on the line for Carson and Irsay gives him this year to show he's the guy.  If Carson fails then Frank is probably going to be fired and a new regime brought in.  But going one more year is the smartest play here.

Why does the team have to like Carson? The Lions didn't/don't like Goff. They like the fact that they got an extra first rounder for taking him off the Rams hands.

And it sounds like Reich is out on Wentz already. I don't get the impression that he's banging the table to give him one more year at all.

7 hours ago, TheMiz said:

So, pay a kings ransom to downgrade the QB? What's the logic in that?

Downgrade? Really? Often times I wonder do people actually watch other teams? Murray has been very good whenever he's been healthy. He's definitely much better than Wentz... 

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh brother. I wouldn't give a bag of chips for Murray.  It looks like Casserly was right when he said several Gms  said his interviews before the combine were horrible. Don't need a Prima  Donna.

Prima donna aspect is very much worth considering, but he's so clearly a major upgrade on the field. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Prima donna aspect is very much worth considering, but he's so clearly a major upgrade on the field. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. 

Murray is a great athlete but a poor QB with an attitude problem. With his style of play,he will constantly be dealing with injuries .

Anyone that is "out" on Murray doesn't really want to win lol...

Over-prioritizing attitude over skill... ring a bell? Anytime the guy has had a healthy stretch, he's been an MVP candidate.. Can't understand how you could be against adding that to our "all chips in" team.

20 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Anyone that is "out" on Murray doesn't really want to win lol...

Over-prioritizing attitude over skill... ring a bell? Anytime the guy has had a healthy stretch, he's been an MVP candidate.. Can't understand how you could be against adding that to our "all chips in" team.

I think people just don't watch many other teams... or have only seen his game against us and make sweeping conclusions based on that one game. Murray has been a top 10 QB in the league 2 years in a row and has been getting MVP buzz in both seasons before suffering some injuries and/or losing some of his playmakers.

I don't want to minimize the attitude/leadership concerns and I would understand people feeling apprehensive because of those because we were getting the same info about Wentz and ignored it. But unlike Wentz, Murray has actually been a very good QB in the league for the last 2 years. 

11 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

It may be our best option. But, I don’t think Wentz is mentally strong enough to handle the pressure of playing for the Colts after all of this. 

His flaws are mostly mental. Imagine him looking over his shoulder 24/7

We them maybe Murray would be a good option because when Wentz is looking over his shoulder, he won't be able to see him lol.

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So u think they would take a guard who is mostly likely going to want 20 million when u r building a new  roster? I don't. He has no value

Please, God!  

Just give me $1 for every time the Moose has made this post and you’d make me the world’s richest man!       :facepalm:

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Murray was injured and so was Hopkins. Look at the numbers before the injury

Just now, runthepost said:

Murray was injured and so was Hopkins. Look at the numbers before the injury

That may be true.   But his behavior since the end of the season has been pretty unprofessional.   Even so, his body and play style don’t strike as a guy Reich or Ballard would even want.   That running around, scrambling style,  doesn’t appeal to many teams.  

I know most people will hate this, but I’m wondering if Colts and Giants make a swap.. Colts bring in Daniel Jones and see if their QB coaches can “fix” him.

I’m not saying he’s an upgrade.

Could also see Browns moving on from Baker.

Sam Darnold? Goff lol? 

The Colts don’t have the draft comp to go get a huge name.

1 minute ago, TheNextGM said:

I know most people will hate this, but I’m wondering if Colts and Giants make a swap.. Colts bring in Daniel Jones and see if their QB coaches can “fix” him.

I’m not saying he’s an upgrade.

Could also see Browns moving on from Baker.

Sam Darnold? Goff lol? 

The Colts don’t have the draft comp to go get a huge name.

No to every QB listed here

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

If we dont include him then a team like Seattle wont have a QB and we are not sending a first this year.  they probably need to want Carson or they wont trade with us

My point is that wanting Carson and liking Carson are two different things.

Detroit wanted Goff because he came with an additional 1st round pick (1st+3rd for Stafford and another 1st for taking Goff's contract is generally how the trade was viewed). They almost certainly didn't particularly like him as a QB for their franchise.

I'm mostly agreeing with you but just pointing out that another team wouldn't necessarily have to buy into Carson as their guy for him to be included in a trade. Especially if that team is going to be entering a rebuild.

19 hours ago, runthepost said:

mind you this is the guy that broke the Gus Bradley hiring news

Ballard said in his presser that no player is untouchable.  That adds credence to this tweet for me.  The goal is not to add a “key contributor “ but they will if they can get the upgrade they are looking for.

And which end of the trade is Ballard on? I hope he doesn’t think Wentz is worth a couple first rounders. I’d imagine he’s on the other side, giving up multiple picks for a QB? Although that still doesn’t sound like a Ballard move. It’s interesting but we’ll see what happens. 

14 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

My point is that wanting Carson and liking Carson are two different things.

We could just cut Carson rather than trade away picks to make someone take him.  problem is the seahawks would be left with no QB

we dont need to bribe a team to take him as badly as the rams did with goff.  to me it seems like they would trade with someone else or keep russ if they dont want Carson 

Archived