Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders (8-7) @ Colts (9-6), Sunday, January 2nd, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

That snap was odd....can the whole OL be half a yard behind the center?  Asking honestly here.

There's a weird combination going on of things being a little off for both teams at times, but the refs are keying in on little ticky-tacky stuff for the Colts while letting it slide for the Raiders.

I have a bad feeling about how this game is going to end...

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

I can't see the Colts winning. Raiders want it more and the Colts are believing all their hype.

Definitely not seeing any enthusiasm from the players on offense. Punt coverage has been uninspired.  So yes, it does look like LV wants it more.

Just now, SR711 said:

Not good so far.  Clearly having injuries, COVID issues has affected the offensive execution.

Did not like the long completion on 3rd and long there...need to get off the field there.

I lean to the side of they are just playing like *.  It's happened with this team before, more than once....it doesn't take covid or injuries for them to just completely drop it.

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

I lean to the side of they are just playing like *.  It's happened with this team before, more than once....it doesn't take covid or injuries for them to just completely drop it.

Yeah, I think we were bound to have a game like this at some point.

1 minute ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Not nearly as much as we need WRs....the Cbs this year have been better statistically than we've had in several years.....

But then is it really WRs? I’ve been advocating for at least one more offensive weapon, but it looks more and more like Wentz just has tunnelvision and don’t see half the field and can’t hit his targets. 

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It’s interesting because Wentz was the only one keeping us in games early in the season until JT really got going. Now it’s like he’s trying to keep us out of games. 

That’s not true.  Wentz was dreadful on 3rd downs & the red zone in those games.  He contributed to us losing by holding onto the ball & taking killer sacks. He’s improved since then. Has been in a funk the last few weeks.  And the reason JT couldn’t get going because Wentz wasn’t extending drives. 

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Can you imagine the flack Jacoby would be getting for 8 yards passing in a half…?  We’ve gotta get it going on offense. 

Because we gave up a 1st and 3rd for Wentz people hate to critizise him even when he is not good at all. There will be people defending him tooth and nail after the game 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Just Relax Happy Sunday GIF by AnimatedText

Offense is out of sync from lack of practice, just need to make it to half time and let them make adjustments. Hopefully we can get another fg before half but I'm not worried.

They have been practising and playing all season. You don’t get ‘out of sync’ in week 17 due to lack of practice….

1 minute ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Whatever is, Hope they snap out of it soon because its going to take at least 24 points to win this one.

After the bad 1st drive, overall, defense has played reasonably well.

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

That’s not true.  Wentz was dreadful on 3rd downs & the red zone in those games.  He contributed to us losing by holding onto the ball & taking killer sacks. He’s improved since then. Has been in a funk the last few weeks.  And the reason JT couldn’t get going because Wentz wasn’t extending drives. 

Yeah you’re probably right. Just seemed to remember him actually keeping us in some of those early losses while the oline was in shambles. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• My 2 cents, 4 counting inflation, on the O-Line...    While I agree with @CR91 regarding injury issues, I also agree with @NewColtsFan that the line is above average. Talk about straddling the fence, lol!  They both make valid points though.   LT: Raimann got a late start in college football due to mandatory military service in Austria. He played his first two seasons as a Tight End before being converted into a Tackle. So he was late in the game at LT coming out of college, 25 at the start of his rookie season. That could be either good or bad, meaning he has room to grow or he may be at his ceiling. I am of the belief he has room to ascend and will.   LG: Q isn't the player that the Colts drafted due to injuries, though he seemed to turn the corner last year. I am of the belief that he will continue to ascend to near All Pro status, though it is tempered.   C; Kelly bounced back last year from injuries, family issues, and concussions(yes, they could be considered injuries). I am of the belief that he will be one of the better Centers in the game this year, though Bortolini may be waiting in the wings.   RG: Fries is considered the "weak link" but played reasonably well last year. Another ascending year is very possible and most likely will price him out of the Colts plans in 2025, especially with Concalves and Bortolini as possible replacements.   RT: Smith showed a warriors heart playing injured last year and hopefully his offseason surgery corrected the issue. He has a 19+ million dollar cap hit next year, so there is extra incentive for him to perform to it and hopefully an extension.   Bench: Concalves and Bortolini come in with solid press clippings, and the ability to play more than one position, but have to show it at the pro level, I believe they will. Freeland was shown the baptism by fire treatment and had mixed results. Let's hope he learned from his mistakes and worked on his strength, as the Swing Tackle spot is up for grabs. I don't rule out a veteran FA to take that spot though, plus Witt is a relative unknown quantity due to missing his rookie campaign.    In conclusion, I could see a very good and deep Offensive Line, though injury and experience concerns are definitely something to be aware of. 
    • Thanks for the write up   I’m surprised that we didn’t grab a FS after Scott went down   With Scott, I felt the group was lacking…..  now it’s a real problem (IMHO)   Im glad you also added LB as a concern   I hope we add to this group in camp via trade or FA pickup after cuts.    We can get by with this core, but we need some added talent   im less concerned with CB, Especially if we get them aircover with an excellent FS   Thanks again for the write up          
    • What part of Ohio?   I was born in Circleville and spent time in Columbus then Cincinnati 
    • Fun fact: The Rocky character was based on Chuck Wepner.   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2095019/  
    • I will take a scene from Rocky 3. 80's and 90's were the best. After Homer gets destroyed by Tatum like Rocky did against Clubber, I walk in and tell Homer, you can't go out like that, we can win the title together like Apollo did. Homer would be like, I don't need this anymore, why you here? I would tell him, you can't pull it off without me because I am the best, you need better training. I am bored but great memories    .   Regarding the Rocky movies, fighters compared to real life fighters by Rolling Stone:   Apollo Creed = Ali Rocky = Rocky Marciano  Clubber = Mike Tyson Drago = Vitali klitchko
  • Members

• SurfinKal

SurfinKal 264

• DZS13

DZS13 13

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 120

• Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 4,299

• KB

KB 1,152

• NewColtsFan