Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard, Pascal and Willis all ruled OUT

Jeff Monday

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

tough selfish guy.  I got vaccinated to attend my daughters wedding in Maui.   These punks won't get vaccinated to help their team that is paying them millions of dollars.

Lol doing something for your family versus your job is two separate situations. I will do anything and everything for my family. I can't say the same for my job. Jobs are replaceable family is not. 

Your beliefs are not the same as everyone else's. The vaccination doesn't stop you from spreading if you test positive so why are the rules even different from vaccinated and un-vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

Lol doing something for your family versus your job is two separate situations. I will do anything and everything for my family. I can't say the same for my job. Jobs are replaceable family is not. 

Your beliefs are not the same as everyone else's. The vaccination doesn't stop you from spreading if you test positive so why are the rules even different from vaccinated and un-vaccinated.

If you sign a 100 million dollar contract, and thousands of people pay to see you on the field, then you should do anything for your job too. Or don't sign that contract.

5 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

The NFL in 2021.. get the vax so you can be safe this year. If you don't your life will be miserable this year 

A few months later. The vax we forced you to get doesn't seem to be working how we threaten so we're gonna change the rules for those who did what we said to do. Now you can play and shake and hug all full of Covid but we don't care. Gotta get these games done. 

But if you unvaccinated, you're still living before we changed the rules..

6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The NFL in 2021.. get the vax so you can be safe this year. If you don't your life will be miserable this year 

A few months later. The vax we forced you to get doesn't seem to be working how we threaten so we're gonna change the rules for those who did what we said to do. Now you can play and shake and hug all full of Covid but we don't care. Gotta get these games done. 

Couldnt have said it better.

They would have still missed this game if they were vaccinated even if asymptomatic but not next game purely because of the rules that have no correlation to effectiveness of vaccine on this variant. It’s about control and narrative, at this point and we are all pawns pitted against each other in this process.

People that have a choice and have made the choice will have to face the consequences. Colts just have been lucky till this point and the dominoes are falling now.

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

i mean i agree with you that if you are not sick you should be allowed to play .  the problem i have is these guys knew the rules and still chose to not get the shot knowing they would miss two games

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about tonight as long as we don't lose more before the game. Not saying the odds aren't against us, but the defense still looks healthy enough to hang in there. The bigger concern is the offense, we might have a hard time moving the ball with the o-line we are about to roll out. The hole needs to be there first in order for Taylor to make two guys miss. :/

Amazed at the different attitudes between this Colts sub and the Colts Reddit sub.  In general, Reddit blames the players and prefers to address them as *.  This thread in general blames the NFL and an unrealistic policy.  The sky is falling on Reddit and everyone’s life is over.  This thread is looking to next man up and remains hopeful.  I like this thread. 

3 minutes ago, James said:

Dumbest team in the NFL.  And incredible amount of selfish players on the colts team. Culture is that of a Facebook conspiracy page. Darius Leonard’s wife still think the devil made the vaccine?

Talk about incredible selfish people. How about the players health and concern for them and their families health? Instead of all these hot takes about a game or season as far as that goes. It's Christmas and people on here talking that.

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i mean i agree with you that if you are not sick you should be allowed to play .  the problem i have is these guys knew the rules and still chose to not get the shot knowing they would miss two games

I don't blame the players for not taking the COVID shot. I blame the NFL rules concerning it. Part of me thinks that these rules were made to pressure players to get the shot.

9 minutes ago, James said:

Dumbest team in the NFL.  And incredible amount of selfish players on the colts team. Culture is that of a Facebook conspiracy page. Darius Leonard’s wife still think the devil made the vaccine?

The devil and Bill Gates.  It was a collaborative effort.

Man, there are some really “not smart” people in this world. 

4 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about tonight as long as we don't lose more before the game. Not saying the odds aren't against us, but the defense still looks healthy enough to hang in there. The bigger concern is the offense, we might have a hard time moving the ball with the o-line we are about to roll out. The hole needs to be there first in order for Taylor to make two guys miss. :/

I put this in another thread

I won’t lie this could be every bit as ugly as many are fearing right now but the Colts still have their mvp running back with quality depth on the middle of the line.  They also still have Wentz who tends not to play back-to-back bad games.  They also still have Buckner and Moore on defense.  The cardinals have still lost three of their last four including getting blown out by the Lions last week and are missing key players in their own right including maybe their best player in Hopkins.  All is not lost tonight.  

As for next week we shall see what happens.  There is a chance the gets some guys back who are vaccinated and out this week.  They could also get Kelly back who isn’t impacted by Covid at all.  There is also a chance Sandejo is back next week, again not impacted by Covid.  They could also lose more guys and if they do maybe the raiders game gets pushed back.  Also, the Raiders have their own issues.  Before winning last week they had lost five out of six and appeared to be in a free fall of sorts.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

“So many in the media rooting against us”? 

they are probably referring to broadcasters picking against us last week even while favored in the points spread

there  are some broadcasters out there that are clearly biased against this team though, like Bruschi and evans

4 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Amazed at the different attitudes between this Colts sub and the Colts Reddit sub.  In general, Reddit blames the players and prefers to address them as *.  This thread in general blames the NFL and an unrealistic policy.  The sky is falling on Reddit and everyone’s life is over.  This thread is looking to next man up and remains hopeful.  I like this thread. 

Yeah, Reddit’s demographics tend to be different. They’d like to bump up AMC and GameStop and Dogecoin on Robinhood investment portal type of crowd. I’m not gleaning wisdom from that crowd to be honest. :) 

23 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

You might be missing the point.  Sure, you can still spread the virus if you have been vaccinated (not as easily, though).  However, if the rules say you miss more time if you are unvaccinated, then that hurts the team.

And asking why the rules are different is pointless.  It's like saying there shouldn't be rules against a player smoking pot.  You or I might think it's a player's personal choice to smoke pot, but when the league rules on it are enforced, it can hurt a team if a player makes that choice.

10 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Pinter has looked solid. Reed was playing out of his mind earlier this year. Pryor wasn't doing so bad either, but I'm not sure how he will hold up at guard. 

I'm more worried about false starts, holds, etc than anything with them. At least Smith is going up against Jones

Leonard & Willis are big deals

5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

You mean two of the league-best players? Yup, they deserve every penny. Your irrational hatred of these two is completely unwarranted and honestly kind of tiresome. 

i can understand not wanting to pay a guard or will what we did.  i do think they have to be careful what they pay a LG, darius had us though we couldnt just let him walk 

2 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

You might be missing the point.  Sure, you can still spread the virus if you have been vaccinated (not as easily, though).  However, if the rules say you miss more time if you are unvaccinated, then that hurts the team.

And asking why the rules are different is pointless.  It's like saying there shouldn't be rules against a player smoking pot.  You or I might think it's a player's personal choice to smoke pot, but when the league rules on it are enforced, it can hurt a team if a player makes that choice.

I get it. You make your bed, you sleep in it.

It’s like some neighbors of mine that move into my subdivision knowing it has an HOA but whine about it once they get a letter for not keeping up their yard.

It is what it is. Have to roll with who we have and get behind them.

Archived