Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs, Panthers, 49ers and Saints Have All Inquired about Mack!

philba101

I hope he continues to ask for too much. As soon as as something happens to Taylor the offense and running game is going to go South if we have to give full time duties to Wilkins and Hines. We could get by pretty good with Mack and Hines.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I hope he continues to ask for too much. As soon as as something happens to Taylor the offense and running game is going to go South if we have to give full time duties to Wilkins and Hines. We could get by pretty good with Mack and Hines.

Wilkins and Hines could manage

25 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I am curious what Ballard is actually looking to get for Mack. The Fact that a trade has not happened yet makes me think there is either no real interest or Ballard is asking to much in return. Thoughts.

That's generally what it means when a trade hasn't occured yet yes.  Lol.

I beg to differ. If there is a match for a FS, Mack is a great trade piece. The Niners are decimated at RB. So are the Ravens, while the Panthers have had a setback with McCaffrey and need another guy. In the right situation, Mack is far more valuable than a late draft pick. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I beg to differ. If there is a match for a FS, Mack is a great trade piece. The Niners are decimated at RB. So are the Ravens, while the Panthers have had a setback with McCaffrey and need another guy. In the right situation, Mack is far more valuable than a late draft pick. 

Could be for a CB too.  We are focused on safety because of the injury but I think CB could be in play as well.

20 hours ago, Stephen said:

Wilkins and Hines could manage

Wilkins has shown flashes in LIMITED spurts and has also been dinged with some minor injuries from a couple of those appearances. Do you honestly want to see Hines become even MORE misused as the PRIMARY rb with an INCREASED number of runs up the gut? I'll pass on that.

The way that the injury bug has been decimating this team I can't imagine what it would look like if JT went down for some extended time. Don't trust Frank enough to orchestrate a dynamic passing game or to adapt in his loss. So for me Mack is a nice insurance policy as our former rb1 and is more valuable to a Colts team looking to make a run this season than a late round pick for next year that may or may not work out anyway. Plus I'm not trying to HELP any contending team get better.

Now if you can somehow pull off a trade for an UPPER tier fs or cb then all bets are off and I would reluctantly move Mack.

21 hours ago, krunk said:

Agreed. People talk about how TEN would be terrible if something happened  to Henry. 

Well, trade Mack and have Taylor get hurt…and a big difference will be there as well. 

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Agreed. People talk about how TEN would be terrible if something happened  to Henry. 

Well, trade Mack and have Taylor get hurt…and a big difference will be there as well. 

Agreed. The Colts aren’t getting much in return for Mack. It’s more valuable keeping him for the remainder of the season. 

CMC, CEH, Chubb, Hunt, Carson, Barkley, All 49ers RBs, Dalvin Cook, are just a list of few marquee RBs that have missed games and many more. Ballard knows he doesn’t need to unload Mack unless he gets a 5th or better since he knows this team can’t afford a JT injury if Mack is gone.

20 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

When is the trade deadline?

CB knows that teams can get Mack for free after the season is over.  And if he wants to get anything in return, he has to do it by the trade deadline.

Well, the 'return' would be a comp pick and I wonder what kind of comp he might bring if he leaves this offseason?

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

Well, the 'return' would be a comp pick and I wonder what kind of comp he might bring if he leaves this offseason?

probably no better than a 6th based on what hes making now. could be a 7th or nothing at all if he doesnt sign for enough $ elsewhere 

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

When is the trade deadline?

CB knows that teams can get Mack for free after the season is over.  And if he wants to get anything in return, he has to do it by the trade deadline.

Was there ever any doubt about anything you typed here?  Of course Ballard knows that.  Heck, the fans all know that ... If he wants anything in return for a player slated to be a FA at year end, he has to trade him by the trade deadline?  

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

I really like Mack, but I agree with this.  RB is an overvalued position on this board by leaps and bounds. 

Some dude from Cleveland had 160yds last night. 

699.jpg

bsainayhdyipfaue3ygc.jpg

We don’t even have to go very far back in our own history to see it. 

Hines and Taylor can handle the load. Find secondary depth because we actually need that. Not a third wheel RB just making us regret letting our starter stand on the sidelines and twiddle his thumbs. 

Archived