Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 score prediction

Thunderbolt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should honestly be the easiest game so far on the schedule. However, we have lots of injuries and it might not be as easy as people assume to win. Brissett has everything to gain and nothing to lose here. Conversely, the Colts and Reich have nothing to gain and everything to lose here if they go 0-4 by losing to Jacoby Brissett.

I think both teams will try really hard and it will be a close, low scoring game. I just don't see Brissett doing much against our defense, even if it isn't as advertised. The Dolphins defense will hold us in check as well though, especially the secondary led by Xavien Howard. It'll be a close Colts win IMO as they are desperate not only to save their season one month in, but not to get embarrassed by Jacoby Brissett in a major way.

Colts 20

Dolphins 17

9 hours ago, MPStack said:

I don’t worry about chunk plays coming from JB. Dude is averaging 4.3 yds per completion.  Yes, he should be easy to defend. Then again, maybe it will be a career game for JB. That would an awesome thread for the Forum. :facepalm:

JB throws 4.3 yds, so Flus will give their WR's a 10 yard cushion 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If 75% of people said JB is great in here I must be getting dementia lmao . I missed that one. Oh well, not worth even talking about it at this point. I just hope we win.

Great, nah!!! That would be sensationalist.

Good backup worthy of filling in for a few games to win a few, that is where most of the consensus lay. High floor, low ceiling guy because he won't turn the ball over easily.

You do have to wonder though that if they didn't feel Eason was ready, could have at least signed him to back Wentz up for a 1 year deal given his injury history lately. But then, they were thinking long term vs short term there, I guess and drafted SE too.

We just can't shoot ourselves in the foot vs the Dolphins because we know JB will at least keep them in the game but won't pull away from us either.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually I will be right here because the hate this guy got in here wasn't deserved, and it was about 75% of the forum. He was never going to be a franchise QB but yet many took a step further and just bashed the guy over and over saying he sucked. For one - he didn't suck, he was average and became below average towards the end of the season. Two - he was a great backup. Obviously I hope we win but if we lose to JB and he has a good game, the reactions in here will be so priceless. 

Two full seasons was a lot of Jacoby to watch.  If he was on the bench and only coming in for a game or two here and there i think the response would have been different.  I dont think hes done much in Miami 

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Hes not slow hes comparable to Andrew luck as a runner, actually timed faster 

Brissett 40 - 4.94

Luck 40 - 4.59

Wentz 40 - 4.77

Wentz had the best agility scores though. Brissett had the worst of every speed/agility scores by a good margin of the three

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Brissett 40 - 4.94

Luck 40 - 4.59

Wentz 40 - 4.77

Wentz had the best agility scores though. Brissett had the worst of every speed/agility scores by a good margin of the three

They were talking about Ryan Tannehill. I did see some different 40 times though i dont think Luck ran at the combine 

12 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Nope if he does well that really tells us how bad this defense is. Jacoby hasn’t been good.

It’s kind of funny dolphins got Fuller and no one to throw him the ball.

Fuller could have been a Colt if Ballard actually looked at signing free agent Wide Receivers; instead he prefers to draft 6/7th round projects.

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard has drafted 2 second round picks back to back. That isn’t fair.

You are correct. I was referring to this offseason in the reference to Fuller and Ballard. Pittman has to be good because Ballard has missed on a lot of good receivers in the draft over the last four years (A.J. Brown, DK Metcalf, Calvin Ridley, J. Jefferson, DJ Moore, C. Lamb) just to name a few. More importantly he has failed to acquire a good receiver via free agency or trade since he has been the GM. I would be less critical if he had signed some impactful players and they didn't work out. But to not sign one single receiver in 5 years is unacceptable.

6 minutes ago, philba101 said:

You are correct. I was referring to this offseason in the reference to Fuller and Ballard. Pittman has to be good because Ballard has missed on a lot of good receivers in the draft over the last four years (A.J. Brown, DK Metcalf, Calvin Ridley, J. Jefferson, DJ Moore, C. Lamb) just to name a few. More importantly he has failed to acquire a good receiver via free agency or trade since he has been the GM. I would be less critical if he had signed some impactful players and they didn't work out. But to not sign one single receiver in 5 years is unacceptable.

Once again to be fair, he tried with Funchess. 

I’d prefer him to go hard for a DB. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Once again to be fair, he tried with Funchess. 

I’d prefer him to go hard for a DB. 

I agree we could use DB help desperately. You have to admit signing Devin Funchess is not exactly an aggressive approach if that is all he has to show for 5 years of free agency.

6 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I agree we could use DB help desperately. You have to admit signing Devin Funchess is not exactly an aggressive approach if that is all he has to show for 5 years of free agency.

10M wasn’t exactly low balling Funchess. Lol

Can someone verify for me if you think this is true. George Bremer was talking about how the red zone offense when you have a new QB in a new system is always the last thing to come. Not using excuses but maybe that is part of the issues with the lack of practice time.

Seems to me if they fix the red zone issues these defensive lapses become less apparent. They are moving the ball just fine. 

I think this is going to be a tough game.

Brissett and the Dolphins put up 28 points against a good Raiders team and lost in overtime.  Brissett looked bad against the Bills but he is quickly improving.

Colts have to break the 17 point barrier.  Colts defense is really bad and 17 points on offense isn't going to get it done.

I think Colts pull this one out in a squeaker, 21-17.

6 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I think this is going to be a tough game.

Brissett and the Dolphins put up 28 points against a good Raiders team and lost in overtime.  Brissett looked bad against the Bills but he is quickly improving.

Colts have to break the 17 point barrier.  Colts defense is really bad and 17 points on offense isn't going to get it done.

I think Colts pull this one out in a squeaker, 21-17.

There was a pick six by the dolphins  in there I believe.  We are going to have to be very careful when we do pass.

If we could just have a breakout game on offense I think it could go a long way at getting some confidence going. I just worry that this offense will be so limited they will just keep sending pressure and take away the run game and we won’t be able to get anything done. Makes me nervous everyone is talking about how bad Jacoby is.

17 hours ago, chickenMan said:

If JB beats us, so be it. He’s a good dude, and I still like him. He even gave us a couple of awesome wins. Maybe we also deserve it after the way some of our fans treated him. Who knows.

I don’t want him to win but I root for him when it isn’t us.  And I won’t want him to get embarrassed in this one but that doesn’t seem possible right now anyway 

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I don’t want him to win but I root for him when it isn’t us.  And I won’t want him to get embarrassed in this one but that doesn’t seem possible right now anyway 

Yeah this team isn’t embarrassing anyone past a Division 2 college football team

3 hours ago, basketballsteve said:

I can't predict the score but I think a combination of a tough Miami defense and a fired up JB playing over his head will spell 0-4 doom for the Colts. I will happily be wrong but as I said last week it's another loss coming our way.

Where did you say it was another loss coming our way?

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Dude, you keep changing your definition... Define franchise for me. Define top 10 for me. What metrics. How long do they have to be top 10. How long do they have to be out of the top 10 before they aren't franchise anymore.... Are guys drafted high that a team commits to build around like Lawrence a franchise guy? He's absolutely considered a franchise guy, just like Luck was before he was even picked.

pick a metric... any metric. Total yards, Passer Rating, QBR, PFF, and go see how your franchise guys are doing. Teams want guys who can perform now. 

Rodgers is definitely a franchise guy, but he's only been top 10 QBR one of the past 3 years. Tannehill has been top 10 in QBR the past two seasons. He's top 3 PFF this year, only behind Brady IIRC. Carr has been consistently in the top 10 in most stats the last several years.

You seem to want to eye test all these guys to fit a narrative. Pick a definition, and live with it lol..

Bed time for me. CC in 5 hours.

Stats are a huge metric so you got me there but so is eye test, knowledge of the game (which is opinion I get it) but I look at a franchise QB as someone I want to build my team around. Ryan Tannehill = no for example - Tannehill is above average to good but in order for him to win a SB he will need a top 5 defense IMO, Carr = maybe, tough call. Rodgers = no brainer. It is too early to judge guys like Lawrence and Burrow but the funny thing is my gut told me that Andrew Luck would be a franchise QB from the beginning and that is just from watching the game for 40+ years. Did I expect Andrew to retire early, no so that surprised me but his injuries were just too much.

I have told you this before, if stats were the only metric than Drew Brees would be the goat and he isn't even top 5 of all-time, at least IMO. Top 10 yes.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stats are a huge metric so you got me there but so is eye test, knowledge of the game (which is opinion I get it) but I look at a franchise QB as someone I want to build my team around. Ryan Tannehill = no for example - Tannehill is above average to good but in order for him to win a SB he will need a top 5 defense IMO, Carr = maybe, tough call. Rodgers = no brainer. It is too early to judge guys like Lawrence and Burrow but the funny thing is my gut told me that Andrew Luck would be a franchise QB from the beginning and that is just from watching the game for 40+ years. Did I expect Andrew to retire early, no so that surprised me but his injuries were just too much.

I have told you this before, if stats were the only metric than Drew Brees would be the goat and he isn't even top 5 of all-time, at least IMO. Top 10 yes.

We're not talking about all time guys. We're talking about the general definition of a franchise QB today. I asked you for your definition. Still waiting lol.

To me, it's not all about stats, but there absolutely is a stats component. And you can't shrug off guys that are consistently in the top 10 in most stats, over multiple recent years. Tannehill and Carr both check those boxes. And you can't say "well he needs a top 5 D to win" as requirement either lol... You have to divorce the QB's play from defense.

Archived