Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Rams at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hard to really predict how any player will be because of circumstance. Playing next to Nelson if any player was near good he would be good playing next to him. 

None have seemed to be the caliber of Fisher though so it seems like we made the right call passing as of now, future may show otherwise and we dont know if Dayo will be better long term than what was available. Our brass felt Dayo added more value long term we shall see but as of now no LT from draft is playing LT which to me says volumes

22 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

No I’m gonna say having an Oline that has gotten your starting franchise QB injured in week 2 is a bigger issue than play calling.

Which is dismissing the coaching issues.  Look like I have I said over and over again, there is plenty of blame to go around right now.  The players, coaches, and front office all own some right now.  So it’s fair to talk about any of those issue right now.  So if you want to talk about the line issues fine do it.  You don’t need to tell others to stop talking about the coaching issues when it’s very real issue just because you think the line is a bigger issue.  That’s your opinion and that’s fine.  Share it, talk about it, heck start a thread about specifically that issue because it’s a real issue.  However, not everyone shares your opinion that it’s the biggest issue.  They feel something else is and they are perfectly fine pointing it out because guess what it’s a real issue too.  

12 minutes ago, IinD said:

Oh definitely. Just gotta be more creative if your Oline is broken at the moment.

I still like Frank, but I'm definitely starting to lean towards the side of him getting a dedicated play caller.

Like I said earlier in the thread I think Frank is a good head coach.  I don’t think he’s a good play caller though, especially in the redzone.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Which is dismissing the coaching issues.  Look like I have I said over and over again, there is plenty of blame to go around right now.  The players, coaches, and front office all own some right now.  So it’s fair to talk about any of those issue right now.  So if you want to talk about the line issues fine do it.  You don’t need to tell others to stop talking about the coaching issues when it’s very real issue just because you think the line is a bigger issue.  That’s your opinion and that’s fine.  Share it, talk about it, heck start a thread about specifically that issue because it’s a real issue.  However, not everyone shares your opinion that it’s the biggest issue.  They feel something else is and they are perfectly fine pointing out because guess what it’s a real issue too.  

It isn’t dismissing at all. In fact I’m very clearly acknowledging it as an issue. Just not as big of an issue as our Oline getting our starting franchise QB injured in week 2.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It does because from 2003-2010 for 8 seasons I could strut around saying/telling people we had the Michael Jordan of football haha . I knew we would win almost every week. 

Oh yeah, us fans took it for granted. Not really but you get it.

We've gotta get our new Peyton at some point again. You really are in the NFL abyss when you're QB situation is always influx.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yep... Bruce Arian, chud, pep, reich...am I missing anyone? 

And do you have confidence  if someone else is brought in to call/design plays it will be any better?

Honestly? Probably not. I don’t what it is… But we seem to go through this every season. I remember being so happy for Pep to be gone, and then Chud ended up being just as bad… 

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Oh yeah, us fans took it for granted. Not really but you get it.

We've gotta get our new Peyton at some point again. You really are in the NFL abyss when you're QB situation is always influx.

We had it with Luck but he retired, now we are a regular team like you said. I wish Luck would come back but that is a pipe dream.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Which is dismissing the coaching issues.  Look like I have I said over and over again, there is plenty of blame to go around right now.  The players, coaches, and front office all own some right now.  So it’s fair to talk about any of those issue right now.  So if you want to talk about the line issues fine do it.  You don’t need to tell others to stop talking about the coaching issues when it’s very real issue just because you think the line is a bigger issue.  That’s your opinion and that’s fine.  Share it, talk about it, heck start a thread about specifically that issue because it’s a real issue.  However, not everyone shares your opinion that it’s the biggest issue.  They feel something else is and they are perfectly fine pointing out because guess what it’s a real issue too.  

I think it's easier for some... I have a simple view....

Is anyone surprised or shocked that our OL, minus two starting OTs, and playing with a gimpy Q and Kelly is struggling? Nope. Can you blame them? Sure. But injury isn't a "decision", and typically there's not much you can do about it.

Is anyone surprised that the Rams, with the #1 D last year, the #1 interior DL, and the best defender in the league, can stop gut runs, or blow up a shovel pass over the the worst part of our OL. Nope.... Do we really expect our injured OL to dominate in goal line situations? Nope. 

Should we expect playing calling and decision making to take into the account the two things above. Yup. And if they don't, it's fair to be critical.... 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had it with Luck but he retired, now we are a regular team like you said. I wish Luck would come back but that is a pipe dream.

Almost had the back to back QB like Green Bay, but it wasn't meant to be.

Let's hope there's no Peyton curse where we don't have a good QB for the next 20 years . Lol

12 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. But one of those three runs up the guy should have yielded pay dirt. I’m more upset at that from our elite Oline.

How about the obvious fact they were gonna run?  I knew they were gonna run.  I was hoping for a bootleg or a quick cross.  I knew it wasn't coming though.   If I know they are running,  the defense does as well

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Let's hope there's no Peyton curse where we don't have a good QB for the next 20 years . Lol

I mean Peyton giving us those years was more of an exception based on the history of the colts. Could be a return to normal for us.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Well since we had Luck after Peyton I think it would technically be the Luck curse.  

With that said they had a good QB last year in Rivers.  They also have one in Wentz right now.  Their issue is keeping them healthy.  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

How about the obvious fact they were gonna run?  I knew they were gonna run.  I was hoping for a bootleg or a quick cross.  I knew it wasn't coming though.   If I know they are running,  the defense does as well

You must have a butterfly magic mirror then I'm told.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe you’re right. But again, the bigger issue for me is that we couldn’t get 2 or however many yards on those tries.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You mad bro?

Just now, EastStreet said:

I guess,  but,  when my 12 year old grandson says "this is Taylor up the middle"   and is said yep.

I understand they should have won one of those attempts,   but maybe take a shot to one of your tall targets at some point. 

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

For years this what fans said they wanted in a head coach when they would complain about Dungy being too conservative and taking those very points.  One thing remains unchanged when what you do doesn’t work fans say you should have done something else.  With that said I sided with Dungy then and now.  You take the points.

I think there is a time to gamble, but 3 trips to the end zone with zero points is unacceptable.  It’s just not good coaching.

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

it's a bang bang play.

the TE is supposed to streak parallel to the LOS

listen to Reich's presser.

Should have never been called. That's the primary point.

Bang bang does not mean its ok to throw blindly. 

The strength of our oline is the interior....so I've heard the past 4 years. 

Should we be running over our second and third string Ts because they can block the edges so well? 

Should we call a fade corner pattern because our WRs are so experienced at running to a spot or understanding where the DB is directing them?  Experienced working with Wentz? 

Luck didn't even know how to throw a fade, LOL.  Can Wentz?

Would it be better to test Jalen Ramsey there?

I see a lot of options off of the table already. 

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Has anyone noticed if they have been doing different things. I saw a tweet they were using him as a safety. Why all these changes. Maybe one Rhodes comes back Moore will go back to his normal position.

Kupp was taking him to the woodshed at CB

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Carson Wentz can be the guy, just need better play makers and play calling!

Just now, DiogoSales said:

TN is going to win

ten is the better team right now . its gonna be a ugly game with eason next week i just hope we can win a game before going 0-5

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

The good news. We still may keep that 1st rounder and are in the running for the 1st overall pick if Wentz is done lol.

its a weak draft class at QB

Should have seen this coming with Wentz. He might be the dumbest QB in the league, if not he's at least top 3. Can't get rid of the ball, walks into sacks and big hits and he's antsy in big moments.

I don't know how much blame Reich deserves. We're at least moving the ball consistenly until we get to the red zone. Then it goes to poo.

Defense made a couple big plays but on the whole got shredded. This team and roster is just so meh, really.

Archived