Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Rams at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reich cost them this game period. This team played their guts out and they deserve better. They got Wentz killed now he probably won’t even play next week. That revolving tackle door was stupid. Use Fisher on the critical drives. No he sticks Davenport in. I am out. Just dumb that Reich keeps costing this team.

Wentz is the right QB. He was fantastic.

Coaching staff owes Carson an apology. They allowed the guy to get harassed non stop until his body couldn't take it anymore. Rotating a healthy tackle in and out, no TE help, and no RB help. I feel bad for Carson. A pro of him coming here is he didn't have to do it all himself. Well, the coaches expected him to and he paid the price.

Line has to play better. Two games with 3+sacks 10+ QB hits. It's unacceptable going forward. Our defense lacks top end speed to compete. On the Kupp screen, you saw how soon Carrie broke out of his stance to take off down field. It was sad. Kupp literally took 1 step lol.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Reich cost them this game period. This team played their guts out and they deserve better. They got Wentz killed now he probably won’t even play next week. That revolving tackle door was stupid. Use Fisher on the critical drives. No he sticks Davenport in. I am out. Just dumb that Reich keeps costing this team.

Stop you have no clue if he will play next week or not let alone anyway of knowing that he probably won’t.  Let’s just see how it plays out.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Agreed. I feel for Wentz after that game. He had no chance. 

Just now, bWild said:

Gotta take the points when they’re there. Can’t keep leaving them on the field. It cost us last year, too. This Mickey Mouse nonsense doesn’t fly in the NFL.

For all the people who used to complain about Dungy being too conservative when he would “just take the points”, especially early in games, Frank is showing you why. 

- Colts miss Anthony Walker in the run defense.. Bobby has had back to back awful performances..

- Oline is pathetic most expensive line in the league and Q hasn’t even been paid. Granted they went against a solid Dline but the whole right side is questionable to say the least. Ryan Kelly has also been unbelievably underwhelming..

-Frank goes blank in the redzone constantly 

-DBs are just plain bad and kenny might have to revisit best slot corner in football after Kupp did whatever he wanted today

I really only have one thought because I think it all starts with this:

• This team must be able to run the ball at a high level. The offensive line isn't getting it done. The Colts don't have the other pieces to make up for this.

There are other things that could be said about play calling, situational football, and the defense but throughout the course of the game the thought that stayed in my mind is that this team isn't able to run the ball at the level that they must be able to in order to be successful.

Hope Wentz is back soon. He looked good today and exactly what the Colts need at QB.

Redzone play calling is elementary. I still don’t understand why we don’t target some of the other receivers in the redzone, especially closer to the goal line. It’s either Pascal or run.

Defense is not good and it’s the unit as a whole.

Pittman looks good.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Frank with another rough week calling plays inside the 5.

Wentz injury looked bad

O line outside of Nelson looked bad. 

No pass rush.

Cooper Kupp clearly used an invisibility potion of some kind.  

We should have won that game

I'd take another run down the middle, please. Yes, lets keep going for it. Who cares that everybody knows exactly what we are going to do. This is some atrocious playcalling in the key situations of the game. I don't want to say more because I'm * off and might say something I'll regret. 

QB took a beating but he balled out. He was slow getting the ball out quite a few times though but he didnt look like a worse QB than Stafford. Now if only the Colts can get him the promised O-line.

Frank Reich lost the Colts this game. It's one thing being aggressive and going for 4th down, it's another thing lining up a series of garbage calls in the red zone leading up to the 4th down call. Colts had no business losing this game, this one is 100% on Frank Reich. 

Frank lost the game in the first quarter.

The team has talent, but there are enough holes on the team by draft picks that aren't living up to expectations that are making too many mistakes and not bringing any value.

Wentz did okay again today. It didn't look like a horrible injury as he could still move around (knock on wood and I apologize if I'm wrong here), but we'll lose any/all games while he's out if our run game doesn't exist anymore.

The thing we lost the most is imposing our will in the run game. I haven't seen Nelson move around much in run schemes, which might have to do with his back injuries. If we can't dominate running, then this is a mediocre team with a decent defense and a faulty offense.

1. We got Frank'd.....
    • We left points on the board AGAIN...... Easily the difference in the game
    • Not only did we leave points, we called bad plays in those goal line situations. Horrible. 
    • Horrible play calling for Eason to start his drive... Why no high % easy stuff to get him comfortable.
  2. We got Flus'd
    • Except for a few nice series, and bad ball thrown by Stafford, we were soft as Charmin again
    • Willis again was exploited for a TD
    • Our run D continues to go backwards. It killed us late
  3. Wentz played a hell of a game. Blame Ballard for the injury. No excuse to have cheaped on OL depth when you know Fisher is a late contributor
  4. Pittman was a monster, especially from the slot. 100+ yards. 
  5. OL still stinks outside of Q
  6. Kenny Moore had another awful game. S play wasn't great either. The INT was more of a horrible overthrow than good DB play
  7. DE play still weak..... blaming Ballard here too
  8. Very very solid games by Pascal and Doyel. Why not more MAC snaps?
  9. Mack provided a spark. Nice to see him back.
  10. 0-2 first in a long time... First for Frank..... This loss was all on coaching.

Archived