Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Rams at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

4 minutes ago, jeepnkal said:

I feel for Wentz. We promised him a solid O'line and now he is probably out 4-6 weeks (best case scenario). 

You have no idea how bad he’s hurt.  Let’s just wait and see.  The best case would be he’s back next week.  Will he be?  I have no clue so I am not running around saying that like it’s fact.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich cost them this game period. This team played their guts out and they deserve better. They got Wentz killed now he probably won’t even play next week. That revolving tackle door was stupid. Use Fisher on the critical drives. No he sticks Davenport in. I am out. Just dumb that Reich keeps costing this team.

Wentz is the right QB. He was fantastic.

Still think we need to ignore the run? It's what killed us late and sealed the deal. 

At what point does Irsay step in and say “stop doing this, it’s putting our team in bad situations late in games” to Frank? 

I’m done with Reich. I’m “Pagano” done with Reich. 

Great guy. A guy who is an asset to the organization. Creates a better atmosphere. Successful coordinator. But he’s a questionable head coach at best. 

More points left on the field 1 decision for Frank going for fourth down and 1 where i have no clue where Wentz was throwing the ball and turned into interception d played well considering the firepower of Rams but 2 red zone drives for both teams Rams walk away with 10 and colts 0 is inexcusable that is 2 games where game was decided well before end of the game due to decisions and a really screwed up play that if i was making the decisions would have never happened and by the final score the 6 left on the field would have won this one and Frank needs to throw his analytics in the trash

Just now, Wentzszn said:

The first drive where was the pass plays on 1st and second downs. Instead he became predictable and waits until 4th down.

They knew EXACTLY what we will do on EVERY SINGLE DOWN on that 1 yard stand. And we did it... exactly what they expected. Disgusting! 

*For me with what we had I liked what I saw, compare week 1 to this! A no brainier we are getting better. 

*injury’s Happen, the season rolls on.

*everyone in our divisions might loose this week.

*frank pushed all his chips in when he started calling time outs ahead of the 2 minute warning. 

*watching Frank’s offence always feels disjointed, I don’t know if that’s for better or worse. 

Carson looked like he gonna miss a lot of times with that injury it looked really bad. Donald didn’t get off on Nelson every time he got off it was against glow and Davenport side. Mack didn’t look to have any burst . 
wentz looked good. Oline is horrible on the right side glow is bad we need to speed a 3rd on a guard and our first pick in draft should be LB or corner. Frank needs to stop calling all these trick plays when we don’t have any practice time it’s costing us games and points 

2 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I think it is clear that Reich blew this game early. Once again, he made absurd calls and bad decisions on when to take the points and when to go for it. He ran straight into their line how many times in the first quarter? This team is never going anywhere with Reich as the coach.

DD is going to have a field day with this tomorrow. lol

14 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I think it is clear that Reich blew this game early. Once again, he made absurd calls and bad decisions on when to take the points and when to go for it. He ran straight into their line how many times in the first quarter? This team is never going anywhere with Reich as the coach.

I wouldn't mind going for it if the play calls were better.     Mix the aggressiveness with bad (obvious) play calls,  it leads to turning the ball over and kills momentum 

2 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Yea like why not take the points , I don’t freaking understand it …… like haven’t he learned his lesson take the point to get a lead like seriously …. 

It sucks because it looks like we finally have some stars at most levels with Q, Buck, Leonard but we're seriously deficient at so many others.

The Oline is hurting, D looks completely lost some possessions, Frank's not the O genius we were lead to believe.

I'm bummed honestly. Looks like a lot of work to do, not a tweak here and there.

1. Offense Line is playing poorly. We had patchwork Tackles for most of this game and  Went was rushed hard.

2. Red Zone offense.  We are on 1 year line and could not score. Reich went for TD on first drive and Went gets sacked. We also had ball on 4 or 5 yard line and Wentz turns ball over - Those botched drives cost us at least 6 points.

3. We give up too many deep balls. Pass rush is not clicking and secondary is playing soft.

4. Running game has not dominated -  Taylor and Hines have not been dominant as of yet.

On positive note: Wentz has played well. Pascal has been clutch and Pittman just had his best game.

Just now, EastStreet said:

he's hurt now, but yes we do...  our run D is butter

I am very disappointed in the d-line other than Buckner on a couple of plays today they have just been destroyed up front in back to back weeks.  Everyone likes to harp on how much the Colts have put into the o-line they have put just as much into the d-line as well and it’s not performing.  Grover has been invisible since he got his extension.  Ben can’t get on the field.  Lewis shows flashes every three or four games and disappears.  Turey had one good game vs the Chiefs and has not shown anything since.  Kwitty I’ll give a pass because this was game two of his career but he’s been very quiet too.  They have also put Dayo at a great disadvantage basically saying we think he’s so good he’s worth waiting on him to get healthy vs taking a guy who could help now he’s going to have unrealistic expectations when he does play.

8 minutes ago, jeepnkal said:

This is the kind of game that can have players start to question the coaches and the front office. SMH, we are only 2 games into this season. 

Media and fans already had knives out last week. 

It always starts that way.

Hoping Frank gets the ship turned around and quick.

The Wentz injury… I mean what can you say?

Who said “less than 2 weeks?” You win the bragging rights so please identify with a link to the post and we’ll acknowledge accordingly. 

Pretty flat start to the Eason era. 

It was fun leading there for a minute. 

I mean what a series of events though. He looked good for the most part today. He needs to learn to just take the freaking sack and go down and stop lobbing it away in horror while getting hit. Other that that stuff he once again looked much closer to the good Carson than the broken Carson. 

But now he’s injured… And it looked pretty gnarly. Like I think Philly may be out a first round pick. Pure speculation, but it sure wasn’t pretty. 

If you were scripting football the way you do professional wrestling this one have been one hell of a piece of business you did today to convince folks to tune in again next week. 

1. Davenport looked just as bad on the right side as he did on the left

2. Fisher looked good considering how quick he got back from the Achilles injury

3. Wentz injury was inevitable with how our OL was playing (back to back 3 sack 10+ qb hits)

4. Defense had no answer to Cooper Kupp

5. Special teams played great 41 yard return, 1 punt inside the 20

6. Michael Pittman looked great

7. I was okay with us going for it early, but the play calling in the redzone has consistently been an issue for us

8. Please no more trick plays Frank

9. I'm torn because I had Cooper Kupp on my fantasy team

10. I never want to hear Jonathan Vilma call a game again.

6 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Yea like why not take the points , I don’t freaking understand it …… like haven’t he learned his lesson take the point to get a lead like seriously …. 

For years this what fans said they wanted in a head coach when they would complain about Dungy being too conservative and taking those very points.  One thing remains unchanged when what you do doesn’t work fans say you should have done something else.  With that said I sided with Dungy then and now.  You take the points.

Archived