Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Rams at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Boy I dunno why Irsay just didn’t get his coach from all the great talent we have on this forum. You guys have certainly played your madden. Or maybe some

of you were Sectional runner-ups?

Sectional champs, 2A, and even we used motion and and used the whole field, especially inside the 5 where things get really tight. Even we used play action, RPO, and quick slants.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Sectional champs, 2A, and even we used motion and and used the whole field, especially inside the 5 where things get really tight. Even we used play action, RPO, and quick slants.

Well if it works against high school players it SURELY would work against pros who are monster sized humans.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

For years this what fans said they wanted in a head coach when they would complain about Dungy being too conservative and taking those very points.  One thing remains unchanged when what you do doesn’t work fans say you should have done something else.  With that said I sided with Dungy then and now.  You take the points.

Agreed. Well put.

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Boy I dunno why Irsay just didn’t get his coach from all the great talent we have on this forum. You guys have certainly played your madden. Or maybe some

You don’t have to be a great coach to recognize a problem.  I do think anyone here honestly feels they should be the coach.  They are frustrated with seeing their team struggle.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Well if it works against high school players it SURELY would work against pros who are monster sized humans.

Well yea, I mean did you see them Rams offense today? Do you watch other NFL games? Instead we should just run at Aaron Donald every time? How did that play out?

Just now, Thebrashandthebold said:

Good head coaches make better decisions on when to take the points. That has nothing to do with play calling. Reich is a very poor head coach.

The first part is true.  Very poor coaches don’t make the playoffs something Frank has done twice.  Like I said I think he’s good but he hurts himself with his play calling and being too aggressive.  He’s not elite or special though.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

You don’t have to be a great coach to recognize a problem.  I do think anyone here honestly feels they should be the coach.  They are frustrated with seeing their team struggle.

But they also are ignoring the fact we have an O line that is not executing, an offense that hasn’t played more than a week or two in a row, a secondary that is absolute trash.

Not saying the coaches are absolved but the mistakes I’m seeing by and large are execution issues.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well yea, I mean did you see them Rams offense today? Do you watch other NFL games? Instead we should just run at Aaron Donald every time? How did that play out?

Right. I’m sure they told the RBs, run right at the best player. Couldn’t have possibly been our O line couldn’t stop that very good player.

13 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the people pumping up eason are gonna get their wish he can't scramble at all and holds the ball super long .  its gonna be a slaughter fest .

He did have some good throws. But Frank tossed him out there, and should have given him some high % stuff.

Not saying he's great, but he was set up to fail late.

Tough situation for any kid making his first debut.

10 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Sarcasm is great. But doesn't take a Bill Belichick level genius to know what bad looks like.

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Dd is a hack.    

Yes, he's awful. He's not always wrong though

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If he didn't need to be alternated,  I'm sure he would have kept him in.   He could have been gassed.  Who knows

Just like Frank's alternating RBs most games.... Frank doesn't often adjust due to feel of the game.

Didn't look gassed on the screen. They showed him several times. 

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good head coaches are hard to find.  I also think Frank is a good head coach.  He’s just not a good play caller.

I love him as a person. I hope he's smart enough to know when it's time to modify his approach (give up play calling and be more of a CEO).

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Bobby O is AWFUL

Bobby O is useless

Bobby O is a waste of space

Bobby O never makes plays

Bobby O was a horrible pick

Reich’s redzone offense is soooo putrid. 

Wentz was lucky to make it that far in this  game

Not a good game by Oke, but I thought he was a little better than last week.... lol

2 minutes ago, jeepnkal said:

I do too because I really like Frank, but man, he is making it tough to defend him. 

I wish he would give up play calling.

I love him in every other area.

He's a hard guy to dislike, but I'm starting to just get irritated at him more and more.

But they also are ignoring the fact we have an O line that is not executing, an offense that hasn’t played more than a week or two in a row, a secondary that is absolute trash.

Not saying the coaches are absolved but the mistakes I’m seeing by and large are execution issues.

That aren’t ignoring it.  People have been venting about it going into two weeks in a row now.  Like most things in the NFL its not just one problem.  Frank made a poor decision to go for it and the lines on both sides of the ball are not playing well and the secondary is awful.  Like I said early in this thread when the defense plays scared to get beat deep they sieve when they attack they are pretty good as we saw in the middle of the third quarter.  

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Taylor looks like he did last season early. Looks like he was put in the dog house when they brought Mack in.

I heard a podcast and they were really concerned at stopping Hines. Looks like they did.

I think they brought in Mack because he is the best pass blocker.

Right. I’m sure they told the RBs, run right at the best player. Couldn’t have possibly been our O line couldn’t stop that very good player.

Ok, so why keep running it, on the goal line, where it hadn’t worked even 1 time? Sounds like you’re just trying to be contrary. Of course execution was an issue, I don’t know anybody who draws up a play hoping to get stuffed. It’s still mind numbing play calling.

We went head to head yards wise with one of top NFC clubs despite having out solid RT out, out LT  playing with no real practices off a major injury and out starting Corner out......I agree Frank made some bad calls down near the goal line but this club showed today it can play with the big boys. Yeah Wentz ankle got rolled awkwardly but it sure doesnt look long term at all, he almost went back in as it was.   Jags lost by double digits, Texans by double digits and Titans will likely lose by double digits ...club doesnt need to go 15-2, 9-8 likely wins this division maybe 8-9....Pittman answered my call from last week, today he looked like a WR 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

That aren’t ignoring it.  People have been venting about it going into two weeks in a row now.  Like most things in the NFL its not just one problem.  Frank made a poor decision to go for it and the lines on both sides of the ball are not playing well and the secondary is awful.  Like I said early in this thread when the defense plays scared to get beat deep they sieve when they attack they are pretty good as we saw in the middle of the third quarter.  

When people say Frank’s play calling is costing us the game, kind of seems like they’re ignoring the other items. It’s contributing to it for sure, I’m not arguing that. But it’s hardly the biggest issue.

It’s almost like if you’re going to bring in an injury prone QB you should build an offensive line that can protect him and secure a good backup just in case. Gotta pay your own so give Hines top-10 RB money and then scheme him for two touches today. Ballard is 32-34. Love the locker room culture though. 

When people say Frank’s play calling is costing us the game, kind of seems like they’re ignoring the other items. It’s contributing to it for sure, I’m not arguing that. But it’s hardly the biggest issue.

Well that’s where we get off track. I think his redzone play calling is absolutely costing games. I’m saying the play calls, not even talking about going for it or kicking a FG, or execution.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Ok, so why keep running it, on the goal line, where it hadn’t worked even 1 time? Sounds like you’re just trying to be contrary. Of course execution was an issue, I don’t know anybody who draws up a play hoping to get stuffed. It’s still mind numbing play calling.

You literally said they’re drawing up run plays to run at Donald every game. I said likely they had other ideas but poor execution is what we say or that Donald is really really good.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

For years this what fans said they wanted in a head coach when they would complain about Dungy being too conservative and taking those very points.  One thing remains unchanged when what you do doesn’t work fans say you should have done something else.  With that said I sided with Dungy then and now.  You take the points.

I think this is spot on. I don't disagree with anything you said.

I would add that there is a major difference between the Colts when Dungy coached with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, etc and the Colts now. While I lean on the side of taking the points I can understand others wanting to go for it when they had Manning, Harrison, Wayne, etc. I think the current Colts offense calls for a more conservative approach on 4th down. 

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

They lost by 3.  Frank takes the field goal on the first position it’s a tied game even with all the other issues.  That’s why they are saying that.

1. Frank over thinks in the red zone 

2. Besides Moore, ( who was exposed today) all of the dbs are average to below average

3. What happened to lining Hines in the slot and having Taylor in the backfill?

4. Bobby O is terrible 

5. Easton first 2 career throws both go towards Ramsey

Archived