Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Rams at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Yep.  I made a joke.  Once.  And I stopped.  You made it four more times (five now).  Its getting kind of weird.

I have, throughout this thread, stated that I think there are issues with Reich.  You seem to have an unnatural anger directed at him.  Almost to the point that Reich should probably take out a protective order.

My chief complaint is that we just lost our starting franchise QB because of the play of our line for two weeks now.  I've said there are other issues to be upset about, just that I think the biggest issue isn't our playcalling, but that our line got our starting franchise QB injured in week 2.

I'm sorry you disagree but you have to allow people with different opinions to voice them without all these weird Clueless references (again, its just not that funny after 5 times).

Like I said much earlier... , agree to to disagree. 

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rewatching again.

There was NOTHING wrong with the goal line play calling.  JT got 10 yards on 3rd and 1 to get us there. 

He almost got it in each time we ran it.  We ran it left, over our best player.  Couldn't tell if Fisher was in too.

Maybe people are lashing out at Frank because Nelson couldn't get it done three straight plays. 

But we should have.  Nothing wrong with the play calls.   

Should have called it again on 4th down.

The shovel pass was on Wentz.  We were not that close to the goal line.  Nothing wrong with the play call.  In fact it was a good play call.  The play was poorly executed/blown up right away.  Wentz had plenty of time to see that it was, and threw a half-hearted lobbing shovel pass that nearly hit the ground.

People are simply Parroting an anti-Frank narrative.  There is an anti-Colt-player narrative every year.  This year its Frank, apparently.

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

It's just amazing to me how much our Oline has regressed.  I'm not a big Reich fan, but with this so called #1 rated Oline and a RB like Taylor, 3 chances to gain 1 yard seems like apretty smart call.

Yeah fair post, if we have a top 3 O.Line and Johnny running the ball 3 times how do you not score from the 1??

Just now, DougDew said:

Rewatching again.

There was NOTHING wrong with the goal line play calling.  JT got 10 yards on 3rd and 1 to get us there. 

That's not goal line D...

Just now, DougDew said:

He almost got it in each time we ran it.  We ran it left, over our best player.  Couldn't tell if Fisher was in too.

4evild.jpg

Just now, DougDew said:

Maybe people are lashing out at Frank because Nelson couldn't get it done three straight plays. 

Just now, DougDew said:

But we should have.  Nothing wrong with the play calls.   

Should have called it again on 4th down.

The shovel pass was on Wentz.  We were not that close to the goal line.  Nothing wrong with the play call.  In fact it was a good play call.  The play was poorly executed/blown up right away.  Wentz had plenty of time to see that it was, and threw a half-hearted lobbing shovel pass that nearly hit the ground.

People are simply Parroting a anti-Frank narrative.  There is an anti-Colt-player narrative every year.  This year its Frank, apparently.

Sure. Let's just forget the Rams were the number #1 D last year, or Joseph Day is a top 5 run stopper, and especially let's forget Donald is there.

Great plays vs the Houstons and Jacksonville's of the league. Not the Rams.

Thanks for your eye test though

My thoughts

1.  Hard to win a game when two drives inside the opponents 5 yard line end up with a total of 0 points especially against a good opponent.

2.  The D continues to play poorly and the lack of consistent pass rush along with soft/off coverage makes it way too easy for good QBs to pick apart this defense.  Run D has regressed from last year as well. 

3.  Through 2 games, Wentz has played pretty well. Would like to see what he could do with a consistently clean pocket and/or some more dynamic speed threats downfield on some of the off-script, scramble plays.  I

4.  Despite 0-2, they can still make the playoffs, but that is more about the AFC South being bad this year than the talent level being outstanding on this team.  After 5 years of "building through the draft" and creating that "locker room culture", its frustrating to think that they are not any closer to the NFL elite than they were three years ago.  

3 minutes ago, SR711 said:

My thoughts

1.  Hard to win a game when two drives inside the opponents 5 yard line end up with a total of 0 points especially against a good opponent.

2.  The D continues to play poorly and the lack of consistent pass rush along with soft/off coverage makes it way too easy for good QBs to pick apart this defense.  Run D has regressed from last year as well. 

3.  Through 2 games, Wentz has played pretty well. Would like to see what he could do with a consistently clean pocket and/or some more dynamic speed threats downfield on some of the off-script, scramble plays.  I

4.  Despite 0-2, they can still make the playoffs, but that is more about the AFC South being bad this year than the talent level being outstanding on this team.  After 5 years of "building through the draft" and creating that "locker room culture", its frustrating to think that they are not any closer to the NFL elite than they were three years ago.  

Ballard keeps spinning his wheels. He fixers one  area then let’s another area get weakened. 

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's all good if KC wins I win 500 dollars in a 3 game parlay, I put up 100 to win 500, I had Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs. Cowboys winning was the crucial one because they were underdogs is why I get so much + needing 3 teams to win. Chiefs up 14-7. 

I already had a good week. In score predictions I revealed my 2 team Parlay Pat's & Bucs. Lost very little on the 5 teamer but came out well.

So Ballard is spinning his wheels???? What Colt gm hasn't done that over the past 48 years? The Colts were loaded in the 70's with Bert Jones and company. Tobin had a solid team in the 90's, where did that get us. Polian had the greatest qb to ever play the game for 14 years and wins one sb(I know that is still unbelievable as I type this now!) Grigson was almost useless but still made the playoffs with Andrew Luck(I've asked this before and I'll ask again'how good was Luck?)And now Ballard, sorry to say it folks it's just 48 years of history repeating itself again.

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

4evild.jpg

Sure. Let's just forget the Rams were the number #1 D last year, or Joseph Day is a top 5 run stopper, and especially let's forget Donald is there.

So in other words, having our Oline which I've seen ranked anywhere between # 1 to # 3, and our # 1 RB, it was a bad idea to gain 1 yard by running it 3 times in a row?  And after watching Wentz run for his life on just about every pass play tells me our Oline isn't all that.

6 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

So in other words, having our Oline which I've seen ranked anywhere between # 1 to # 3, and our # 1 RB, it was a bad idea to gain 1 yard by running it 3 times in a row?  And after watching Wentz run for his life on just about every pass play tells me our Oline isn't all that.

Our OL is bottom 10 right now. 

I don't even have an issue with once or twice if the play mix is good.

On the bright side, at least it wasn't Hines up the gut lol

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

Not sure if that might not have been a better call on 3rd down?

I've wondered why don't do an occasional hard edge run with HInes (or JT or Harris) with a TE or WR (like Pascal) chip.

Or just a simple sweep with some TE and WR blocking wide.

And I hate running an uber tight jumbo alignment every time.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Media making excuses for Reich is pretty funny.

Like who... 

There are a few that will never stop carrying water. Afraid of losing access. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've wondered why don't do an occasional hard edge run with HInes (or JT or Harris) with a TE or WR (like Pascal) chip.

Or just a simple sweep with some TE and WR blocking wide.

And I hate running an uber tight jumbo alignment every time.

Like who... 

There are a few that will never stop carrying water. Afraid of losing access. 

Go read holders Twitter. Lol. Everything is a excuse. Injuries players. He is basically saying fans are dumb for questioning Reich’s play calling.

I can’t insert this tweet  because Luke’s tweets are protected so I just copied it. He is kind of right here. This is a offensive league and you almost have to be able to score 30 pts to win.

To the people complaining about the Colts defense today, specifically at halftime when we only allowed 10 points… Are you paying attention to other games? SNF specifically, there’s a lot of garbage defense in this league. We’re average to above average right now.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I can’t insert this tweet  because Luke’s tweets are protected so I just copied it. He is kind of right here. This is a offensive league and you almost have to be able to score 30 pts to win.

To the people complaining about the Colts defense today, specifically at halftime when we only allowed 10 points… Are you paying attention to other games? SNF specifically, there’s a lot of garbage defense in this league. We’re average to above average right now.

The Rams had three drives in the first half one was a TD and one was a field goal.  The other was the INT the Colts didn’t capitalize on.  Most teams will take scoring in two thirds of their drives in a half.  There were so few positions because both teams had long drives.  The Rams finished theirs for points.  The Colts did not and that was the difference in the game.  

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Go read holders Twitter. Lol. Everything is a excuse. Injuries players. He is basically saying fans are dumb for questioning Reich’s play calling.

Holder probably got a scolding for speaking out last week. He's probably terrified of losing access lol.....

He was mostly critical about D last week, and historically has been Frank's fluffer.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

4evild.jpg

What does last year's D ranking (pass included?) have to do with getting 1 yard on (what should have been) 4 attempts behind the best G ever?

Thanks for bringing up pointless stats.....again.

If we can't get 1 yard on 4 tries, what's the point of keeping Nelson....such a low impact player.....around?

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What does last year's D ranking (pass included?) have to do with getting 1 yard on (what should have been) 4 attempts behind the best G ever?

Thanks for bringing up pointless stats.....again.

If we can't get 1 yard on 4 tries, what's the point of keeping Nelson....such a low impact player.....around?

Our OL is hurt and plain bad right now. They are not the group we had to start last year.

LAR's DL is arguably the best in the league, and healthy. they have one of the best run stop win rate guys on top of having Donald.

It's just not that hard.

If we were talking about a full healthy compliment of Fisher/Nelson/Ryan/Glow/Smith, I would agree. The only OL that fits the healthy description right now is Glow, our lowest graded guy. At this time, it's obvious to anyone watching, the OL can't protect Wentz (and he got hurt), and the OL can't get push for the run. And that's not some hidden secret that Reich doesn't know.

Well, after reading the prediction thread about this game, it felt like we were going to get run over like a diesel powered combine. 

3pts? With a back up LT? With a replacement LT coming off achillies surgery? With a center who is behind on lifting because of a hyperextended elbow? With a backup RT? With a QB getting road graded?

Man, I want a win as much as any of you, but for god sakes, have some perspective. 

2 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Too soon.  Too soon.

Just got off the phone. Had a good conversation with the dog and wanted to share.

He said he really loved Frank. He's a great guy. He said he just couldn't take the monotony anymore.

I'm not sure, but I think mostly he was unhappy with playing toss the stick. Said Frank threw it to the same spot in the back yard every single time. No diversity because he always knew where he had to run. He also mentioned the lack of emotional depth in his pup-talks. It was basically the same talk every week.

Archived