Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Rams at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Knew they would. They're very similar to the Colts honestly. We might not love hearing that but the two sides are mentally alike. They were punched in week 1, you knew they'd stand up in week 2. I expect them to lose nevertheless

Kudos to them, they closed where we couldn't We need to punch them in the mouth in Nashville next week. Frank had better put his big boy pants on and come with some A++ game calling.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We might end up with our first round pick back and it might be a high pick. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans won, Tannehill can be God again according to the media eventhough it was their D and Henry with 175 yards that actually won the game. Henry may be the best player in the league other than Mahomes.

After seeing the colts run defense the last two weeks he might have 200 next week.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Titans are going to run away with the division again. Say what you want their defense might be bad but they can score.

Run away with the division...again? When was the last time they " ran away with the division" 

Was it last year when we had identical records?

Titans are going to run away with the division again. Say what you want their defense might be bad but they can score.

Run away with the division...again? When was the last time they " ran away with the division" 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans won, Tannehill can be God again according to the media eventhough it was their D and Henry with 175 yards that actually won the game. Henry may be the best player in the league other than Mahomes.

How motivating for next week in Tennessee. 

Did people think Wentz played well? To his credit, we moved the ball a good amount, but he did his usual thing of trying way too hard to make the hero play and of scrambling like a chicken with his head cut off. 

Big picture, if he's ever going to be consistenly healthy, we'll probably always have this chicken and egg situation where we're arguing if the oline stinks now or if it's Wentz' fault because he isn't getting rid of the ball and is running into the arms of oncoming rushers.

Just now, MPStack said:

How motivating for next week in Tennessee. 

If Wentz is out we will get smoked lmao . I hate being negative but I can already see it. Henry might go for 150 or worse even. I really don't think Tannehill is good, he is above average like a Joe Flacco type but Joe won a SB by being good. Henry is flat out Emmitt Smith 2021.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

It's really stunning how bad they are. I know this isnt exactly the same line from a year ago, but it's mostly the same line. And they are bad. Cant run block. Cant pass block. Was Castanzo really that huge for the o line?

It’s not the same line. You had Fisher moving in and out. Davenport going from left to right tackle. Pryor coming in at right tackle. Until smith comes back and Fisher plays a full game it isn’t the same.

If Wentz is out we will get smoked lmao . I hate being negative but I can already see it. Henry might go for 150 or worse even. I really don't think Tannehill is good, he is above average like a Joe Flacco type but Joe won a SB by being good. Henry is flat out Emmitt Smith 2021.

If Wentz plays Henry might go for that much.

48 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I guess,  but,  when my 12 year old grandson says "this is Taylor up the middle"   and is said yep.

I understand they should have won one of those attempts,   but maybe take a shot to one of your tall targets at some point. 

Just talked to my buddy from Indy to listen to his vent. His daughter also predicted lol. 

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Bang bang does not mean its ok to throw blindly. 

The strength of our oline is the interior....so I've heard the past 4 years. 

Should we be running over our second and third string Ts because they can block the edges so well? 

Should we call a fade corner pattern because our WRs are so experienced at running to a spot or understanding where the DB is directing them?  Experienced working with Wentz? 

Luck didn't even know how to throw a fade, LOL.  Can Wentz?

Would it be better to test Jalen Ramsey there?

I see a lot of options off of the table already. 

The only strength we have currently on our OL right now is the LG. And we didn't run it over him..... 

I would have happily too a shotgun roll to a TE or RB. An edge run with a TE chip. I could go on.... Anything but the stuff my mom and children could predict.

Jalen only can play one side at a time. Donald plays 90% of his snaps between the B gaps. I'll take the odds away from those guys. 

Right now Colts giving the 4th overall pick to the Eagles.  A Wentz injury could be a blessing in disguise.  Take the lumps for a year and come back at it next year.  

Not serious yet.  Colts start 0-3 it starts becoming a real conversation

2 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Right now Colts giving the 4th overall pick to the Eagles.  A Wentz injury could be a blessing in disguise.  Take the lumps for a year and come back at it next year.  

Not serious yet.  Colts start 0-3 it starts becoming a real conversation

Maybe this will be how we get a tackle. 

Just now, MPStack said:

Lots of crickets this evening. 

My phone has been very loud lol. Always talk to mom and a few others on Sunday evenings from back home, but getting a ton of "venting" texts and calls this fine evening. Even the normal defenders are starting to chirp. I don't normally listen to the local radio or podcast stuff, but should be fun this week. Not thinking crickets there. 

The crickets can only take so much. Still a few.

TN beating Seattle be like 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118940f0492f4f970b5a

If we start 0-3 and Wentz is out for a month should we tank lmao . This will be a thread watch and see. I couldn't even tell you who the best QB is right now in college football but there is Andrew Luck there that I will say. Burrow lost today to the Bears and the Jags lose again with Lawrence. 

Hey, but don't forget, TN will be 0-2 as well.

Oh wait.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we start 0-3 and Wentz is out for a month should we tank lmao . This will be a thread watch and see. I couldn't even tell you who the best QB is right now in college football but there is Andrew Luck there that I will say. Burrow lost today to the Bears and the Jags lose again with Lawrence. 

Unquestionably. We have a decent and solid roster that lacks top level talent. Being horrendous for one season and being able to pick high would hugely benefit us and we're not bad enough to fall into a complete multi season tailspin. Would be short term pain for long term gain.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sitting here laughing and talking to family back in Indy. 

You big sad Cher? Lean over and kiss your photo of Reich. It'll be OK.

Oh man, an internet tough guy?  So original.  Shouldn't be surprised.  You've made the same joke four times now and it wasn't funny any of those times.

In all seriousness.  You can have your opinion, but at the end of the day I happen to disagree.  That's what these boards are for.  You don't need to get so bothered by other people having different opinions.  Its crucial to having a more tolerant society.

3 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

I think we should make the move to put Paris at Z. Love TY but I’m worried he doesn’t have the physical presence he used to or that Paris has now. Durability is an issue with both though.

If you don't have time to throw it, makes no difference who the receivers are.

Ive liked what ive seen from Wentz. I still think we can get this sorted out. Just need to get Fisher settled in on the left side permanently as well as getting Braden back. Let them gel together and hopefully that gets Carson time to throw. His decision making is pretty good. Also we need to go back to the time share that we are used to with our RB. You cant just leave Mack on the bench. I think we are making decent strides with moving the ball. Gotta finish the deal though.

Just now, ojsglove said:

If you don't have time to throw it, makes no difference who the receivers are.

I agree. Why I think we have to address the OL before we can realistically improve anywhere else.  What I would like to see is a few more plays with Hines getting the dump off.  At least forces the defense to not bring it all.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why I hated the Wentz trade. A possibility of him playing 75% and the Colts not making the playoffs.  IMO the FO, would not keep a healthy Wentz from playing in order to secure the 1st Rd pick regardless of record. I don’t think that would go well in the locker room. 

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Oh man, an internet tough guy?  So original.  Shouldn't be surprised.  You've made the same joke four times now and it wasn't funny any of those times.

In all seriousness.  You can have your opinion, but at the end of the day I happen to disagree.  That's what these boards are for.  You don't need to get so bothered by other people having different opinions.  Its crucial to having a more tolerant society.

Dude, you're that one that went personal. First the Al Bundy, then the "you mad"....

Don't be the internet victim guy...

I tried to agree to disagree (those words exact) and you kept coming back....

If I'm bothered, why do you get triggered so easily by Reich criticism? Most everyone is unhappy with Reich this season so far, but you're trying hard to excuse just about everything said. 

f5349fd2bc47636679c1a67f4f1098e3

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So Autry today had 2 sacks + a TFL + 2 QBHs... 

Made 5 plays....

Colts total of sacks/TFLs/QBHs today was 6.......

Greg Rousseau, the Bills 1st Rd pick at #30, with 5 tackles and 2 sacks today. I hope Paye is the real deal. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

This is why I hated the Wentz trade. A possibility of him playing 75% and the Colts not making the playoffs.  IMO the FO, would not keep a healthy Wentz from playing in order to secure the 1st Rd pick regardless of record. I don’t think that would go well in the locker room. 

I didn't like the Wentz trade either mainly because of his injury history. One reason why I loved Rivers coming here I figured he would play all 16 games and be good based on his career.

To my above post I meant to say there is no Andrew Luck coming out but I think people got it.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Greg Rousseau, the Bills 1st Rd pick at #30, with 5 tackles and 2 sacks today. I hope Paye is the real deal. 

I liked Rousseau too, but very happy we got Paye. I think he's the better long term guy. Needs to work on technique, but should be a handful in the future. He was a handful last week (and graded well), just didn't get home.

Very impressive by Rousseau though. Not sure about the Dolphin OL quality though.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Dude, you're that one that went personal. First the Al Bundy, then the "you mad"....

If I'm bothered, why do you get triggered so easily by Reich criticism? Most everyone is unhappy with Reich this season so far, but you're trying hard to excuse just about everything said. 

how does it feel girl GIF by Samm Henshaw

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yep.  I made a joke.  Once.  And I stopped.  You made it four more times (five now).  Its getting kind of weird.

I have, throughout this thread, stated that I think there are issues with Reich.  You seem to have an unnatural anger directed at him.  Almost to the point that Reich should probably take out a protective order.

My chief complaint is that we just lost our starting franchise QB because of the play of our line for two weeks now.  I've said there are other issues to be upset about, just that I think the biggest issue isn't our playcalling, but that our line got our starting franchise QB injured in week 2.

I'm sorry you disagree but you have to allow people with different opinions to voice them without all these weird Clueless references (again, its just not that funny after 5 times).

Archived