Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Fisher will make his debut tomorrow!

zibby43

Good Smith being out still isn’t good but the Colts prefer to do things behind the left side of the line so I hope this helps.  It also means they can help on the right side as Fisher in theory should be able to handle the left.  The one thing I worry about is chemistry.  However the only way to get that is to play them together.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

We should have a running game. Rams were getting blown off the ball last week.

I sure hope so

Chicago was #10ish in RBWR, but from what I read, it was mostly Daniels (RG) getting the most push. 

Watched parts, didn't really notice a lot. Montgomery looked good some. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fisher has barely practiced with at all, much less the first string.     So, I wouldn't be expecting too much.

Not trying to be a pessimist....    just a realist.

So youre expecting he will be Davenport?  He wont be that and thats enough for me and probably everyone else.

44 minutes ago, krunk said:

So youre expecting he will be Davenport?  He wont be that and thats enough for me and probably everyone else.

No, I'm NOT expecting him to be Davenport....     I expect him to be better.    But in his first game coming off an Achilles injury I'm not expecting him to be a lot better like he would be if he were not coming off surgery and he had a full camp.    I expect growing pains in his first game with the team. 

I think Fisher typically grades out in the low-80's.     I think Davenport is typically more like the low 60's.    I'd expect Fisher to be in the range of high 60's to low 70's.

Do you think i'm being unreasonable?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, I'm NOT expecting him to be Davenport....     I expect him to be better.    But in his first game coming off an Achilles injury I'm not expecting him to be a lot better like he would be if he were not coming off surgery and he had a full camp.    I expect growing pains in his first game with the team. 

I think Fisher typically grades out in the low-80's.     I think Davenport is typically more like the low 60's.    I'd expect Fisher to be in the range of high 60's to low 70's.

Do you think i'm being unreasonable?

Well I think in some areas he will be a good couple notches better than Davenport in terms of the missed assignments and bad technique.. And again im thinking we are going to be able to run the football in this one so we should have less opportunity to see his flaws.

Im thinking he will have a blip or two but i dont expect i will reach the point of thinking ill of him. Finally im also expecting Reich and Brady will do a better job of scheming and playcalling that aids him as well. I think we make a collective effort not to hang Fisher out to dry. For me i think game 1 was an aberration anyway. I think we are going to do a better job this time. We didnt just turn into a crap operation overnight. People were not talking highly of the Colts for no reason. This is a solid football team.

33 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Hoping they don’t put too much on his plate right away and that Nelson can occasionally help him. For the RT spot, I would hope Doyle and Cox are used to help chip to aid Davenport. 

Pryor may be a better option then Davenport to start at RT but agree we need whoever is there to get TE help.

8 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Fisher is on a pitch count, so the "He's better than Davenport" crowd, will be sad that for a good part of the game....."Fisher" or LT will literally BE Davenport.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

This totally won’t be a mess smh.

Well we better get some serious chunk plays and hopefully get a lead early then. 

Archived