Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Season Opener: Seahawks @ Colts, September 12, 2021, 1pm ET

NFLfan

Looks like a team that didn't really get to practice during camp, is missing guys, has key guys playing more or less hurt (Q and Kelly). Frank is over thinking it. 

They'll get better than this, but the first 5 weeks, they need a couple of wins or it doesn't matter if they turn this around or not, because they not winning a playoff game with this kind of effort against good teams. 

• Like 1

Just now, Coltsfan98 said:

He's not 100% from that foot surgery. Probably don't want him running much but he's taking a beating in the pocket so they should be rolling him out more.

I think this is fair.

Im more worried about our D. That was supposed to be our strength. To be fair they’ve played much better this half but that’s after allowing 21 in the first.

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You mean you could see it with a camera 50 feet up and covering a third of the field?!?! Someone get this man a jersey!

I am watching the game. Hines was wide open running out of the backfield. On a 4th and short you even call plays like that, quick throws. Wentz dropped back and didn't even see him.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry. Not the way our OL is playing. 

Even the radio guys are all over Reich today with comments like "too cute"....

And the radio guys try extra extra hard to be pro-Reich...

So we get a FG there and look how Seattle is moving the ball. I rest my case. A FG would've been worthless. I called it, TD Seattle.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching the game. Hines was wide open running out of the backfield. On a 4th and short you even call plays like that, quick throws. Wentz dropped back and didn't even see him.

Even Manning missed guys. Not gonna drag a guy for failing to see every thing every time. Now if it keeps happening, different story.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably because by the time Wentz actually got to look around, he was on the ground. There’s zero reason to be getting hit that quickly out of shotgun. Oline is trash today. When Wentz is getting time, he’s hitting guys. This isn’t Madden with a camera over your damn head. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Big question. Would we had been better off stating Eason this game since he had all camp with the starters and leg Wentz have another week of practice.

Enough with the Eason talk, no Eason would be in the hospital. Why would you think a more immobile QB would play better when the current QB can't even get 1 second without being pressured.

Honestly I think Wentz has looked good for no training camp. Defense needs to be better plain and simple, they played a bad game minus the 3rd quarter. Oline has not had anytime during pre season or camp to get in sync again. Just remember we are going to get better every week as all New pieces slowly start falling into place. Tennessee is losing too so this game is having no affect on the division at least!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So we get a FG there and look how Seattle is moving the ball. I rest my case. A FG would've been worthless. I called it, TD Seattle.

A FG gives us points and confidence, and gets the crowd into it a bit..

Getting held on 4th gives Seattle confidence. And sucks the life out of the crowd.

Sorry, you don't do that when your OL has been a dumpster fire all day.