Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency: Day 5

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, buccolts said:

By when do the Bears need to do something with Fuller,  or whomever,  to get under the cap?

They had to be under the cap on Wednesday at 4. At no point since then are they allowed to be over the cap. 

15 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

They had to be under the cap on Wednesday at 4. At no point since then are they allowed to be over the cap. 

Thanks, and that's what I'd thought, but I'm still confused in that........

It was said that, after A Robinson signed his tender they were going to release Fuller to make room. Plenty of comments that he's not released YET.

No one's been cut since, and Over the Cap still has them in the hole, but quite a bit.

Actually, Over the Cap has 8 teams in the hole. Maybe Over the Cap isn't up to date. Is there a more reliable reference?

Tate can't hold TY's jock, even at this stage in his career. We seem to be expecting to do a lot in the draft with a low 1st and 2nd round pick and no 3rd.  OT, CB, WR, DE, TE. OR, we could fill a couple of those now, like getting Fuller and signing Rhodes, signing TY Hilton, getting Ertz when he's available. Then we just have to either find a trade partner or draft real good..

14 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Hum i could see the Colts signing him maybe move Smith to LT and Haeg to RT!?!?

Braden is one of the NFL's best RT right now, so leave him there. Joe actually played his best at LT, but not good enough to be a starter.  It would be good to have his versatility, plus he would give Wentz some familiarity, since they were teamates at NDSU.  And I suspect Joe isn't getting great offers right now. Probably wants to stay in Tampa if he remains only a backup

6 hours ago, buccolts said:

It was said that, after A Robinson signed his tender they were going to release Fuller to make room. Plenty of comments that he's not released YET.

No one's been cut since, and Over the Cap still has them in the hole, but quite a bit.

Actually, Over the Cap has 8 teams in the hole. Maybe Over the Cap isn't up to date. Is there a more reliable reference?

I guess you could say Over The Cap is , itself, over the cap.

Get your act together Over The Cap!  You have 1 job to do.

Wait, since it is itself called over the cap, maybe its not possible for Over The Cap to be anything BUT , in fact, OVER the cap.

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Yep but there’s still teams over it

7 hours ago, buccolts said:

Spotrac and ESPN and OTC are all showing similar things so I don’t know what is going on. @Superman or @w87r are much more knowledgeable about the inner workings of this than me but I’m not sure what’s going on at all.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep but there’s still teams over it

Spotrac and ESPN and OTC are all showing similar things so I don’t know what is going on. @Superman or @w87r are much more knowledgeable about the inner workings of this than me but I’m not sure what’s going on at all.

I will boil it down to a couple potential factors.

1. OTC and Spotrac have assumed deals figured into their cap space and while some players have agreed to a deal, teams have yet to actually sign them at this point and are waiting until they make other moves to be able to fit the player into their cap space.(most likely culprit)

2. There could be some other players that have moved money around and its not been reported yet.(ehh, maybe)

3. Since the cap figure was released so late, maybe the NFL has given teams a few days longer to be under the cap, and it was never leaked out (doubtful on this one, but a possible theory)

I will say though I find it a little curious that some are still showing over. Even in this report from NFLPA, it is showing (7) teams over, but teams roster sizes are dramatically lower then OtC and Spotrac

https://nflpa.com/reports/public-salary-cap-report

I would say it doesn't get any more accurate than this one(once it's fully updated). I think they are lagging behind as well though. It says updated daily, but I think it is behind on reporting as well.

Curious to see @Superman thoughts.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I will boil it down to a couple potential factors.

1. OTC and Spotrac have assumed deals figured into their cap space and while some players have agreed to a deal, teams have yet to actually sign them at this point and are waiting until they make other moves to be able to fit the player into their cap space.(most likely culprit)

2. There could be some other players that have moved money around and its not been reported yet.(ehh, maybe)

3. Since the cap figure was released so late, maybe the NFL has given teams a few days longer to be under the cap, and it was never leaked out (doubtful on this one, but a possible theory)

I will say though I find it a little curious that some are still showing over. Even in this report from NFLPA, it is showing (7) teams over, but teams roster sizes are dramatically lower then OtC and Spotrac

https://nflpa.com/reports/public-salary-cap-report

I would say it doesn't get any more accurate than this one(once it's fully updated). I think they are lagging behind as well though. It says updated daily, but I think it is behind on reporting as well.

Curious to see @Superman thoughts.

Sure is interesting indeed 

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   Most of what I read is Denver has a very good roster, but no quarterback.  

Exactly what yu read, watch a game. They had 8 games where they didn't score atleast 17 points. Look at the roster, stop listening to what ppl tell you. Outside of a middle of the pack Wr core& Justin Simmons the broncos are a college team

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

Exactly what yu read, watch a game. They had 8 games where they didn't score atleast 17 points. Look at the roster, stop listening to what ppl tell you. Outside of a middle of the pack Wr core& Justin Simmons the broncos are a college team

“Stop listening to what people tell you”

That’s your recommendation?   I’m talking about EXPERTS, not fans.   You’re people, why should I listen to you?   Not scoring at least 17 points in 8 games is often a great sign of quarterback trouble, which is exactly what I said.

Goodness gracious.     :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s your recommendation?   I’m talking about EXPERTS, not fans.   You’re people, why should I listen to you?   Not scoring at least 17 points in 8 games is often a great sign of quarterback trouble, which is exactly what I said.

Lol.

Tells you to stop listening to people as he is trying to tell you something.

Oh the irony.

Would start with him on his suggestion.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Experts, ok well just so yu knw the roster the experts told yu was good also gave up 30+ points 8 times and 48 & 43 points last season. i just gave yu one metric as to why they suck.

there's many more, but i wouldn't expect someone that doesn't use their own opinion to have a brain. yu value ppl en suits too much. information is free

i guess losing 11/16 games wasn't enough for yu to comprehend lol

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

It’s sad to see a kid with talent throw it away. I hope things work out for him in life

Wow

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol.

Oh the irony.

So true 

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol.

Oh the irony.

im not telling anyone to listen to me i'm stating my opinion and he/she chimed in, see the difference 

39 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

It’s sad to see a kid with talent throw it away. I hope things work out for him in life

Yes...   this may get worse before it hopefully, eventually gets better.   The story on ESPN has more details.   None good.   This is getting scary.  The kid clearly has serious problems. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

i like ty but he looked so bad last year and washed up .   we need a true number 1 wr to go with pittman and cambell .  Wentz needs weapons pascal is the only proven WR on the colts right now and he is more of a backup player . 

I think the obsession with finding a true #1 receiver is funny.  Philly won a SB with basically our same offense and no dominant #1 receiver.  The offense can run perfectly well with an ensemble cast of WRs.  We have a lot of decent receivers Pittman, Campbell, Pascal, Dulin, Harris, Patmon.  I do see us trying to add someone else to that top three, but someone on the first two days of the draft should suffice...

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think the obsession with finding a true #1 receiver is funny.  Philly won a SB with basically our same offense and no dominant #1 receiver.  The offense can run perfectly well with an ensemble cast of WRs.  We have a lot of decent receivers Pittman, Campbell, Pascal, Dulin, Harris, Patmon.  I do see us trying to add someone else to that top three, but someone on the first two days of the draft should suffice...

Hilton?

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

18 mil a year for Golladay. No way Ballard entertained that. Looking like Hilton will be re-signed. I'd guess 2 year 17 mil

Hilton better not get that type of contract after JuJu got 1 yr 8mil. Ty at best is a 1 yr 6.5 mil but will probably be 7 mil yr ave.

Archived