Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency: Day 5

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Hilton better not get that type of contract after JuJu got 1 yr 8mil. Ty at best is a 1 yr 6.5 mil but will probably be 7 mil yr ave.

8.5 mil is not a lot and the Ravens offered more, but he chose to stay in pittsburgh

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Colts will trade back. Ballard always does.

I think he will but this year I think is a little different because many think he will “wait” for this guy or that guy. I disagree with that thought and believe his strong thoughts on trenches allows him to go for a solid tackle. Not waiting. If he still signs a LT that he feels fine playing this year then ok maybe but still probably not. 

1 minute ago, BlueCollarColts said:

I can’t see the Colts giving Fuller a big contract but I’d love to be wrong.

If it's already 10-12 mil, Ballard could pull the trigger. Fuller is the perfect cover 2 corner. He's a lot like Kenny

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If it's already 10-12 mil, Ballard could pull the trigger. Fuller is the perfect cover 2 corner. He's a lot like Kenny

Agree. This could be the difference maker we need in our secondary. 

Kyle Fuller

Zach Ertz

Resign TY & Houston

Draft Edge/Tackle in rounds 1 & 2 of the draft & our off-season would suddenly look very solid 

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Colts will trade back. Ballard always does.

Well....    he’s only been the GM for four drafts.    In those four first rounds, he’s traded back twice.   Once for Nelson, the other time he took Rock at the top of the 2nd. 

Once he stayed where he was and took Hooker.   The final time he traded the pick for Buckner.   

I think Ballard trading down is the strongest, safest prediction anyone can make.  He’d like to get a third he traded for Wentz and we have needs to fill.  

But CB hasn’t done anything enough to use “always”.   That word, along with “never” can get you into trouble.  I’ve learned that lesson the hard way over the years.       :peek:

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    he’s only been the GM for four drafts.    In those four first rounds, he’s traded back twice.   Once for Nelson, the other time he took Rock at the top of the 2nd. 

Once he stayed where he was and took Hooker.   The final time he traded the pick for Buckner.   

I think Ballard trading down is the strongest, safest prediction anyone can make.  He’d like to get a third he traded for Wentz and we have needs to fill.  

But CB hasn’t done anything enough to use “always”.   That word, along with “never” can get you into trouble.  I’ve learned that lesson the hard way over the years.       :peek:

Always is perhaps extreme, but Ballard hardly sits on picks rather that's moving up or down.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Always is perhaps extreme, but Ballard hardly sits on picks rather that's moving up or down.

Yes...  good observation.  Ballard is all about maximizing the value of every pick he makes.

And personally, I love that about him.    It doesn’t make him perfect, but you can get a good feel for what he’s trying to do. 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I was saying that's probably Ballard's value.

I think Ballard’s value would be closer to $7-9 million.   That’s just my hunch.  I easily could be wrong.    

But I can see him offering Fuller more years than Rhodes, and likely more guaranteed money as well.   Rhodes is still the fallback.  

10 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Very disappointing.

Ok..   we’ve now given Rhodes all the leverage.   He knows he’s the one remaining high level corner.   He knows we need him badly.   We let him test the market.  

Now we also know that he needs the Colts just as much.   We play the right system to let him excel.   But his market looks even firmer.   Perhaps 2/16 or 17?

Now...  how much posturing?   How long does the stand-off take?   Inquiring minds.....

Guys, this all falls right in line with everything Irsay and everyone keeps saying about Ballard. He has a number. He comes in and says it. And then if you don’t take it right away he says “ok well if you change your mind or don’t get a better offer, come on back to me”. 

it’s why our news is so slow. I bet we have been in on tons and tons of guys where we have an offer and everyone heard it and went and shopped it and got better. 

it will make us super risk averse but it means we will miss out on tons of opportunities. Some may have hit. Most likely wouldn’t. 

I bet that’s what happened w Fuller. We called and said what we’d do. He then got a better offer in Denver. It is what it is at this point. 

we will get guys when the guys accept the smaller offers we put on the table. 

if they don’t we won’t get them. 

probably does not bode well for ending up with TY now that he’s the top WR left on the market. 

2 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Guys, this all falls right in line with everything Irsay and everyone keeps saying about Ballard. He has a number. He comes in and says it. And then if you don’t take it right away he says “ok well if you change your mind or don’t get a better offer, come on back to me”. 

it’s why our news is so slow. I bet we have been in on tons and tons of guys where we have an offer and everyone heard it and went and shopped it and got better. 

it will make us super risk averse but it means we will miss out on tons of opportunities. Some may have hit. Most likely wouldn’t. 

I bet that’s what happened w Fuller. We called and said what we’d do. He then got a better offer in Denver. It is what it is at this point. 

we will get guys when the guys accept the smaller offers we put on the table. 

if they don’t we won’t get them. 

probably does not bode well for ending up with TY now that he’s the top WR left on the market. 

I like this post.   I was with you all the way until the TYH prediction.   I think it’s more likely we get him.

TYH wants to come back.   We want him back.  We’re willing to gamble that no one will offer more.   I’m guessing we’re willing to go 2/13 or 14.   Will some other team offer more?   I’m guessing, no.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I like this post.   I was with you all the way until the TYH prediction.   I think it’s more likely we get him.

TYH wants to come back.   We want him back.  We’re willing to gamble that no one will offer more.   I’m guessing we’re willing to go 2/13 or 14.   Will some other team offer more?   I’m guessing, no.  

Hail Mary Full Of Grace............

Archived