Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency: Day 5

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CardiacColts said:

An honest mistake. I will not make that mistake again. 

Yeah, I know. It is not a big deal. Most fans here are men. So, that will happen. I have absolutely no problem with it. I usually don't correct anyone. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yeah, I know. It is not a big deal. Most fans here are men. So, that will happen. I have absolutely no problem with it. I usually don't correct anyone. 

Honestly, I appreciate the correction. I'd rather be accurate and respectful than consistent.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Since you're here, What did you think about the eagles Signing Harris?

I like Harris but we did not have the cap space to retain him. He was an undrafted free agent in 2015 who contributed a lot in his 6 years with us. He did not play as well last year but it may have been because all the defensive players except Kendricks regressed (or rookies were starting). I wish him the best. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps...,  But isn’t there a famous poker saying that you don’t play your hand, you play your opponent?    Something close to that? 

Play the math, be aware of how your opponent(s) play, patience and well timed aggression. Even when making moves or bluffs, it still ultimately comes down to the math of the situation, imho.  Math will dictate what to do based on your opponent’s playing style. For example, depending upon your “position”, even if you have air, depending upon stack sizes and game dynamics, the math will likely dictate whether a bluff is in order or ill advised. It’s all really just math.  The sad part is, though, luck generally can trump (hate to use his name) skill. lol

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Play the math, be aware of how your opponent(s) play, patience and well time aggression.  Even when making moves or blues, it still ultimately comes down to the math of the situation, imho.  Math will dictate what to do based on your opponent’s playing style.  For exhale, depending upon your “ position”, even if you have air, depending upon stack sizes and game dynamics, the math will likely dictate whether a bluff is in order or ill advised.  It’s all really just math.  The sad part is, though, luck generally can trump (hate to use his name) skill. lol

For someone who does not play the game, I think I might’ve understood....   a little of that!  Or not, as the case may be.

But I appreciate you trying to explain it to me! :thmup: 

7 hours ago, rockywoj said:

With each passing year, grey beard’s leverage is reduced, as age takes its toll.  A 1 year deal, I like the signing!

I like Ballard. To me drafting well and supplementing that with a few reasonably-priced free agents and smart trades is the way to go. I like to retain quality players and not over-paying for them or for free agents from other clubs. 

• w87r locked this topic

Archived