Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency: Day 5

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

That's a smart move by the Bears, just like what the Raiders did with Rodney Hudson. Dangle him out there and see who's interested, then make the deal. The Raiders got a 3rd rounder for Hudson, someone will do the same for Fuller..

I'm not so sure about that.  If the entire Western World knows that the Bears are gonna cut him if they can't trade him, they'll simply wait until they cut him.  Yes?

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm not so sure about that.  If the entire Western World knows that the Bears are gonna cut him if they can't trade him, they'll simply wait until they cut him.  Yes?

Same with Ertz, yet the Eagles keep the game going. Who knows, the Jags are desperate for a TE, maybe they give a 4th rounder for him, if that happens the game is worth it..

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

It really depends on what a team would have to give up in a trade to get him. A team might rather give something up to guarantee they get him vs waiting for the Bears to cut him and then having to compete with other teams to sign him.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hooker, Ballard’s one big time draft bust to date. Although mostly due to injury. Wish him well

Hooker isn't a bust imo. He did his job which was basically playing cover 2. Injuries unfortunately ruined him.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hooker isn't a bust imo. He did his job which was basically playing cover 2. Injuries unfortunately ruined him.

I think he was average, which means he was drafted too high. That said, he’s Ballard biggest miss to date so maybe not quite a bust, and yes I’d agree injuries ruined him. As they did with a lot of our players. Wish we could stay heathy(I still think it’s the field)

I wonder what Chicago are looking for. They can’t be looking for too much compensation for 2 reasons; 1, teams know he is about to be cut and 2, teams probably don’t value him at $14m 

I’d be close to certain Ballard won’t do anything until he is cut. He doesn’t highly value the CB position in this defence, so I doubt he wants to pay a CB $14m. With that being said, when (or if) Fuller does hit the open market, I would expect Ballard to be interested. Probably $10-11 is the max he will be will to pay for Fuller I’d say. I mean Rhodes will probably cost around $8m as Patrick Peterson got $10m off a bad year.

Be interesting to see, but I think Fuller’s market is limited to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I wonder what Chicago are looking for. They can’t be looking for too much compensation for 2 reasons; 1, teams know he is about to be cut and 2, teams probably don’t value him at $14m 

I’d be close to certain Ballard won’t do anything until he is cut. He doesn’t highly value the CB position in this defence, so I doubt he wants to pay a CB $14m. With that being said, when (or if) Fuller does hit the open market, I would expect Ballard to be interested. Probably $10-11 is the max he will be will to pay for Fuller I’d say. I mean Rhodes will probably cost around $8m as Patrick Peterson got $10m off a bad year.

Be interesting to see, but I think Fuller’s market is limited to be honest.

Agreed

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Nah they win some games

I will save my pick until after draft

Do you see all the issues their dealing with? They have no defense, no WRs after losing both Fuller and Cooks, and now Watson is dealing with sexual assault allegations. Oh and they don't have a first or second round pick.

Just now, CR91 said:

Do you see all the issues their dealing with? They have no defense, no WRs after losing both Fuller and Cooks, and now Watson is dealing with sexual assault allegations. Oh and they don't have a first or second round pick.

I understand that but can't give feedback til season is close cause a lot can change 

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

Same with Ertz, yet the Eagles keep the game going. Who knows, the Jags are desperate for a TE, maybe they give a 4th rounder for him, if that happens the game is worth it..

Yes and no. Ertz has some play left in him but Fuller is a lot better at his position still so teams will definitely want to inquire about him before the bidding war starts. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I think he was average, which means he was drafted too high. That said, he’s Ballard biggest miss to date so maybe not quite a bust, and yes I’d agree injuries ruined him. As they did with a lot of our players. Wish we could stay heathy(I still think it’s the field)

I wouldn’t say Ballard missed though. He was highly looked at going into the draft and injuries hurt his career. When he was healthy he wasn’t bad at all. Now he never developed like many hoped for a 15th overall but again injuries hurt that. 

10 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Yes and no. Ertz has some play left in him but Fuller is a lot better at his position still so teams will definitely want to inquire about him before the bidding war starts. 

I just don't see any team eating that $14m salary in this cap strapped world, and certainly not the Colts. There would have to be a deal where Fuller came signed sealed and delivered on a new contract extension, with the Bears taking on a chunk of the $14m. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I just don't see any team eating that $14m salary in this cap strapped world, and certainly not the Colts. There would have to be a deal where Fuller came signed sealed and delivered on a new contract extension, with the Bears taking on a chunk of the $14m. 

There is nothing saying that won’t happen. They will eat dead cap from a trade or cutting him I believe. Not sure on the amount but same goes for Ertz. I see a much larger benefit for teams from Fuller than Ertz IMO. 

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I will go out on a limb and say texans will have the worst record in football in 21

Quite possible

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Didn't they sign like 10 no name FAs?

They've brought in a ton of new players.  No locker room culture/continuity is just one big issue.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Let's say Broncos get Fuller im assuming they don't draft Farley or Surtain at 9 then

But teams right after that will. Fingers crossed one falls to us though because that would be an easy pick for Ballard. Just like Hooker when a guy like that falls he is going for it. Unless someone else falls that he loves more. Maybe a Paye or Darrisaw. Hard to tell this year. Plus still a good amount of time with FA. 

5 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

So, 2 years 6 million isn't a value? I can see not jumping on the 20+ million per year trains, but now it's getting silly.

Their really putting all their chips on Ertz it seems

Archived