Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Mostly depends on how high teams are on the two Miami DEs above him. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going top 15. So if he falls out of the top 10, I’m making calls if I’m Ballard 

I'm also liking some of the signings during free agency that I thought would be trouble spots during the draft for getting Kwity Paye. Now if I were still some of those teams, I would be double dipping, soo take that for what it's worth

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Mostly depends on how high teams are on the two Miami DEs above him. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going top 15. So if he falls out of the top 10, I’m making calls if I’m Ballard 

I could live with that. If he can make an immediate impact, Turay can completely heal, and maybe add a Cameron Sample or someone like that later in the draft, we could have a pretty good young stable of edge rushers. Maybe even Banogu could start to develop in year 3. Edge rusher is by far my biggest concern right now. I still see plenty of good options out there for everything else this team needs between the remaining FAs and draft

3 minutes ago, Hark said:

I could live with that. If he can make an immediate impact, Turay can completely heal, and maybe add a Cameron Sample or someone like that later in the draft, we could have a pretty good young stable of edge rushers. Maybe even Banogu could start to develop in year 3. Edge rusher is by far my biggest concern right now. I still see plenty of good options out there for everything else this team needs between the remaining FAs and draft

Tomorrow will be busy, there should be some good players come free as these teams find ways to get back under the cap, TN amongst them

24 minutes ago, #12. said:

Maybe so.  Ballard is willing to pay for real talent(Buckner). He just won't pay A money for B or C talent.  At 33 years old, you might have to draw the line though.

Look at that top class LT on the Rams. That 39 year old or something like that. 
It you truly want and are world class you can play for a long time as a LT.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Tomorrow will be busy, there should be some good players come free as these teams find ways to get back under the cap, TN amongst them

Yep, and more than likely those players may know they are getting releases,   And more importantly their agents know and are working with GM's around the league pre working deals in case.

This could bode well for the Colts to grab some shocker player cuts 

1 minute ago, James said:

It you truly want and is world class you can play for a long time as a LT.

This is a valid point. I've seen articles where Trent has stated he wants to play until 39. This is also a big reason I doubt a 2 year deal gets it done, especially if he really does have a 4 year $80 mil deal on the table. That is likely what it will take to make it happen.

I think he may view playing in our dome with our line more favorably than San Fran's situation; however, KC and their cap space mystery is the wildcard in my opinion. Hopefully DeFo puts in a good word for us lol. In all seriousness though, this may be a phantom bidding war right now, as I think TW may still be on vacation in Mexico taking his time to make a decision.

Let the fun continue tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, James said:

It you truly want and are world class you can play for a long time as a LT.

Since we're now comparing Trent Williams to Andrew Whitworth...     OK....

Trent apparently is looking for $20mill plus at age 32/33.

Whitworth is in his last year of a 3-year,  $30 Million total.    He's now 39.    He'll get $11 Mil this year.

I don't think this is a very credible apples to apples comparison.    Williams is going to command DOUBLE what Whitworth makes.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Since we're now comparing Trent Williams to Andrew Whitworth...     OK....

Trent apparently is looking for $20mill plus at age 32/33.

Whitworth is in his last year of a 3-year,  $30 Million total.    He's now 39.    He'll get $11 Mil this year.

I don't think this is a very credible apples to apples comparison.    Williams is going to command DOUBLE what Whitworth makes.

I hear that. I’m just saying age in itself shouldn’t necessarily be the deciding factor here. 

Given his quality of play and rating I’d love Williams on a 2 year deal even for 20-23 M per. Fits with Nelson’s timeline too I think.

I’m not on the Williams bandwagon yet. I won’t complain if we get him. Could you imagine the holes Taylor and Hines would be running through? The line is elite already then you add that extra element. Also would really help in allowing Wentz the time to regain in confidence again. Still a lot of money to fork over for the line. 

19 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Yep, and more than likely those players may know they are getting releases,   And more importantly their agents know and are working with GM's around the league pre working deals in case.

This could bode well for the Colts to grab some shocker player cuts 

That’s how they got Houston.  They were patient and the chiefs cut him and Ballard pounced.  That’s why I am not worked up over the lack of action.  I can promise Ballard has a plan even if we don’t know it and it’s just going to take patience to see what it is.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup!   Feels like you could post it and repost it every hour on the hour.   Not sure how much good it would do?      :peek:

Hasn't been as bad today. Over reactions that is. Yesterday was completely asinine.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Hasn't been as bad today. Over reactions that is. Yesterday was completely asinine.

Yes....    things 1000 percent better.

Frankly, I think a good amount of the "better" comes from the stern warning we got from @Nadine  And I think she was talking to me as much as anyone.   But it was much needed.    We all got the poison out of our system and we're all still here.

I think it was handled well and fair to all.     Today has been a much better day.....    :thmup:

Now, back to my bunker!        :peek:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Yes....    things 1000 percent better.

Frankly, I think a good amount of the "better" comes from the stern warning we got from @Nadine  And I think she was talking to me as much as anyone.   But it was much needed.    We all got the poison out of our system and we're all still here.

I think it was handled well and fair to all.     Today has been a much better day.....    :thmup:

Now, back to my bunker!        :peek:

Yeah I almost locked the thread up last night.

I had a post ready, but the conversation shifted away from back and forths when I was about to post it, so I let it play out and went to sleep.

Was happy to see Nadines post was right in line with what I was thinking though.

Complaints and responses needed taken to colts section in their own thread, it had derailed the thread to long.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Been at work since 2 so couldn't check is Samuel still available 

I really want us to get Samuel. I think he could be had for an affordable deal and would be such a versatile weapon for Reich and Wentz to use. He’s also great insurance if/when Campbell gets injured. 

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I really want us to get Samuel. I think he could be had for an affordable deal and would be such a versatile weapon for Reich and Wentz to use. He’s also great insurance if/when Campbell gets injured. 

Very versatile.    I want Golladay and TY.  But would be happy with Samuel 

Refresher:

Colts additions:

S George Odum - RFA

WR Zach Pascal - RFA

TE Mo Alie-Cox - RFA

CB Marvell Tell III - back from Covid absence

LB Skai Moore - back from Covid absence

Comp pick formula:

Autry - 5th

Brissett - 5th

Tremon Smith - N/A(but should cancel a small deal out later)

Tomorrow, things get real.

Should be an influx of newly released players added to remaining FA pool, which still has plenty of good names at position of needs for us.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Refresher:

Colts additions:

S George Odum - RFA

WR Zach Pascal - RFA

TE Mo Alie-Cox - RFA

Comp pick formula:

Autry - 5th

Brissett - 5th

Tremon Smith - N/A(but should cancel a small deal out)

Should be an influx of newly released players added to remaining FA pool, which still has plenty of good names at position of needs for us.

Leaving Megan Mullally GIF by Will & Grace

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Refresher:

Colts additions:

S George Odum - RFA

WR Zach Pascal - RFA

TE Mo Alie-Cox - RFA

Comp pick formula:

Autry - 5th

Brissett - 5th

Tremon Smith - N/A(but should cancel a small deal out)

Thanks for the information 

21 minutes ago, w87r said:

Refresher:

Colts additions:

S George Odum - RFA

WR Zach Pascal - RFA

TE Mo Alie-Cox - RFA

Comp pick formula:

Autry - 5th

Brissett - 5th

Tremon Smith - N/A(but should cancel a small deal out later)

If I may...   questions about comp pick formulas.    

It’s my understanding that the pucks are formulated by size.   And, as FA continues...  if/when more deals are done that are larger than the ones for Autry and Brissett are, that those two picks, currently 5th round, could get pushed down to 6th or even 7th round when all is said and done. 

Is this correct?   Or do I have it wrong?  

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I may...   questions about comp pick formulas.    

It’s my understanding that the pucks are formulated by size.   And, as FA continues...  if/when more deals are done that are larger than the ones for Autry and Brissett are, that those two picks, currently 5th round, could get pushed down to 6th or even 7th round when all is said and done. 

Is this correct?   Or do I have it wrong?  

Correct as far as i know.

However, cut players do not factor into the comp pick formula when signed which is kinda big.

It is why the Ravens signing Zeitler was smart for them because they could pay him big $ and not have it impact their comp pick formula.

It is another reason we could target some cut players tomorrow rather than some of the UFAs out there in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Correct as far as i know.

However, cut players do not factor into the comp pick formula when signed which is kinda big.

It is why the Ravens signing Zeitler was smart for them because they could pay him big $ and not have it impact their comp pick formula.

It is another reason we could target some cut players tomorrow rather than some of the UFAs out there in my opinion.

My reason for asking my question...   people here will see the post showing that Autry and Brissett will bring us two 5th round comp picks.

And maybe they will.  But since it’s still early, I’m expecting plenty more big signings that those picks may wind up to be a 6 and a 7. 

I don’t want people here to think those current 5th round picks are set in stone and permanent. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

My reason for asking my question...   people here will see the post showing that Autry and Brissett will bring us two 5th round comp picks.

And maybe they will.  But since it’s still early, I’m expecting plenty more bug signings that those picks may wind up to be a 6 and a 7. 

I don’t want people here to think those current 5th round picks are set in stone and permanent. 

oh youre spot on.

if we dont spend on external FAs at all during the process then we might get those picks,.....but if we spend anything close to either of those guys and dont have someone to off-set it that we lose then those picks would fly away quickly lol

1 minute ago, Indycrazy1287 said:

Found it kinda weird considering blackmon/willis felt kinda locked into safety spots and williams is a slot which is absolutely kenny moore’s. But if its cheap then maybe it would open certain things up schematically?..

Neal has mentioned a willingness to play LB in certain situations 

Archived