Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Great one?    Really?   

There are a dozen top WR’s still on the market.   We didn’t need to jump on 31 year old John Brown.   

He still has the speed to take the top off and was a great find for Allen last year. And with a price tag of 3.5 million, that's a damn good one.

1 hour ago, CardiacColts said:

I’m interested in exploring a hypothetical. It seems the Bears certainly still have cuts to make; however, if they decide that Fuller (11 mil savings) is too valuable to lose with Rodgers in the division, that cut could theoretically end up being Akiem Hicks (11.5 mil savings) instead. If that ends up being the case, what would everyone’s thoughts be on making him a Colt? I am intrigued by the potential. 

No to Hicks - he is a very good player when healthy, but he has been injured and missed too many games the last 2 seasons. His age has been showing and has not been reliable. Bears talking heads up here even think he could be a surprise cut because of his injury history.

The only Bears players I would be interested in would be Allen Robinson and Kyle Fuller. Robinson is an elite playmaker and could be HUGE in the Colts system. Fuller regressed last season some compared to previous seasons according to the Chicago media, but maybe a change in scenery would bring him back to being an impact player for a few more seasons.

Just now, Aces101 said:

No to Hicks - he is a very good player when healthy, but he has been injured and missed too many games the last 2 seasons. His age has been showing and has not been reliable. Bears talking heads up here even think he could be a surprise cut because of his injury history.

The only Bears players I would be interested in would be Allen Robinson and Kyle Fuller. Robinson is an elite playmaker and could be HUGE in the Colts system. Fuller regressed last season some compared to previous seasons according to the Chicago media, but maybe a change in scenery would bring him back to being an impact player for a few more seasons.

I agree on all accounts. I would love Robinson and or Fuller. Robinson is unrealistic though, as the Bears are delusional and would probably demand the return the Vikings got for Diggs. Fuller is intriguing though! 

7 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

I agree on all accounts. I would love Robinson and or Fuller. Robinson is unrealistic though, as the Bears are delusional and would probably demand the return the Vikings got for Diggs. Fuller is intriguing though! 

Adoree Jackson/Rhodes and Fuller together would be NICE lol

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

John Brown signs with the Raiders for basically peanuts, 3.75 million. Don't know about Ballard's "looking for good deals" when a great one who wanted to come here walks right past..

Sweet Jesus.

Lot's of players could want to come play in Indy.  If the feeling is not reciprocated, who freaking cares?

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

John Brown signs with the Raiders for basically peanuts, 3.75 million. Don't know about Ballard's "looking for good deals" when a great one who wanted to come here walks right past..

what has John Brown done in this league? he's also older...

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

What has Zach Pascal done in this league as he is getting older?... :lol:

Come on, you know it's only because the Colts fan's (some) feel the Colts could use help in the receiver room. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of a decent receiver plus a reasonable contract... 

Just now, Indeee said:

Come on, you know it's only because the Colts fan's (some) feel the Colts could use help in the receiver room. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of a decent receiver plus a reasonable contract... 

not much either. But people for a week or more have been clamouring over John Brown and I don't get the hype

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He's not a superstar, but he did get over 1000 yards with Josh Allen and he's a very good #2 or #3 receiver. And for that price a 2 year contract would have been money well spent. We spent 10 million on Devin Funchess, how'd that work..

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Trust me several of us aren't gonna lose sleep over this. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

SMH really people 

Kid getting bullied over a jersey

Yea... I'm telling you these fools on twitter are ruining everything that is good in life. Twitter needs to be destroyed. That kid was great and there isn't one person who shouldn't feel great about that whole moment when he revealed that Wentz jersey. Just insane how people are nowadays... 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

SMH really people 

Kid getting bullied over a jersey

From the same dirt-bag fans that cheered a player blowing out both knees, Booed Santa and booed an opposing player being taken off the field on a stretcher.. The first stadium that has a built in jail for such a classy fan base..

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Oh this is just too funny! That has to be so freaking awkward for him. “So, uh, Jared, when I said ‘level up’ I was, uh, really just saving face. You’re my guy, you’ve always been my guy. We still cool, right?” 
:funny:

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

if he becomes available is anyone ok with Danielle Hunter for our 21st? he is only 26 actually younger than Buckner and the 2 of them together would be unstoppable lol

I don't know about trading ANOTHER 1st. Would rather draft and have signed one of the pass rushers for less money & have kept our pick even if they are not as good. 

Just now, BluesGirl said:

If teams need to be under the cap by 4pm. I would think we'd be seeing a lot more cuts reported.   Is it just me of does it seem strange no news on this 

No you are on point. It's beyond strange unless there is going to be a major dump coming within next 15 minutes. It's been a ghost town today on many fronts

1 minute ago, BluesGirl said:

If teams need to be under the cap by 4pm. I would think we'd be seeing a lot more cuts reported.   Is it just me of does it seem strange no news on this 

I initially thought that too; however, I’m sure they can send in a list of cuts at the deadline to be honest. They are probably still talking to those players now. 

Archived