Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think him being a vegan has anything to do with it.

There are quite a few NFL players that are vegan including Tom Brady. 

Close, but not yet.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2016/01/04/meet-the-chef-who-decides-what-tom-brady-eatsand-what-he-definitely-doesnt

https://www.nomeatathlete.com/is-tom-brady-vegan/#:~:text=No%2C he's not.,Nutrition course taught by Dr.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hark said:

That would be crazy. With all the money that has already been spent, he would have to take a huge pay cut!

I wouldn’t count on his cut being huge.

Theres still a lot of money out there, and someone will still give him a good respectable offer.   Maybe even the Colts.   He’ll take a hair cut, but it won’t be a buzz cut, if you follow my meaning?!     :thmup:

I’m interested in exploring a hypothetical. It seems the Bears certainly still have cuts to make; however, if they decide that Fuller (11 mil savings) is too valuable to lose with Rodgers in the division, that cut could theoretically end up being Akiem Hicks (11.5 mil savings) instead. If that ends up being the case, what would everyone’s thoughts be on making him a Colt? I am intrigued by the potential. 

2 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

I’m interested in exploring a hypothetical. It seems the Bears certainly still have cuts to make; however, if they decide that Fuller (11 mil savings) is too valuable to lose with Rodgers in the division, that cut could theoretically end up being Akiem Hicks (11.5 mil savings) instead. If that ends up being the case, what would everyone’s thoughts be on making him a Colt? I am intrigued by the potential. 

Not sure 

2 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

Hicks is a DT, where the Colts have Buckner and Stewart.    Where would he play?   He’s too good to be a rotation piece. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Hicks is a DT, where the Colts have Buckner and Stewart.    Where would he play?   He’s too good to be a rotation piece. 

Completely valid point. I suppose I am just looking at where potential cuts could add affordable value. We always seem to keep a lot of depth along the DL. 

1 minute ago, CardiacColts said:

Completely valid point. I suppose I am just looking at where potential cuts could add affordable value. We always seem to keep a lot of depth along the DL. 

Yes...    depth on the DL is key.  

But Hicks would want starter money to be our backup.   Too expensive.   And I like Hicks.  If we had a need that would be different... 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes...    depth on the DL is key.  

But Hicks would want starter money to be our backup.   Too expensive.   And I like Hicks.  If we had a need that would be different... 

Makes sense. I thought maybe depth if there isn’t a market for him at his age. Just trying to be objective. Personally, I hope it’s Fuller who is cut, and I hope we go after him!

1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

John Brown signs with the Raiders for basically peanuts, 3.75 million. Don't know about Ballard's "looking for good deals" when a great one who wanted to come here walks right past..

Great one?    Really?   

There are a dozen top WR’s still on the market.   We didn’t need to jump on 31 year old John Brown.   

Archived