Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My reason for asking my question...   people here will see the post showing that Autry and Brissett will bring us two 5th round comp picks.

And maybe they will.  But since it’s still early, I’m expecting plenty more big signings that those picks may wind up to be a 6 and a 7. 

I don’t want people here to think those current 5th round picks are set in stone and permanent. 

There is always a chance they slide/ or get offset. Time will tell, just an update on where we stand currently.

Doubt anyone will remember the post a year from now when Comp picks are announced, but again, it's just an update of current moves and most likely will be offset by a deal or 2.

41 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Yikes Trent Williams 6 years $138m, $23m APY. 

That is monster deal. No way we were ever going that long of a deal. Would've loved to have him, but not at that length.

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Still plenty good talent out there 

Yep

My new list:

DE: Houston and Clowney/or KC guy

WR: Hilton or Samuel

OT: Rieff or Villanueva

CB: Rhodes or Peterson

Still will be some names added to the list today as well, once all this monopoly money becomes real money.

Also, maybe there os a good chance we trade for McGlinchey(sp?) now that SF has that hige contract out for Williams. I would consider our 2nd for him.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yep

My new list:

DE: Houston and Clowney/or KC guy

WR: Hilton or Samuel

OT: Rieff or Villanueva

CB: Rhodes or Peterson

Still will be some names added to the list today as well, once all this monopoly money becomes real money.

Also, maybe there os a good chance we trade for McGlinchey(sp?) now that SF has that hige contract out for Williams. I would consider our 2nd for him.

I'm thinking Keanu Neal and Tanoh Kpassagnon 

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

Yeah Mack has been expected, playing for Shanahan in ATL, he had mentioned wanting to play in SF a while back.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Solid moves by Detroit. Added a couple good players. Wonder compensation for Brockers?

19 hours ago, adubb84 said:

YEAH! It’s wild. Complete 180 from what they normally do. Hate to put on my conspiracy hat this early in the morning but.....Bill HAS to be loading up for one more run. He better have a good ROI on all this. Could blow up in his face. 

Actually this is old hat for Belichick. It's been a while but he had a similar offensive strategy in 2010 when he drafted Gronk and Hernandez. There were some question marks over Brady after his knee injury and they had just shipped Cassel off. This was the year IIRC that Welker and Edelman were on the same team, with Edelman returning punts. Basically, a sort of rebuild mode after their 2007 season. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

There is always a chance they slide/ or get offset. Time will tell, just an update on where we stand currently.

Doubt anyone will remember the post a year from now when Comp picks are announced, but again, it's just an update of current moves and most likely will be offset by a deal or 2.

That is monster deal. No way we were ever going that long of a deal. Would've loved to have him, but not at that length.

Don't look at the length of that contract. Those are fake years. The guaranteed is 55M. This to me looks much more like 3/68 than 6/138... He very likely won't see those final years of that contract.

I love this type of contract for the team - it allows them to play if perfect - if he's worth the money past those first 3 years, you get to keep him, if he's not worth the money(level of play drops, injururies?) they can let him go without much of any punishment. 

We should see quite a few good players getting released today prior to the 4pm deadline to be under the cap. Hopefully today is the day Ballard makes moves to sign some outside FAs.

The Day 2 thread was a HUGE improvement over the Day 1 thread, so thank you to everyone that contributed and we look forward to an equally awesome thread today!

• Shive locked this topic
9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Riley Reiff, Gerald Everett, Jadeveon Clownley, TY and Rhodes... this seems like a good group to get/return. Lets see what Ballard does.

I'm glad you find that list satisfactory, I find that list uninspiring and flat out embarrassing. You know how I felt about Everett as we both agreed that might be a nice addition and I still agree with that and maybe Rhodes coming back is okay, but the rest? 

I'm not knocking you nor am I looking for an analysis... that list is just ultra meh 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

I'm glad you find that list satisfactory, I find that list uninspiring and flat out embarrassing. You know how I felt about Everett as we both agreed that might be a nice addition and I still agree with that and maybe Rhodes coming back is okay, but the rest? 

I'm not knocking you nor am I looking for an analysis... that list is just ultra meh 

It's like you've never seen how Ballard operates in FA. Keep your expectations low and you won't get disappointed.Ballard is never going to be one that goes out and throws money at the premier FAs. 3 of those were in my final mock, so I kind of expect something like this. I thought we might go for a good FA WR option, but TY kind of fits that description.

Just now, stitches said:

It's like you've never seen how Ballard operates in FA. Keep your expectations low and you won't get disappointed.Ballard is never going to be one that goes out and throws money at the premier FAs. 3 of those were in my final mock, so I kind of expect something like this. I thought we might go for a good FA WR option, but TY kind of fits that description.

Oh no I get it... I know how the operation works, doesn't mean it's not embarrassing 

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

what teams are currently over the cap

according to Overthecap with an update as of 6pm EST, yesterday.

Packers- 5.6 mil over

Saints- 11.9 mil over

Eagles- 14.4 mil over

Rams- 17.9 mil over

Bears- 20.3 mil over

these figures DO NOT include ALL (some are in there, some arent, like the Titans and 49ers recent signings aren't, but most of NE's are ). rumored signings YET.  However, they do include recent restructures and trades. There's several other teams that are now against it, assuming their rumored signings take place.  Titans, 49ers, Lions etc are all right up against it. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

according to Overthecap with an update as of 6pm EST, yesterday.

Packers- 5.6 mil over

Saints- 11.9 mil over

Eagles- 14.4 mil over

Rams- 17.9 mil over

Bears- 20.3 mil over

these figures DO NOT include ALL (some are in there, some arent, like the Titans and 49ers recent signings aren't, but most of NE's are ). rumored signings YET.  However, they do include recent restructures and trades. There's several other teams that are now against it, assuming their rumored signings take place.  Titans, 49ers, Lions etc are all right up against it. 

Do you think Colts go after any players on those teams if cut?

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Some people are easily embarrassed, I can only speak from personal experience, but I've never felt anything close to that about the organization..... The Colts run a pretty square operation in my opinion.

Now, let's go get some guys and bolster the roster 

If you are referring to my response by chance, my remark of embarrassing was directed toward the potential list of players stitches thought the Colts might sign, not the organization itself. If your response wasn't directed towards my response then no worries, my bad, if it was make sure you understand the narrative before casting dispersions please... Enjoy the day!!

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Do you think Colts go after any players on those teams if cut?

Hang on there's more.

Spotrac has the Bears, Packers, Eagles, Saints and Rams all over the cap still. They updated at 8 am. They too have some contracts in and some not. 

But they show 12 teams, counting the above, sitting on less than 9 million in capspace currently. Some of theses will have to clear something for rookie reserve, which is not set aside from those numbers yet.

Just now, csmopar said:

Hang on there's more.

Spotrac has the Bears, Packers, Eagles, Saints and Rams all over the cap still. They updated at 8 am. They too have some contracts in and some not. 

But they show 12 teams, counting the above, sitting on less than 9 million in capspace currently. Some of theses will have to clear something for rookie reserve, which is not set aside from those numbers yet.

Ballard about to look like a genius

Just now, Shafty138 said:

So George Odum is NOT happy with the low tender the Colts gave him.....tweeted "disrespected and disappointed". Hope he gets over that.......

did we confirm that was about that? Because the tweet i saw showed him replying to some MMA/Boxing match up

If we can re-sign Ty Hilton to a 2 yr deal for lets say 17 Mill = 8.5 a year, re-sign Houston to a 1 yr deal for 9 Mill, sign a WR like Samuel then the day will be a success IMO. I would then draft a LT with #21 pick without question.

Here is a question for everyone, how many WR's do we keep on the active roster? Lets say we do re-sign Hilton, sign Samuel, and assume Pittman, Pascal, and Campbell are shoe in's, that is 5 but where does that leave Patmon? Our TE's with Doyle and Cox are above average to good IMO. Samuel and Pittman would be my #1 and #2 WR's, I would move Hilton to the slot.

Archived