Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unfortunately the colts may not make the playoffs

coltsorioles

If the dolphins and ravens with both of their games, the titans and browns win 1 and the colts lose 1 they are out at 11-5.  Look at the schedule,  the ravens won't lose ( giants, bengals ). Browns play the jets.  Titans do play green bay but then the Texans.  Dolphins at raiders and at bills.  Bills may rest players.  The colts are an underdog and as we all know have trouble beating the Steelers.  Must root for Marcus mariotta and the raiders on Saturday. Of course the colts could just beat the Steelers, but if they dont they might not get in.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

So many scenarios. 

Kills you when you drop what should have been an automatic W vs Jax. Poor game plan could haunt us. 

Losing the tie breakers to a few strategic teams may bite us too.

I have said it as soon as they lost the Jags game it would cost them the season. Totally unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have said it as soon as they lost the Jags game it would cost them the season. Totally unacceptable.

It was too early to say it would, or wouldn't (cost us the season), but fairly obvious it was something that would hurt us at least as far as playoff positioning. And yes, unacceptable. 

Why you go air raid the 1st game of the season, with a new QB, covid camp, no pre-season, vs a team that is totally horrible vs the run is just BAD... 

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

This is easy......we win out and Titans choke both away. 12-4 and division champs once again!

Agreed.  All we need to do is win out, and we're in.  No matter what.  Take care of our own destiny.  We got the team to do it.  We've seem glimpses of it all year.  Let's put it all together against the Steelers and show everyone what we are capable of!

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

It was too early to say it would, or wouldn't (cost us the season), but fairly obvious it was something that would hurt us at least as far as playoff positioning. And yes, unacceptable. 

Why you go air raid the 1st game of the season, with a new QB, covid camp, no pre-season, vs a team that is totally horrible vs the run is just BAD... 

What troubles me is watching the Colts continue to struggle with receivers running wild over the middle of the field. The past half dozen games have shown this to be their defensive Achilles heel. And as I recall, this is where Minshew burned them as well in Game 1. Now they face the wily old Big Ben. Where do you think he’ll be throwing the ball? Flus will have to dial up a better game plan or it’s off to the races for the Steelers. I don’t believe the Colts can beat Pittsburgh without plugging that gaping hole in the middle of their pass D. 

Reports everywhere show the Colts with a 90 percent chance of making the post season. 

Is it possible we don’t?    Sure.    But it’s not likely that we miss out.   Not at 90 percent odds. 

But if you look at this thread, it sure feels very 50-50, maybe a little better.   Sure doesn’t feel 90-10. 

2 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

If the dolphins and ravens with both of their games, the titans and browns win 1 and the colts lose 1 they are out at 11-5.  Look at the schedule,  the ravens won't lose ( giants, bengals ). Browns play the jets.  Titans do play green bay but then the Texans.  Dolphins at raiders and at bills.  Bills may rest players.  The colts are an underdog and as we all know have trouble beating the Steelers.  Must root for Marcus mariotta and the raiders on Saturday. Of course the colts could just beat the Steelers, but if they dont they might not get in.

I’ll bet you’re the life of the party.

Yea.... we know ‘dis... i think most of us are thinking more of beating Pitt and Jax and the stars aligning properly.

38 minutes ago, Hoose said:

What troubles me is watching the Colts continue to struggle with receivers running wild over the middle of the field. The past half dozen games have shown this to be their defensive Achilles heel. And as I recall, this is where Minshew burned them as well in Game 1. Now they face the wily old Big Ben. Where do you think he’ll be throwing the ball? Flus will have to dial up a better game plan or it’s off to the races for the Steelers. I don’t believe the Colts can beat Pittsburgh without plugging that gaping hole in the middle of their pass D. 

Yes, Minshew against our D was a micro brain surgeon All Pro playing Hasbro Operation (for ages 6+).

I am indeed worried about the shallow and intermediate seam vs Big Ben, but also worried about getting burnt deep. Our middle fielder is terrific with what's in front of him, but has shown very vulnerable deep. And a guy like Claypool can go long, and regardless where he is, he's great at fighting for the ball. 

13 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I’ll bet you’re the life of the party.

Yea.... we know ‘dis... i think most of us are thinking more of beating Pitt and Jax and the stars aligning properly.

And since the Packers are going to obliterate the Titans Sunday, we win the division!

Just now, Superman said:

And since the Packers are going to obliterate the Titans Sunday, we win the division!

Packers need this game.  I can see Titans losing.  
We need this one.  

How we play this week may not only make or break the season, but it will definitely say slot about this team i think.

Their D has some issues, and I’m anxious to see Buckner and Autry against that OL.  They’ve had some issues there too.

I actually think we match up well.  It will be on us being focused for 60 mins and good coaching.  Two area they are usually pretty solid.

Pretty clear - the OP wrote this so he (or she) could say "I told you so."  That said - "IF a frog had wings..."

7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Packers need this game.  I can see Titans losing.  
We need this one.  

How we play this week may not only make or break the season, but it will definitely say slot about this team i think.

Their D has some issues, and I’m anxious to see Buckner and Autry against that OL.  They’ve had some issues there too.

I actually think we match up well.  It will be on us being focused for 60 mins and good coaching.  Two area they are usually pretty solid.

Coverage has been rocky lately. They get rid of the ball quickly so I think our secondary and LBers need to be at their best. A big special teams play would be nice to see.

Also, I'm very tired of Derrick Henry destroying the entire league. It would be nice to see the Packers shut him down.

I don't think this scenario plays out, especially the part about the Dolphins winning out - in fact, I  could easily see them losing both of their remaining games. This weekend will be Marcus Mariota's 1st start as a Raiders, after 10 days off having played last Thursday and he'll be matched up against fellow Samoan Tua Tagovailoa, so you know he'll want to represent. 

The following week they play the Bills, who may need that game to either win the AFC East or possibly even a higher seed in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

and he'll be matched up against fellow Samoan Tua Tagovailoa, so you know he'll want to represent. 

This has to be a first in the NFL. As a Poly I'm proud, but I will route against the hometown kid (Tua) and hope for a Raiders win to help The Colts.

For The Shoe. 

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Also, I'm very tired of Derrick Henry destroying the entire league. It would be nice to see the Packers shut him down.

They won't, but if Rodgers can get ahead on the Titans by 2 TDs, Henry becomes less of a factor, IMO. 

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

So they could miss the playoffs - but they could also move up in the seedings and win the division.

Are there scenarios where they could move up tot he #2 or 3 seed?

Yes, there are scenarios where we get the #2 seed.  These last two weeks are CRAZY.

9 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Yes, there are scenarios where we get the #2 seed.  These last two weeks are CRAZY.

I'm playing with the machine right now, and that one isn't even as crazy a scenario as I thought. If we win out, and Buffalo loses out, and the Browns and Titans both lose at least one of their remaining games, we'd get the #2 spot. So we have to finish ahead of those three teams.

Probably not gonna happen, and getting #2 isn't as big a prize as it used to be.

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

This is easy......we win out and Titans choke both away. 12-4 and division champs once again!

Titans don't need to choke both away, they only need to lose at G.B. and can win their last game and will be 11-5.  Colts win in Pitt and at home vs. Jax they go 12-4 and win the division.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yuppers.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm playing with the machine right now, and that one isn't even as crazy a scenario as I thought. If we win out, and Buffalo loses out, and the Browns and Titans both lose at least one of their remaining games, we'd get the #2 spot. So we have to finish ahead of those three teams.

Probably not gonna happen, and getting #2 isn't as big a prize as it used to be.

Don’t think Cleveland would have to lose any. Pretty sure if Cleveland wins out and tie with Pitt at 12-4, Pitt wins division and we’d still be 2nd seed (assuming Buff loses out too, as you said). 

Archived