Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unfortunately the colts may not make the playoffs

coltsorioles

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, but No.   More things would have to happen.

Colts lose to Pitt and beat J’Ville and we’re 11-5.

Miami, which is 7th, has to beat the Bills in Buffalo in week 17. 

Baltimore has to win out.  

It’s more than just one Colts loss and one Baltimore win.  

I was referring  to the playoff picture.  If we lose ravens move in and we are on outside looking in. Then would to depebd on other teams to lose to get back in

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/21/2020 at 3:05 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I have said it as soon as they lost the Jags game it would cost them the season. Totally unacceptable.

Same here they were not ready looked like they thought it was and easy win. I do not want to here it was the 1st game if we lose today might as well let the Jags win next week so they can not get Lawrence :wall:

It is amazing how some have no faith in the Colts but yet the same people think Miami can just waltz into cold Buffalo and win lmao . Whatever, this doom and gloom stuff is hilarious. Yes Buffalo will be playing for a 2 seed If Pitt does win today meaning 2 home games, comfort of being at home, no travel, and their kind of weather. 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is amazing how some have no faith in the Colts but yet the same people think Miami can just waltz into cold Buffalo and win lmao . Whatever, this doom and gloom stuff is hilarious. Yes Buffalo will be playing for a 2 seed If Pitt does win today meaning 2 home games, comfort of being at home, no travel, and their kind of weather. 

its the different situations that have me worried . Steelers just lost 3 in a row and have be embarrassed , they will come out with emotion .  while the dolphins will be in a must win with the bills who will be looking to the playoffs .   colts are a better team then the dolphins no doubt .   If the steelers have not been beating the you know what out of us for 12 years it would be different .  I picked the colts to win earlier in the week but now i am not so sure .

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its the different situations that have me worried . Steelers just lost 3 in a row and have be embarrassed , they will come out with emotion .  while the dolphins will be in a must win with the bills who will be looking to the playoffs .   colts are a better team then the dolphins no doubt .   If the steelers have not been beating the you know what out of us for 12 years it would be different .  I picked the colts to win earlier in the week but now i am not so sure .

If Pitt wins today Buffalo knows there would be chance they could play at Pitt in the Divisional Round. I think they would rather be at home, crowd or no crowd. I think Buffalo will steamroll Miami but that is JMO. I heard this morning that Miami's coach said Tua is starting next week which to me is good news because Fitzpatrick tends to pull stuff out of his rear lmao . None of it will matter though if we win today, just have to see how it plays out.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Pitt wins today Buffalo knows there would be chance they could play at Pitt in the Divisional Round. I think they would rather be at home, crowd or no crowd. I think Buffalo will steamroll Miami but that is JMO. I heard this morning that Miami's coach said Tua is starting next week which to me is good news because Fitzpatrick tends to pull stuff out of his rear lmao . None of it will matter though if we win today, just have to see how it plays out.

my point is that when you have a young team like the bills they tend to look ahead to the playoffs . the game is not a must win for them , that is why i am worried .

20 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

my point is that when you have a young team like the bills they tend to look ahead to the playoffs . the game is not a must win for them , that is why i am worried .

And playing for a better seeding is not the super motivator that fans think it is. The game is a toss up.

The Colts could very well make the playoffs, go on a tear, and win the SB. 

These hypothetical are fun! Let's do more! 

Next season, they could very well just blow teams out of the water, go on another tear in the playoffs, and win a second SB giving Indy 3 SBs. 

Whats crazy is, in 2022, the Colts could go undefeated all the way through the SB and become the next greatest franchise in NFL history. Giving the Colts 4 SBs and 3 straight Lombardi trophies!!! 

What a great hypothetical series of events! 

Excuse me while I go wipe the sarcasm off my mouth....... 

Okay im back... this thread is pointless. 

12 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The Colts could very well make the playoffs, go on a tear, and win the SB. 

These hypothetical are fun! Let's do more! 

Next season, they could very well just blow teams out of the water, go on another tear in the playoffs, and win a second SB giving Indy 3 SBs. 

Whats crazy is, in 2022, the Colts could go undefeated all the way through the SB and become the next greatest franchise in NFL history. Giving the Colts 4 SBs and 3 straight Lombardi trophies!!! 

What a great hypothetical series of events! 

Excuse me while I go wipe the sarcasm off my mouth....... 

Okay im back... this thread is pointless. 

It is just fun to be able talk about playoff possibilities, we still have 2 more meaningful games till the end. Compared to last season, this season is a joy.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

If the steelers have not been beating the you know what out of us for 12 years it would be different .  I picked the colts to win earlier in the week but now i am not so sure .

The Steelers Dominance over us has been going on for more than 12 years. 

We are 2-16 in last 18 meetings and even more carnage when we played in Baltimore.  Not to mention many playoff losses. 

http://mcubed.net/nfl/pit/ind.shtml

48 minutes ago, coltsva said:

And playing for a better seeding is not the super motivator that fans think it is. The game is a toss up.

Buffalo will win the game by at least 7-10 points. If they don't they will have to play bad and Miami will have to play great. I guess anything can happen lmao . At least I am not worried about it, it is fun reading people that are worried about it, that is why I love this forum :thmup:

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Buffalo will win the game by at least 7-10 points. If they don't they will have to play bad and Miami will have to play great. I guess anything can happen lmao . At least I am not worried about it, it is fun reading people that are worried about it, that is why I love this forum :thmup:

90% of forum Key And Peele Reaction GIF

19 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Steelers Dominance over us has been going on for more than 12 years. 

We are 2-16 in last 18 meetings and even more carnage when we played in Baltimore.  Not to mention many playoff losses. 

http://mcubed.net/nfl/pit/ind.shtml

i know i mostly was talking about its been 12 years since the colts beat the steelers . 

:ranton:

Is it too early to start drinking? Some of you all are accepting defeat before the battle starts. The only difference between a victim and a hero is the mindset in which they enter the situation. Same can be said for winning and losing. If you go into a game or a fight thinking you will lose, then you have already lost before it started. Go in believing you can pull off a win may not guarantee a win, but odds are you’ll perform better.

I pray that not a single Colts player or coach reads this forum especially this thread. Or if they do, they use it as motivation. There’s a bunch of defeatists in this thread and have been for 3 weeks now. If not longer. 

how about we knock off the sky is falling crap and cheer and root for our team and show them some damn support. I ain’t saying to be all rosey but good grief Charlie Brown and that dang Donkey from Winney the Poi have more optimistic outlooks than a lot of you do. 

:rantoff:

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Is it too early to start drinking? Some of you all are accepting defeat before the battle starts. The only difference between a victim and a hero is the mindset in which they enter the situation. Same can be said for winning and losing. If you go into a game or a fight thinking you will lose, then you have already lost before it started. Go in believing you can pull off a win may not guarantee a win, but odds are you’ll perform better.

I pray that not a single Colts player or coach reads this forum especially this thread. Or if they do, they use it as motivation. There’s a bunch of defeatists in this thread and have been for 3 weeks now. If not longer. 

how about we knock off the sky is falling crap and cheer and root for our team and show them some damn support. I ain’t saying to be all rosey but good grief Charlie Brown and that dang Donkey from Winney the Poi have more optimistic outlooks than a lot of you do. 

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Great post. I have nothing to add :thmup:

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I ain’t saying to be all rosey but good grief Charlie Brown and that dang Donkey from Winney the Poi have more optimistic outlooks than a lot of you do. 

^THIS X1000! From my POV some posters seem to think that being overly negative is the “cool” thing to do. It truly makes you wonder if they are actually fans, or something else....There’s a fine line of demarcation between being optimistic and being frustrated when a result doesn’t go your way. Have a coke and a smile and enjoy the ride :applause:

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth....

After Saturday’s games, even with the Miami win, the odds fir the Colts to make the playoffs only fall to 82%.   An 8 percent drop, that’s it.    This is according to ESPN.   And this kind of info typically gets confirmed by the NFL itself. 

The Colts were ranked 6th in the AFC

The odd team out right now appears to be..... Baltimore. 

It's because Buffalo will be playing for the #2 seed if both they and Pitt win today. Home vs Miami in a game that mattered would put their win probability at about 2-1 . We are a pick today so the odds of us winning at Pitt and Miami losing at buff is 1/2 X 1/3 = 1/6 or 5-1. Sonassuming we beat Jack there is a 80 % chance we beat Pitt while Miami loses to Buffalo. Now add in the other "small factors  like Balt losing a game , Cleve losing 2 games and us losing to jack and you end up with the 82%. I'm assuming that Pitt will be a 7 point favorite and Pitt game is E. Right now some sites have our game a pick while a few have us -1. It's been moving back and forth since we lost the 2 T's.

11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

It's because Buffalo will be playing for the #2 seed if both they and Pitt win today. Home vs Miami in a game that mattered would put their win probability at about 2-1 . We are a pick today so the odds of us winning at Pitt and Miami losing at buff is 1/2 X 1/3 = 1/6 or 5-1. Sonassuming we beat Jack there is a 80 % chance we beat Pitt while Miami loses to Buffalo. Now add in the other "small factors  like Balt losing a game , Cleve losing 2 games and us losing to jack and you end up with the 82%. I'm assuming that Pitt will be a 7 point favorite and Pitt game is E. Right now some sites have our game a pick while a few have us -1. It's been moving back and forth since we lost the 2 T's.

I think Pitt is favored by 2.5 but they are at home is why. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Based on what happened last night, I’m sure Buffalo will prepare to face the announced starter in Tua but will also prepare for the very real possibility that he is once again pulled for Fitzpatrick if Miami’s offense stalls, especially in this “must have” game for the Dolphins – the Raiders weren’t prepared to face the wily veteran, but the Bills will definitely be.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Counting on someone else to come through for you in a big spot will most often lead to disappointment. 

take care of your own business when you get the opportunity.

57 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

So to get in the colts have to win next week and any 1 of the following has to happen. Ravens lose, browns lose, dolphins lose , titans lose both. 

As of now Vegas has the following odds to make playoffs

Ravens 96.2

Colts 76.1

Dolphins 70.9

Browns 60.1

52 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Well knew this would happen. Don't  deserve  playoffs  after blowing  that lead.

If we get in, we deserve it by having a top 7 record. If we don't get in, then our own fault for losing to two of the teams we finish tied with, and blowing today's game. Rooting for us to get in, but at peace with whatever happens (thanks to a hour to cool down).

Might as well put this here as well

Jets did us a big favor.

We now have 4 avenues to still make the playoffs.

1. Win next week, Titans lose both games, we win division.

2. Win next week, Browns lose to Steelers

3. Win next week Ravens lose to Bengals

4. Win next week Dolphins lose to Bills.

So, it's not all doom and gloom, but this one hurt.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Might as well put this here as well

Jets did us a big favor.

We now have 4 avenues to still make the playoffs.

1. Win next week, Titans lose both games, we win division.

2. Win next week, Browns lose to Steelers

3. Win next week Ravens lose to Bengals

4. Win next week Dolphins lose to Bills.

So, it's not all doom and gloom, but this one hurt.

Jets did us an enormous favor, before this week Clev had a 92.4% of getting in now they are first team out with 60.1 % chance. Our loss decreased our chance by 14.1 % (From 90.2 to 76.1%), their loss 32.3%...

Most Likely we beat Jags and Balt beats Cinn while Buff beat Miami and Pitt beats Clev.

5)Balt

6)Indy

7)Mia

Out Clev

Archived