Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unfortunately the colts may not make the playoffs

coltsorioles

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Of course, if Pitt doesn’t get their act together soon, they’ll end up 11-5. 

Yeah I was just going to say they were down 10-0 to the Bengals. 

It's always a good day when the Patriots and or the Steelers lose. 

Disliking Pittsburgh and New England ,   giphy.gif&ehk=VMPGs2zJKvzFhShNbkmfobKpT3

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Let's just hope we learned, and we run the D ball. 

I know u commented on my criticism of Pittman. I wasnt really condeming his play. I know he is a rookie. My biggest issue with him is his offsides. It almost cost the Colts a game. Unacceptable for a wr who was suppose to b polished coming out of college. It makes me wonder if he hss his head in the game.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I know u commented on my criticism of Pittman. I wasnt really condeming his play. I know he is a rookie. My biggest issue with him is his offsides. It almost cost the Colts a game. Unacceptable for a wr who was suppose to b polished coming out of college. It makes me wonder if he hss his head in the game.

Polished route running and blocking, not polished NFL pro. He, like 99% of rooks, polished or not, are still adapting to the increased speed of the game, new plays, new QB, and at the same time, trying to be 100% perfect will playing 100% hard.

All in all, "thinking" too much instead of just being comfortable and playing. I have zero problems with mental mistakes from rooks. If he does it year two, I'll jump in with criticism as it is not something he did in college. If he had a track record of that stuff, I'd be more critical now.

In short, mental mistakes should be assumed year 1. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

At this point is anyone worried about thr Steelers? This team is a joke.

If we lose to this team we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

I'm only slightly concerned, as the last team with a pulse that the Colts beat was the Packers (maybe an argument for the Raiders having a pulse).

Last playoff team we played, we got our doors blown off (although we were down several key starters). 

7 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I'm only slightly concerned, as the last team with a pulse that the Colts beat was the Packers (maybe an argument for the Raiders having a pulse).

Last playoff team we played, we got our doors blown off (although we were down several key starters). 

We beat the Titans as well. 

7 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Tennessee doesn’t have a pulse?   We beat them on a Thursday night on the road in November. 

1 hour ago, Daniel John said:

Now that the Steelers have lost to the Bengals, the Colts can move all the way up to the #3 seed with a win coupled with a Titans loss to the Packers. However, we can also move all the way down to #8 with a loss coupled with a Dolphins win over the Raiders. 

That's  why we need to win

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tennessee doesn’t have a pulse?   We beat them on a Thursday night on the road in November. 

Tennessee does have a pulse, and as I said in my OP, the last time we played them (they are the playoff team I referred to) at home on the 29th, we were blown out.

Personally, I think it's fair to be concerned based on that reality.  The last 3 games after that have been wins, but 2 have been against the Texans (both 1-possession games that needed last-minute fumbles to seal the game), and 1 was against a back-sliding Raiders team.

Not trying to be negative, that's just the reality right now.  Colts can prove they're ascending by beating a playoff team again on the road.

Nah, yeah I'm definitely seeing this Sunday as a genuine must win. I honestly think the odds would be against us making it in if we don't win. And we could of course get a Christmas present from the Raiders if they beat the Dolphins, but otherwise I am starting to think I was wrong about Miami's final stretch. I don't think they are going to lose. As OP said, Buffalo will likely be resting starters week 17.

The good news is I like our chances against Pittsburgh. Their offense is just not great. They may have the better defense and easily the toughest we have seen this season, but I still like our odds with how much better our offense has been in the last several weeks. And knock on wood, but we're pretty dang healthy too. 

Even if we get some luck from another team losing I just really want this win. The momentum would he huge. Then we beat the Jags and storm into the playoffs 12-4 on a 5 game winning streak and possibly the 4th seed (if Tennessee loses to GB). Yeah... you know what? That's my prediction.

i agree that they wont deserve it if they lose to the jaguars again too.  i know about any given sunday, but a super bowl team wouldnt lose to the jaguars at home when fighting for their playoff lives 

odds makers have us at about 88% to get in whatever that is worth 

44 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Nah, yeah I'm definitely seeing this Sunday as a genuine must win. I honestly think the odds would be against us making it in if we don't win. And we could of course get a Christmas present from the Raiders if they beat the Dolphins, but otherwise I am starting to think I was wrong about Miami's final stretch. I don't think they are going to lose. As OP said, Buffalo will likely be resting starters week 17.

The good news is I like our chances against Pittsburgh. Their offense is just not great. They may have the better defense and easily the toughest we have seen this season, but I still like our odds with how much better our offense has been in the last several weeks. And knock on wood, but we're pretty dang healthy too. 

Even if we get some luck from another team losing I just really want this win. The momentum would he huge. Then we beat the Jags and storm into the playoffs 12-4 on a 5 game winning streak and possibly the 4th seed (if Tennessee loses to GB). Yeah... you know what? That's my prediction.

I disagree. Steelers  had the toughest defense  before Bush  and depree got hurt. Watt and Fitzpatrick  and heyward are still threats but if their offense  continues to  play bad we should win. Also play turnover free

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Colts will finish 12-4. The #2 seed isn’t as important with it not being a bye. I agree with that. However, it means two home playoff games before meeting the Chiefs

If we won out the bills and titans lost that would be ideal and then maybe one of the bills or titans could face and knock off chiefs in second round

I’ll say this: I’ve been dreading the Steelers game for a while now. Especially as dismal as the pass D has been. However, last night’s performance by Pitt. has to give all Colts fans hope. I’m stepping away from the edge of the cliff, crossing my fingers, and wishing the Colts a Merry little Victory. Here’s to seeing Rivers in the post season!

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I disagree. Steelers  had the toughest defense  before Bush  and depree got hurt. Watt and Fitzpatrick  and heyward are still threats but if their offense  continues to  play bad we should win. Also play turnover free

I'm not sure what we disagree on. That their defense isn't better? I suppose that is fair.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Polished route running and blocking, not polished NFL pro. He, like 99% of rooks, polished or not, are still adapting to the increased speed of the game, new plays, new QB, and at the same time, trying to be 100% perfect will playing 100% hard.

All in all, "thinking" too much instead of just being comfortable and playing. I have zero problems with mental mistakes from rooks. If he does it year two, I'll jump in with criticism as it is not something he did in college. If he had a track record of that stuff, I'd be more critical now.

In short, mental mistakes should be assumed year 1. 

I would add there are also a different rule set in college than the pros too. That takes time to learn and break habits

3 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Someone remind me. if it comes down to Colts and Miami for the 7th seed and were tied with the same record with Miami...who has the tiebreaker? This is just a worst case scenario.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

several tie breakers, and also scenarios (2 teams, 3 teams). 

too many to say anything definitive given the clustering, and the South and North are still up for grabs.

21 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

If the dolphins and ravens with both of their games, the titans and browns win 1 and the colts lose 1 they are out at 11-5.  Look at the schedule,  the ravens won't lose ( giants, bengals ). Browns play the jets.  Titans do play green bay but then the Texans.  Dolphins at raiders and at bills.  Bills may rest players.  The colts are an underdog and as we all know have trouble beating the Steelers.  Must root for Marcus mariotta and the raiders on Saturday. Of course the colts could just beat the Steelers, but if they dont they might not get in.

Worse things have happened to the Colts. In 1967 with a 14 game schedule the Colts entered the last game of the season with an undefeated record of 11-0-2 and proceded to lose that last game to the Rams to finish 11-1-2 and did not make the playoffs. The only guarantee to make the playoffs is when you control your own destiny resolve to win out. There is no justice except when you earn it by controlling what you can control.

15 hours ago, coltsva said:

Don’t think Cleveland would have to lose any. Pretty sure if Cleveland wins out and tie with Pitt at 12-4, Pitt wins division and we’d still be 2nd seed (assuming Buff loses out too, as you said). 

For Pitt to go 12-4, they either have to beat us this week or Cleveland next week. If we don't win out, we can't get to #2, so that means we need to beat Pitt, then need Pitt to beat Cleveland next week, then we have at least one game on Cleveland + the head to head tie breaker over Pitt.

18 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm playing with the machine right now, and that one isn't even as crazy a scenario as I thought. If we win out, and Buffalo loses out, and the Browns and Titans both lose at least one of their remaining games, we'd get the #2 spot. So we have to finish ahead of those three teams.

Probably not gonna happen, and getting #2 isn't as big a prize as it used to be.

I didn't want to take the time to do the math but I thought it was possible. Thanks for checking that out.

The bottom line is we could go as high as #2 or as low as missing the playoffs in the last two weeks.

So we need to win the last two games.  If we don't get in I will not worry about how we might have done in the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

For Pitt to go 12-4, they either have to beat us this week or Cleveland next week. If we don't win out, we can't get to #2, so that means we need to beat Pitt, then need Pitt to beat Cleveland next week, then we have at least one game on Cleveland + the head to head tie breaker over Pitt.

Two weeks to go, and can be either #2 or left out... Bizarre year of parity in the AFC. Jax loss hurts...

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

And have Titans lose a game, coupled with Bills losing out.

Archived