Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, Nov. 29, 2020, 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not going to brag that I was right. This wasn’t hard to see coming. Injuries and covid on a short week was easy to predict. Defensive line players were the one position that we couldn’t afford to miss. Once AC went out and bad Clark came in it was over because we can’t sxore. We better pray that AC can play next week. But since he is ruled out I doubt he does. This all happened at a very bad time and the wrong game.

Except that's exactly what this post is. Now if only you owned the times, the many many times, you've been plain wrong on something you'd have a bit more respect and creditability.  

• Like 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this isn't our day, it happens in the NFL. If we do lose we are still 7-4 so it is not the end of the world.

The issue with 7-4 is that we are then the seventh seed with little room for error. Assuming a loss to Pitt, we would likely have to win out to get in the playoffs. Not to be a downer, but this game is really one we need

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Q eye roll. 

Our DBs are not impacted and look horrible. Our run D shouldn't be near as impacted by injuries, but it looks bad too.

Same old song. Bad 1st half D.

You had to figure Henry would get his yards today.  I was hoping that there would enough of the short yard stops (like we saw on the Titans 1st drive of 2nd half) to force 3rd and longs to make Tannehill have to throw in obvious passing situations.

I just dont get how they can look so bad repeatedly in 1st halves of games.  It cant just be scheme/adjustment related

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this isn't our day, it happens in the NFL. If we do lose we are still 7-4 so it is not the end of the world.

The world ends every Sunday for some posters. 

But yeah, the whole season could be chalked off to "it is what it is". Interrupted preseason, players opting out, losing players to COVID, lack of crowds etc etc. It's just a weird season and you'll see some odd outcomes for teams as a result.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

Except we don’t own any tiebreakers at the moment 

That’s the real issue. Say all of our losses were to NFC teams, then it’s not that bad. However, three of our losses would be against teams we’d be jostling against for a spot in the playoffs, the Browns Ravens and Titans

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

The issue with 7-4 is that we are then the seventh seed with little room for error. Assuming a loss to Pitt, we would likely have to win out to get in the playoffs. Not to be a downer, but this game is really one we need

It is a big loss no doubt but looking at our schedule we should go 10-6 at worse and that will get us in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

It's weird, because our offense looked great the first two drives. Now, we look like we have given up and are awful.

AC going out made a huge imapct

to the line.

16 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I won't even be mad at Rivers if he throws a couple picks in this half. We didn't bring him in to save us from 35-14 deficits.

Yea I won’t be mad, I just expect him to start trying to save the day and it won’t be good, imo.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Titans wanted it more and played like it.  They were clearly highly motived by their performance the last time they played when the Colts were highly motived coming off the Ravens loss.  I expect we will see a much more motivated team and a better effort next week.  That’s life in the NFL.

• Like 1

The Colts D line has literally had 3 penetration related run stops for short, minimal yardage that they didnt have at all in the 1st half.

Subsequently, they have forced 2 Tenn punts.

Why does it take allowing 35 pts in a half to actually start showing fight?

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah the Titans wanted it more and played like it.  They were clearly highly motived by their performance the last time they played when the Colts were highly motived coming off the Ravens loss.  I expect we will see a much more motivated team and a better effort next week.  That’s life in the NFL.

I agree. I am disappointed in our play but they played like their football lives depended on this game and it did in reality.