Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Clark's Career Over?

MIColtsFan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas can't effectively play his position with his injury. The wrist injury perhaps doesn't allow him to block as successfully as he once may have. This has made him even more one dimensional, and has greatly reduced his value.

To be honest..I thought the same thing..

Manning and Clark are friends..its my understanding

..and I'm going to guess that Dallas would have taken a one-year deal to play fot Denver where he knows Peyton can get him the ball.

Jumping to conclusions.....that means that someone has told Peyton that Clark is not 100% and doesnt know when and if he ever will be again..

..and that someone may be Dallas..

I don't know. The last couple of years have been injury riddled and when he has played, it has not been at a very high level.

I don't know if I would call the last two years injury riddled.

He suffered a season ending injury two years ago those things happen when you play as long as he has. He had a minor injury this past year that resulted in him missing time. It's not exactly like Gonzo who would miss six games come back get hurt in the first half of his game back and be out three more weeks have a set back and then miss the rest of the year. That's injury riddled to me.

My concern with Clark is that I am not sure he recovered fully from the wrist injury. Not having Peyton doesn't excuse the numbers of passes he dropped last year with the fumbles he had. I know Dallas has always had the drops at times but last year was bad even by his standard.

Is Albert Breer good for a reach too?

Not really. But Brad Wells takes Albert Breer's comment that a scout thinks Clark is "done," and turns that into a supposition that Clark's career is over. He also assumes that, because Jacob Tamme has a new contract and Clark doesn't, that Clark is done.

Clark might be done playing in the NFL. That would be pretty interesting, given how outraged people were around here when he was cut. But that's not what Breer's source said, and even after Breer clarified that, BBS just keeps going.

Full disclosure: I don't like Brad Wells. Heck, I might be reaching in my criticism of him. But this fits the pattern of lazy and inciteful "reporting" he's become known for.

"The old adage in the business that is the NFL is this: If, after the start of free agency to the beginning of the March owners meeting, you haven't signed a new deal with a team, you are either done or you're going to sign a one-year deal, vet-minimum deal."

I dont necessarily agree with this. There are still some good FA's left that will get deals.

Id like to bring him back for a year. Help our new young TE and give an extra weapon to help Luck transition.

I like that line of thought, bring in the vet, he does still have speed and the ability to be in the right place at the right time. I agree his ability to block is reduced due to the 2010 wrist injury. Drops aside, I think it's unfair to judge last years offense considering the dismal play calling, QB and coaching. Brody was injured in 2011, is he back to top form? We shall see, and Hill needs improvement also. I think unless that have some TE draft up their sleeve, Clark is an assest.

There's got to be something still wrong with Clark, or he would've been picked up already. His wrist/thumb were obviously a problem last year with a lot of dropped balls when he was playing. It's probably killing his blocking skills as well. Or if he is actually healthy, he thinks he can still get that kind of money.

Either way.......tis quite the shame.

Or maybe he is holding out hope that Indy will come back to him and say "Hey, for vet minimum, we'd like you to come back for a year and teach a new set of TE's how it's done. Then retire a Colt." You know, there's not been a lot of buzz, so maybe Clark isn't really looking too hard for somewhere else to go...could be he's not really ready to be done, but he doesn't want to play for anyone else either...just a thought...

Didnt he fail a physical? Cant remember if it was him or Bullitt (I know Brackett did).

He might get a workout down the road and maybe a cheap vet contract but I dont think he'll be a big factor for anyone at this point. He wasnt that good when he came back last season and now he's added another season ending injury. Doesnt look good for him. I wish him the best though for sure. Would be nice to see Dallas on the field again.

As a vast majority of people have suggested, prior to Dallas Clark's wrist injury, he was an exceptional blocking TE catching passes across the middle that often got him "jacked up." Even Sean Payton during the 2009 Superbowl, audio tape can be heard with Payton saying "Can somebody stop Dallas Clark please?!!!"

If Clark's wrist never does return to form, I would be hard pressed to see any NFL squad take a flyer on him even at the Vet minimum. If you can't block or catch the ball on a consistent basis, your usefulness on the field of play becomes null & void. I don't want to see Clark end his proud Colts career this way, but if I were the GM there is no way I could justify signing him to a 1 year contract either. I would work him out throwing 50-80 balls in rapid succession just to see what his pain threshold is & how many balls hit the ground. If I don't like what I see, I'm not signing him. Yes, it is cruel, but in the NFL you must balance current production Vs. locker room loyalty.

As a vast majority of people have suggested, prior to Dallas Clark's wrist injury, he was an exceptional blocking TE catching passes across the middle that often got him "jacked up." Even Sean Payton during the 2009 Superbowl, audio tape can be heard with Payton saying "Can somebody stop Dallas Clark please?!!!"

If Clark's wrist never does return to form, I would be hard pressed to see any NFL squad take a flyer on him even at the Vet minimum. If you can't block or catch the ball on a consistent basis, your usefulness on the field of play becomes null & void. I don't want to see Clark end his proud Colts career this way, but if I were the GM there is no way I could justify signing him to a 1 year contract either. I would work him out throwing 50-80 balls in rapid succession just to see what his pain threshold is & how many balls hit the ground. If I don't like what I see, I'm not signing him. Yes, it is cruel, but in the NFL you must balance current production Vs. locker room loyalty.

50-80? How about a more realistic 20-40.

As I have said for several years. Dallas Clark was a bad contract in a long list of Polian moves.

Clark.. Injury

Sanders .. Injury...

the rest of the "bad signings" please.... ???

maybe all of his starting UDFA's make up for his poo poo's?