Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Clark's Career Over?

MIColtsFan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has? last I checked he still lead him in nearly every statistical category including the all important rings argument and career points per game average so the argument that Kobe is better never has held any water , not to mention Id say its a very good possibilty Micheal Jordan was the reason Kobe loves basketball

Its not so much that it gave me a rise as it was the everything Kobe is doing or had done in the past Micheal has done. 6 championships multiple scoring titles more then Kobe actually more steals. its not that Kobe isnt as athletically gifted as Micheal because I believe athletically he was, or that Kobe wasnt as clutch because he was close to as clutch, what will be the test is if Kobey can keep it up as his career comes to a close, Micheal did

and whats with people trying to crown Lebron King, whats he the king of? other then him using 'The King" as a marketing strategy thats pure laughable

Well... I never mentioned the great imposter once in my posts.... LeFraud is a..... Fraud....

Its not so much that it gave me a rise as it was the everything Kobe is doing or had done in the past Micheal has done. 6 championships multiple scoring titles more then Kobe actually more steals. its not that Kobe isnt as athletically gifted as Micheal because I believe athletically he was, or that Kobe wasnt as clutch because he was close to as clutch, what will be the test is if Kobey can keep it up as his career comes to a close, Micheal did

Well if you want to go "there" .. Oscar Robertson is the best ever ... once again IMO

Wow. If you think you are a better evaluator of talent than Bill Polian and could have done a better job running the Colts you are absolutely DILUSIONAL! We are talking a sure fire HOF GM here. I won't pretend to defend every single draft pick but the guy was excellent at getting players that fit our schemes. Especially look at some of the late round picks that he got...Collie, Tamme, Thorton, Mathis, Garcon, Scott, June, Bethea I mean the list goes on. Players like Manning and James that weren't forgone lock picks at their positions, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney who weren't being projected to us...sure he has missed on some lately but Costanza looks like he will be ok. I mean we have been drafting at the end of the 1st round and subsequently every round for over the last decade and we have very very few busts as far as talent wise. Some injury busts but the two picks I question the most are the 2 running back picks of Addai and Brown. Running backs for this team I think can be picked up very cheap in FA and plug and play or late in the draft find talent. Those 2 I think were question marks. As far as not rebuilding the defense I really think that we have had some solid defenses over the years built to play indoors with a lead. Take away PM and you have no lead and come playoff time when we are playing elite defenses it obviously gets difficult for the offense to score and we came up short more often than not. If your not happy with our record over the last decade or more than you should just be a Patriot fan because they are the only team with more success than us. I think he did a good job. Was it time for him to go..perhaps so but I'm not going to diss him for his service.

It is very easy to go through the past and find a better position player but come on. Witten has been the one consistant threat that Romo could trust in that locker room. Also the offense is more tailored around him in Dallas as opposed to Indy where the receivers are typically the focus. I will agree 100% Witten is a better TE but man that is pretty harsh to judge Clark on that.

I will agree...Clark perhaps was a reach at the end of the 1st round but definately wouldn't have been there at the end of round 2. Drafting at the end of rounds is very difficult to get those difference makers at some positions because they typically are few at TE or CB or pass rushers so for us to find picks like Freeney, Mathis, and Clark I can't say are bad. I will say in our offense TE and RB I think Peyton could make anyone look a lot better as long as they had a pair of hands and had any ability at all because of the focus being sooo much on the receivers and the passing game. I think we could get value in middle rounds at those two positions and those are the reaches I think we made in Polians drafts.

lol just lol.... You are grasping so badly. This isn't worth responding to other than to laugh.

I still can't help but think that Dallas could be useful to us at vet minimum for a year, The reason I say this is b/c it seems we are going to have some young TE's on our squad, and his knowledge and experience could be helpful to them coming into this league...even if he doesn't play much. Just my opinion.

I do think that he will never play like he used to due to his injuries... ...I would be ok with #44 on the our roster for another year.

Dallas to me is in the top 5 TE's to play in the NFL. Granted that might be high for some, but before his injuries no one could beat him.

What do you think of this? Colts try for Fleener and if they miss then pay Clark pennies to come back. Interesting?

I like it. But what about we go for Fleener and bring Clark back for pennies to help mentor Fleenor and help make the transition from the college game to the NFL easier/smoother?

I think if Dallas was healthy, he'd be in Denver with Peyton Manning....

I think he'd told Manning he's not 100%

I think you are right Mark, he has either told Peyton he's not 100% or that he doesn't want to leave Indy and play for another team...that could be the real reason here. We can't forget, we let Dallas go. Dallas didn't go looking for somewhere else to play. Maybe it simply boils down to Clark doesn't want to be anything other than a Colt and he's holding out hope that there is a chance he will be brought back into the fold...who knows. I could speculate on this all day.

I think you are right Mark, he has either told Peyton he's not 100% or that he doesn't want to leave Indy and play for another team...that could be the real reason here. We can't forget, we let Dallas go. Dallas didn't go looking for somewhere else to play. Maybe it simply boils down to Clark doesn't want to be anything other than a Colt and he's holding out hope that there is a chance he will be brought back into the fold...who knows. I could speculate on this all day.

You may be right...He probably has some of his money left...He's almost 33 and he's been in Indy almost 10 years...

..and he may simply just not want to leave his home....anymore..

I cant blame him......if that's true

You may be right...He probably has some of his money left...He's almost 33 and he's been in Indy almost 10 years...

..and he may simply just not want to leave his home....anymore..

I cant blame him......if that's true

I hope you are both right....would love him back at the right price. It would make some fans happy too.

I hope Dallas somehow ends up back with the Colts as well, but what I don't think a lot of people know is that Dallas and his family has opened their own winery within the last year. "Trainwreck Winery" (no, I'm not joking...it even has a Facebook page) is open and operating in his home state of Iowa.

Maybe he will just concentrate on the new business if he is unable to play?