Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

krunk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a good day for knees

Have to wonder if the whacky offseason has much to do with this... I get that starters don't play all that much in preseason, but I'm not thinking just about pre-season games -- everything started later this year and it seems like most training camps had less contact drills than normal.

20 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Lewis.  He had a sack today.

Hopefully Lewis turns it around, it seems like he was the training camp MVP... though, he was injured or battling nagging injuries for the larger part of his NFL career up to this point.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it’s just a sprain of those ligaments and no tears that is pretty good news.  It might be more like weeks rather then months.

My understanding is that sprains are essentially tears in the ligaments... it's just partial and not complete tear.

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

My understanding is that sprains are essentially tears in the ligaments... it's just partial and not complete tear.

Let’s hope it is like a grade one sprain. Looks like that means no tear while a grade three is a partial tear. I imagine until swelling is down they might not know the full extent. Keefer said surgery is a possibility. Probably won’t know more until after swelling is down. I feel so bad for the kid. Is OSU loading their kids up with HGH. Is their conditioning program bad. Makes no sense. What’s crazy is all his injuries I believe have come on gaget plays. Maybe we need to just stop with those and concentrate on WR.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That was the IR designated to return list, but they got rid of it a couple years ago. Now you don't have to designate a player for him to return. 

It's all moot this season; any player can return after three weeks, and I don't think there's any limitation on how many players you can return, or for what reason. So I figure Parris goes on IR now, but that won't tell us anything about his timetable. If he has surgery, that will likely indicate his season is over.

This is how IR should work in future year, too, imho. 

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich said it was both at his presser today. They don't know yet a timetable. They don't yet know if he'll need a procedure.

Yup.  @AWalkerColts has it up on the colts site

https://www.colts.com/news/parris-campbell-malik-hooker-rock-ya-sin-injury-updates

» Campbell suffered a knee injury early in the first quarter of Sunday's 28-11 victory over the Minnesota Vikings at Lucas Oil Stadium, and did not return. Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out. "We're going to just continue to evaluate his injury, really to make the determination on his status," Reich said. "So we'll leave that up to the doctors. Not sure if he's going to need a procedure yet. We'll defer to our doctors and training staff there." Others at the wide receiver position who got added reps in Sunday's game with Campbell out included Daurice Fountain and Ashton Dulin, while Dezmon Patmon, who was inactive against the Vikings, is also on the 53-man roster. DeMichael Harris, who like Campbell also plays in the slot, is also an option on the Colts' practice squad.

8 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Holder says it’s both. Somebody else saying that?

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jim ayello is reporting that. He also said a source says he has a low chance of returning this season.

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Pelissero is saying it's both too. 

5 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich said it was both at his presser today. They don't know yet a timetable. They don't yet know if he'll need a procedure.

I was hoping for an MCL only, but always felt there could possibly be more (but not an ACL). The MCL generally has a high potential to heal conservatively, non-surgically, on its own. Nevertheless, there appears to be a lower threshold to surgically address the medial ligament if a significant instability also exists because of a PCL injury and deficient knee.  They are likely checking these scenarios out, thus the delay in deciding on the upcoming healing plan.

9 minutes ago, dw49 said:

From what I'm reading , it's unlikely that he plays again this year. 

That is a real possibility, depending on the decided medical correction/healing plan.

16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s hope it is like a grade one sprain. Looks like that means no tear while a grade three is a partial tear. I imagine until swelling is down they might not know the full extent. Keefer said surgery is a possibility. Probably won’t know more until after swelling is down. I feel so bad for the kid. Is OSU loading their kids up with HGH. Is their conditioning program bad. Makes no sense. What’s crazy is all his injuries I believe have come on gaget plays. Maybe we need to just stop with those and concentrate on WR.

I can’t believe this post got a like. It deserves ridicule and not a like. 

OSU is a multi million dollar business. I am sure their strength training, conditioning and nutrition are handled by Hans and Franz from SNL. 

So only run him on “WR” plays. Are the moves and potential for hits less so on a WR play than on a gadget play?  

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The beat indicator on the severity of an injury? The player in most cases. He was crying. I think he himself knows that his season is over but we shall c.

I'm not sure that's a good indicator.  Parris like us probably initially suspected that he tore his ACL.  So his emotions at the time would have been on the basis of the feared injury.  

That said I am guessing it will likely be a while.  The fact that they are not giving any kind of time table seems to indicate that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much about it.  If he does return it will likely be late in the season.  

27 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm not sure that's a good indicator.  Parris like (MOST OF) us probably initially suspected that he tore his ACL.  So his emotions at the time would have been on the basis of the feared injury.  

That said I am guessing it will likely be a while.  The fact that they are not giving any kind of time table seems to indicate that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much about it.  If he does return it will likely be late in the season.  

Fixed it for you.  When I saw the hit on the outside of the knee, It said MCL to me.  To what grade was/is unknown. But the replays I had were inconclusive if there was also any frontal impact (which may lead to a possible PCL injury as well).  That's why I was reserved and that there could be more.  And if the reports that he also has a PCL injury, that complicates matters, significantly lengthens rehab time, and maybe even suggest internal interventional remedies that might end his season. I await updates.

It’s all going to depend if he needs surgery. If it heals own there is a chance. If he needs surgery he is probably done. It’s so sad this has happened his first two years in the league. Praying he can have a successful final two seasons. It’s all just been bad luck. Someone  running into your knee by accident. Pittman said today Paris is his big brother. Kind of funny since Pittman is older then Campbell I believe. Pittman is actually renting Paris old rental house as Paris and his fiancé bought their first house in Indy.  

8 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I can’t believe this post got a like. It deserves ridicule and not a like. 

OSU is a multi million dollar business. I am sure their strength training, conditioning and nutrition are handled by Hans and Franz from SNL. 

So only run him on “WR” plays. Are the moves and potential for hits less so on a WR play than on a gadget play?  

I just thought it’s interesting.  I believe all his injuries have come on gadget plays. I was just asking the question about OSU. It’s worth asking because it is happening a lot. There was no reason to be rude.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s all going to depend if he needs surgery. If it heals own there is a chance. If he needs surgery he is probably done. It’s so sad this has happened his first two years in the league. Praying he can have a successful final two seasons. It’s all just been bad luck. Someone  running into your knee by accident. Pittman said today Paris is his big brother. Kind of funny since Pittman is older then Campbell I believe. Pittman is actually renting Paris old rental house as Paris and his fiancé bought their first house in Indy.  

that is funny.  This kid has had rough luck in the field.  Man he looked good as far as he got.

21 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fixed it for you.  When I saw the hit on the outside of the knee, It said MCL to me.  To what grade was/is unknown. But the replays I had were inconclusive if there was also any frontal impact (which may lead to a possible PCL injury as well).  That's why I was reserved and that there could be more.  And if the reports that he also has a PCL injury, that complicates matters, significantly lengthens rehab time, and maybe even suggest internal interventional remedies that might end his season. I await updates.

I said the same thing at the time. I don't practice medicine...but it just did not look like your typical ACL tear. It's sad that I have seen enough of those to know the difference.

28 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I said the same thing at the time. I don't practice medicine...but it just did not look like your typical ACL tear. It's sad that I have seen enough of those to know the difference.

True, and I'd wager more ACL are non contact than contact. Sure, player may be engaged and even take contact, but injury too often occurs on the non contact side during the play. Much less often is an ACL a direct contact injury... but still can be.

Any official word?  I'm saying if it is either 'just' and MCL, or 'just' a PCL, he might be ready to come off IR after the 3 weeks or so. If both, things get more complicated.  But I've never heard definitive that it is both, just many reports.  If anyone knows with certainty, let me know who/where please.  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Any official word?  I'm saying if it is either 'just' and MCL, or 'just' a PCL, he might be ready to come off IR after the 3 weeks or so. If both, things get more complicated.  But I've never heard definitive that it is both, just many reports.  If anyone knows with certainty, let me know who/where please.

Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out.

From an article 2 days ago at:

https://www.colts.com/news/parris-campbell-malik-hooker-rock-ya-sin-injury-updates

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

True, and I'd wager more ACL are non contact than contact. Sure, player may be engaged and even take contact, but injury too often occurs on the non contact side during the play. Much less often is an ACL a direct contact injury... but still can be.

Any official word?  I'm saying if it is either 'just' and MCL, or 'just' a PCL, he might be ready to come off IR after the 3 weeks or so. If both, things get more complicated.  But I've never heard definitive that it is both, just many reports.  If anyone knows with certainty, let me know who/where please.  Thanks.

I was golfing on Saturday...and an older man in the group in front of us was teeing off and just went straight down after swinging. Like you said...very often a non-contact injury.

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out.

From an article 2 days ago at:

Thanks. I'm not sure I trust Reich or Ballard at 100% on medical information, but I guess that's the best we can get for now.

Archived