Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible predictions for 2020 colts

CR91

Now I'm not saying the bottom predictions will happen, but I could see the argument for them happening. You can add a prediction you could see happening as well.

- Mack and Taylor combine for 2000 yards

- Leonard wins defensive player of the year

- Eason starts this season

- Turay leads the team in sacks

- Pittman has more yards and touchdowns then Hilton

- Hines leads the team in catches

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Now I'm not saying the bottom predictions will happen, but I could see the argument for them happening. You can add a prediction you could see happening as well.

Agree with all but Eason and Hines.

1. We will go 10-6 and win the division

2. Taylor will gain over 1000 (1012) yards on the ground, Mack will gain 1000 exactly lmao = 2 1000 yard runners :thmup:. Hines will gain another 250 on the ground but will have at least 40 catches = almost same as last year.

3. Phil we still throw for 3600 yards, I will say 25 TD's/15 INT's.

4. Here is my bold prediction, we will be in the AFC Title Game.

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

10,000 total yards on offense 

giving up 500 yards total on defense
123 strip sacks 
5 blocked kick offs 

a Colts blimp 

a Super Bowl victory 

Time Magazines Team of the Decade 

C'mon. Can't you think of something bold?

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. We will go 10-6 and win the division

2. Taylor will gain over 1000 (1012) yards on the ground, Mack will gain 1000 exactly lmao = 2 1000 yard runners :thmup:. Hines will gain another 250 on the ground but will have at least 40 catches = almost same as last year.

3. Phil we still throw for 3600 yards, I will say 25 TD's/15 INT's.

4. Here is my bold prediction, we will be in the AFC Title Game.

I think that’s reasonable

9-7 and a fringe playoff team.  We will lose some games many expect to win and pull off a couple of upsets along the way. Injuries (as always) will make the reality for this team look different than it does on paper.  Pittman, Buckner and Taylor are bright spots.  Rivers is what he is but manages to cut his interceptions to under 20 due to the improved run game. Eason sits and learns.

- They will play all 16 games

- They will win some, they will lose some

- Chris Ballard will once again prove he is indeed the %

- No matter how good the season turns out there will still be people here who will complain

- The sun will still rise and the sun will still set each day

30 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

- They will play all 16 games

- They will win some, they will lose some

- Chris Ballard will once again prove he is indeed the %

- No matter how good the season turns out there will still be people here who will complain

- The sun will still rise and the sun will still set each day

I can get on board with all of these except the last one. The way this year's been going...

Bush fires, pandemic, Kobe, recession, floods, earthquakes, murder hornets...

I'm not ready to bank on your last prediction just yet!

@Jacksonville W

vsMinnesota W

vsNew York W

@Chicago W

@Cleveland W

vsCincinnati W

7BYE WEEK 6-0 

@Detroit W

vsBaltimore L

@Tennessee L

vsGreen Bay W

vsTennessee W

@Houston L

@Las Vegas W

vsHouston W

@Pittsburgh W

vsJacksonville W

13-3

I have us going 10-6 with a ceiling of 12-4 and a floor of 9-7.  

I think it will be a battle for the division title with Houston and Tennessee.  

We need to be at least 4-2 by the bye week.   

Even thought it is not a division game, I think the week 9 game against Baltimore may be the most important game of the season.  We should beat Detroit coming out of our bye week and then it is Baltimore before a continued tough stretch.   The confidence gained with a win over the Ravens could be a difference maker.  

7BYE WEEK 

@Detroit 

vsBaltimore 

@Tennessee 

vsGreen Bay 

vsTennessee 

@Houston 

@Las Vegas 

vsHouston 

@Pittsburgh 

vsJacksonville 

Mack plays with a chip and runs for 1400+ yards.

Rivers and Hilton have instant chemistry and Hilton leads teams in receptions, yards and touchdowns.

Buckner is as advertised, leads the D to a top 3 ranking.

Ballard adds to the team during the season and makes a big trade. 

29 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Mack plays with a chip and runs for 1400+ yards.

Rivers and Hilton have instant chemistry and Hilton leads teams in receptions, yards and touchdowns.

Buckner is as advertised, leads the D to a top 3 ranking.

Ballard adds to the team during the season and makes a big trade. 

Are you thinking a Brissett trade?

On 5/8/2020 at 6:44 AM, CR91 said:

Possible. If both stay healthy I'd even say likely.

Bold. I doubt it, 

Very bold. IMO not very likely. 

This one I actually like as a prediction but there are some things going against it - return from the injury(will he be the same athletically after?), he was playing only about 30% of snaps last year - he was doing really well in those, but IMO in order to lead the team in sacks he will need to bump that to at least around 55-60% of the snaps. 

I can see this one happening. Pittman is more along the lines of the receivers Rivers has had success with than Hilton. But still... Kind of bold. 

I kind of feel like Hines will suffer be the ones that suffers from the addition of the new weapons on the team. I will pass on this one. 

Here's mine:

-Rivers throws for 4K yards and 35 TDs, Colts have top 10 offense. 

-Trey Burton goes for over 700 yards and over 5 TDs

-Jonathan Taylor goes for 1500 yards. This is my boldest one IMO

-Marvell Tell is the starter at ourside corner by the end of the season

-Buckner deforests opponents. 10+ sacks rushing from the inside. 

-Malik has a great season and gets more money on his next contract than the Colts decline to pay him on his 5th year option. 

- Pinter will replace Glowinski at some point

- Kelly will not make the final 53

- Hooker is going to break out in his contract season 

- Hines will have his best season by far

- Mack will become the #2 back by week 5

- as much as I hate to say this, Rivers is going to struggle hard and Jacoby will replace him as the starting QB

On 5/9/2020 at 1:43 PM, stitches said:

Possible. If both stay healthy I'd even say likely.

Bold. I doubt it, 

Very bold. IMO not very likely. 

This one I actually like as a prediction but there are some things going against it - return from the injury(will he be the same athletically after?), he was playing only about 30% of snaps last year - he was doing really well in those, but IMO in order to lead the team in sacks he will need to bump that to at least around 55-60% of the snaps. 

I can see this one happening. Pittman is more along the lines of the receivers Rivers has had success with than Hilton. But still... Kind of bold. 

I kind of feel like Hines will suffer be the ones that suffers from the addition of the new weapons on the team. I will pass on this one. 

Here's mine:

-Rivers throws for 4K yards and 35 TDs, Colts have top 10 offense. 

-Trey Burton goes for over 700 yards and over 5 TDs

-Jonathan Taylor goes for 1500 yards. This is my boldest one IMO

-Marvell Tell is the starter at ourside corner by the end of the season

-Buckner deforests opponents. 10+ sacks rushing from the inside. 

-Malik has a great season and gets more money on his next contract than the Colts decline to pay him on his 5th year option. 

Rivers throwing 35 tds is very bold. There is no way Tell starts over Rock or Rhodes unless one gets hurt or completely falls off a cliff. 

41 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

- as much as I hate to say this, Rivers is going to struggle hard and Jacoby will replace him as the starting QB

If Rivers does struggle, might as well give the reins to Eason. We already know what we have in Brissett.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If Rivers does struggle, might as well give the reins to Eason. We already know what we have in Brissett.

Yes, that’s what you or I would do but what would the coaches do? Especially when you constantly hear ballard say “we like what we have in Jacoby” or  “we still think Jacoby could be our franchise quarterback” or “Jacoby is our #2 guy” or “Eason was a 4th round pick, he may not even make the team.” I have high hopes for Eason but I don’t expect him to even dress for a game this year unless Phillip or Jacoby have some sort of injury.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We went all in to win it this year.  There is no way they would turn to Eason with Brissett on the roster. 

What exactly has Brissett shown to turn to him if Rivers fails to produce?

3 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Yes, that’s what you or I would do but what would the coaches do? Especially when you constantly hear ballard say “we like what we have in Jacoby” or  “we still think Jacoby could be our franchise quarterback” or “Jacoby is our #2 guy” or “Eason was a 4th round pick, he may not even make the team.” I have high hopes for Eason but I don’t expect him to even dress for a game this year unless Phillip or Jacoby have some sort of injury.

They've been saying that since 2017. Brissett is nothing more then a backup regardless of what Reich and Ballard say.

21 minutes ago, CR91 said:

This doesn't even make sense. No offense, but if they do indeed know what they have in Brissett, which even while being injured during the season is about a .500 QB.......why in hell would they use a rookie and possibly sink the season?

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

This doesn't even make sense. No offense, but if they do indeed know what they have in Brissett, which even while being injured during the season is about a .500 QB.......why in hell would they use a rookie and possibly sink the season?

Took the words right out of my mouth!

7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

...and his confidence before he is ready.

12 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

...and his confidence before he is ready.

How is it a tank move? He would basically get the same protection and run game as Rivers. Atleast with Eason, he'll throw past 10 yards

23 hours ago, CR91 said:

How is it a tank move? He would basically get the same protection and run game as Rivers. Atleast with Eason, he'll throw past 10 yards

It’s a tank move because we know we can win with Jacoby we don’t know if we can with Eason. Starting Eason would be the equivalent of the coaching staff saying we have no chance this year, so let’s see what we have on the bench and cross our fingers.

19 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

It’s a tank move because we know we can win with Jacoby we don’t know if we can with Eason. Starting Eason would be the equivalent of the coaching staff saying we have no chance this year, so let’s see what we have on the bench and cross our fingers.

There is nothing the colts would ask Jacoby to do that Eason couldn't do, but atleast we wouldn't have to scrap plays past 10 yards

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

There is nothing the colts would ask Jacoby to do that Eason couldn't do, but atleast we wouldn't have to scrap plays past 10 yards

So you think that if our starting quarterback is struggling or gets hurt. we are just going to skip over our PROVEN back up second string quarterback to start an un-tested, inexperienced, 4th round rookie quarterback that may or may not be any better than the Quarterback that we know we can win half our games with?

2 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

So you think that if our starting quarterback is struggling or gets hurt. we are just going to skip over our PROVEN back up second string quarterback to start an un-tested, inexperienced, 4th round rookie quarterback that may or may not be any better than the Quarterback that we know we can win half our games with?

Yes because our so called proven backup was a complete liability. We can atleast see what we have in Eason. We already know what Brissett is. Nothing more then a backup

Archived