Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible predictions for 2020 colts

CR91

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

But it makes no difference to you that he was injured or that he didn't have a set of pro level receivers does it? 

Hilton missed 5 games. Campbell 6. You're acting like they missed the whole season

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hilton missed 5 games. Campbell 6. You're acting like they missed the whole season

So you honestly think Hilton was healthy enough to play close to his potential after his injury? 

You must have been watching different games than me. 

At this point this has turned into a classic argument. I am done here. 

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

"Hilton missed 5 games". Yeah and he played hurt in roughly another 5 lol. By the eye test it was noticeable. JB isn't a franchise QB, nobody is saying he is but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Great back-up and could start in spots and win some games. He isn't Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Scott Tolzien, or Jim Sorgi that is for sure. Those guys stunk.

53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Brissett had his shot. The colts bringing in two QBs should be all the writing on the wall Brissett needs.

Like I said, I could see Eason taking Brissetts' job.  In fact, I'm hoping for it, no disrespect to Jacoby.  I love what Jacoby brought to this team.  I think Brissett possesses what Eason does not when it comes to the ultimate backup-QB/teammate role.  By all accounts, Jacoby Brissett is the reason the Colts achieved the success they did in 2018.

That said, Eason has the better measurables and may end up being a better asset to this team than Jacoby.  Regardless, I think Rivers is what this team needs, and will be the main reason for our success going forward this year.

The idea that Eason will replace Rivers by week 1, regardless of the ever-present injury-bug that Indy always has to deal with, is absolutely laughable to me.  :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Like I said, I could see Eason taking Brissetts' job.  In fact, I'm hoping for it, no disrespect to Jacoby.  I love what Jacoby brought to this team.  I think Brissett possesses what Eason does not when it comes to the ultimate backup-QB/teammate role.  By all accounts, Jacoby Brissett is the reason the Colts achieved the success they did in 2018.

That said, Eason has the better measurables and may end up being a better asset to this team than Jacoby.  Regardless, I think Rivers is what this team needs, and will be the main reason for our success going forward this year.

The idea that Eason will replace Rivers by week 1, regardless of the ever-present injury-bug that Indy always has to deal with, is absolutely laughable to me.  :dunno:

Hurt or struggle. Like I said you never know.

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you honestly think Hilton was healthy enough to play close to his potential after his injury? 

You must have been watching different games than me. 

At this point this has turned into a classic argument. I am done here. 

Obviously he was playing hurt, but that's nothing new for TY and he said shows up. Look at the Texans game in the playoffs

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"Hilton missed 5 games". Yeah and he played hurt in roughly another 5 lol. By the eye test it was noticeable. JB isn't a franchise QB, nobody is saying he is but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Great back-up and could start in spots and win some games. He isn't Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Scott Tolzien, or Jim Sorgi that is for sure. Those guys stunk.

I'm not saying Hilton wasn't playing hurt, but he's still productive

13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hurt or struggle. Like I said you never know.

Just to clarify, you think Rivers is going to be injured or not grasp the playbook as well as Eason?  During a quarantined-affected offseason?  You think Rivers is going to be injured somehow?

Or that Eason is somehow going to understand the playbook better than Rivers?  Who has worked with Reich and Sirianni in the past?  Somehow Eason is going to make some intellectual/experiential leap over Rivers?

Just trying to see where you're coming from.  You're a really, REALLY good poster on this forum.  Like, better than me, no joke.  Just want to see where you're coming from, here.  I'm struggling with the angle you're coming from.  :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Just to clarify, you think Rivers is going to be injured or not grasp the playbook as well as Eason?  During a quarantined-affected offseason?  You think Rivers is going to be injured somehow?

Or that Eason is somehow going to understand the playbook better than Rivers?  Who has worked with Reich and Sirianni in the past?  Somehow Eason is going to make some intellectual/experiential leap over Rivers?

Just trying to see where you're coming from.  You're a really, REALLY good poster on this forum.  Like, better than me, no joke.  Just want to see where you're coming from, here.  I'm struggling with the angle you're coming from.  :dunno:

He's 38 is my point. Has nothing to do with knowing the playbook. I appreciate that thank you.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He's 38 is my point. Has nothing to do with knowing the playbook. I appreciate that thank you.

I appreciate where you're coming from.

Personally, I think Rivers (regardless of his age) is going to impress us.

He may not set any records, but I think he's going to make the Colts a winning franchise in his time here.  :thmup:

8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I appreciate where you're coming from.

Personally, I think Rivers (regardless of his age) is going to impress us.

He may not set any records, but I think he's going to make the Colts a winning franchise in his time here.  :thmup:

Hey I'm there with you brother. I hope Rivers excels. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Hey I'm there with you brother. I hope Rivers excels. 

Me too.

If Eason ends up playing at all this season, that's probably a very bad sign for the Colts, in general.

I like Eason, but I hope he doesn't see the field for at least a year or two.  :thmup:

Archived