Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy...

Steamboat_Shaun

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Obviously can't say one way or the other, but it's picking up steam for sure.

Damn... is it possible it's a troll attack on JMV to see if he will spew anything on radio? I don't know. This is weird. It doesn't make any sense especially since free agency doesn't start until... next month. 

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I thought about that at first, but I follow that Brett Crabtree guy, he's definitely not the trollin' type.

No idea... maybe he has some sort of event in Indy or something... 

2 minutes ago, Pelt said:

If true, I'm sure it will be just one of many visits that he has scheduled around the league. He's never been able to do this before. 

Yeah, but is he allowed to visit NOW? 

March 16-18

Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2019 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 18.

March 18

All 2019 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

Trading period for 2020 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2019 contracts.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2019-20-important-nfl-dates/

• Thanks 2

I'll believe it when I see it happen, but man oh man what a story if he was signed by Indy and at Lucas Oil where Peyton's statue is just outside!

Get Costanzo to resign for a few more years, get a few young studs in the draft and a little FA help, and this team is right up there with the favorites to win Super Bowl 55. 

• Like 1

The reason Tom Brady would consider the Colts has to be the AFCS provides a path to the playoffs that the AFCW and AFCN don't have. Realistically there's not lot's of teams that need a QB and can win right now. The Colts are in the camp. There's only so many places to go.  Even if this isn't happening right now, I'd imagine this is a conversation that will happen at some point.

I just can't imagine him leaving unless it's not really up to him as the Pats are ready to move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The reason Tom Brady would consider the Colts has to be the AFCS provides a path to the playoffs that the AFCW and AFCN don't have. Realistically there's not lot's of teams that need a QB and can win right now. The Colts are in the camp. There's only so many places to go.  Even if this isn't happening right now, I'd imagine this is a conversation that will happen at some point.

I just can't imagine him leaving unless it's not really up to him as the Pats are ready to move on.

Playing 8 home games indoors with an elite OL probably sounds appealing to a guy his age, so I could see him viewing it as an option, but it's so difficult to imagine him not retiring in NE.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Playing 8 home games indoors with an elite OL probably sounds appealing to a guy his age, so I could see him viewing it as an option, but it's so difficult to imagine him not retiring in NE.

hey if AV can do it so can Brady lol speaking of which i wonder if Av will retire as a colt or pat when its all said n done?

If Brady signs here I think it's a safe bet that the colts draft Jordan love. 

18 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

hey if AV can do it so can Brady lol speaking of which i wonder if Av will retire as a colt or pat when its all said n done?

It's been wondered. Players dont retire for teams in the NFL. 

18 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

If Brady signs here I think it's a safe bet that the colts draft Jordan love. 

It's been wondered. Players dont retire for teams in the NFL. 

they dont join the hof with a particular team like some other sports

i thought there have been players that singed a short contract so they could retire with someone other than their last team though 

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

how so?

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

the easiest division for him to win would probably be the afc east with the patriots again

the south had two playoff teams that both have more talent than the colts. i guess if we signed brady the colts and titans would be close, and still think the texans are better 

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the easiest division for him to win would probably be the afc east with the patriots again

the south had two playoff teams that both have more talent than the colts. i guess if we signed brady the colts and titans would be close, and still think the texans are better 

J@son too..

A part of my calculation is that the Pats may not want him back, despite what Kraft is saying. I'd guess that the Bills aren't going to be better than the Pats this upcoming year too. 

I'm not sure how it's going to play out, but the Texans aren't an intimidating division leader in the AFCS. The Titans are 9-7 team that got hot at the right time. Maybe it's stable, it's probably not. Ryan Tannehill hasn't earned that yet. With a QB that's efficient and productive the Colts aren't that far off of either if not outright better. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Be careful Chris.  Remember the last time you thought you had a Patriot signed and he left you holding the bag and he stayed with them.  "The rivalry is back on".

If Chris courts Brady and winds up with egg on his  face again then Ballard will deserve it.  Fool him once...shame on them.  Fool him twice...shame on Chris.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

J@son too..

A part of my calculation is that the Pats may not want him back, despite what Kraft is saying. I'd guess that the Bills aren't going to be better than the Pats this upcoming year too. 

I'm not sure how it's going to play out, but the Texans aren't an intimidating division leader in the AFCS. The Titans are 9-7 team that got hot at the right time. Maybe it's stable, it's probably not. Ryan Tannehill hasn't earned that yet. With a QB that's efficient and productive the Colts aren't that far off of either if not outright better. 

And really what's the point for TB? I think he wants a ring with another team because that is what would cement his legacy in as GOAT. What team needs a QB to be a contender? 

If Brady came here it would make things super interesting here in Indy. If that were to actually happen, it would make me thing Ballard really wants Jordan Love, considering all the scouting that has been done on him. 

But heres what's got me intrigued. Dungy is on record saying the Colts are the best destination for TB. Dungy is close with both Jim Irsay and Frank Reich. I could get behind the signing if indeed we do draft Love. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I’d throw up watching Tom in a Colts uniform. I’d be really disappointed 

Ditto, I'd be pretty *.

OTOH, I've often wondered what it was like for both GB and Vikings fans when Favre went to Minnesota for a couple years. Couldn't have been easy.

3 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Brady currently is a far better option then Rivers even in his older age. If we do get a veteran QB, I hope it'd be Brady from a talent perspective. But it would be very strange seeing Brady as a Colt.

Brees would be better than both if he became available.  Not convinced Brady gets this team to the Super Bowl.  Not the same guy.