Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby health update

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

How is it Jacoby barely played and you guys are still bashing him. Your so ridiculous. He had us a FG and was getting ready to score a TD. 

Don't be surprised if we lose to Miami if JB doesn't play. It's possible. Miami won today. This team looks at JB as a leader by what TY Hilton and Justin Houston have said. He makes less mistakes when he plays too but what do I know. Maybe Chad Kelly will play and throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's like JB did against Houston. Never know.

3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah, we're gonna call up a QB3 of some sort, only question is is it Kelly or not.

I'm under the assumption that this is the whole reason Kelly exists on our extended roster, so I think we call him up

It won't be anyone else.... Kelly is one of the highest paid PS players in the league. If they didn't see something, they would have kept Walker at the minimum.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d be surprised because if the Colts thought he was better than Hoyer he would have been on the active roster already.  They are going to start the QB who they think gives them the best chance to win.  

Also, while I think it’s likely Jacoby doesn’t play this week I don’t think it’s for certain yet.  If Jacoby can go they don’t make a move at QB.  

As many have said, they brought Hoyer in for as much mentor purposes as backup... He's good at a lot of the things that JB is not, and he's a good film student. Kelly has a high ceiling, a low floor, but he's not complimentary to JB. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys thought losing Andrew Luck was bad, wait and see how bad it will be without JB lmao . Without JB I am not so sure we even beat Miami. Miami won today. If JB isn't healthy we are in trouble now. You JB doubters get your wish now if he is out, we will be lucky to win a game without #7. We would've never lost today's game had JB not got injured as he wouldn't of thrown the pick 6. You could tell our offense was out of sync without him too committing  silly penalties. It seems like more posters come out of the woodwork when we lose or a few that are here post more. Comical stuff IMO. 

Hey I have a bright idea, lets cut JB and Adam and bring in Chad Kelly and Cody Parker :sarcasm:. Yeah that is the ticket to winning football. I just called this guy up, he will start next week homer simpson touchdown GIF - now we have us a franchise QB that can throw for 500 yards a game.

aside from the INT, hoyer had a pretty good game, and was without his OL signal caller, and leading WR.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO we would've won had JB not got injured. Our offense doesn't commit penalties when he is in there and he rarely turns it over. Hey I like Hoyer but he isn't JB nor is he Kelly. Just like JB isn't Luck at least I can admit who is better than who lmao 

there are a lot of reasons we lost. JB being there doesn't fix AV's misses that cost us 5pts, nor does it keep Ryan (OL signal caller) from getting hurt, keep Glow from committing bonehead penalties, keep AC and BSmith from playing poor, or the refs from being plain bad. it sure doesn't change our DC's bad play calls keeping Ss deep when it's 3rd and shortish.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't be surprised if we lose to Miami if JB doesn't play. It's possible. Miami won today. This team looks at JB as a leader by what TY Hilton and Justin Houston have said. He makes less mistakes when he plays too but what do I know. Maybe Chad Kelly will play and throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's like JB did against Houston. Never know.

If Ryan Kelly is back I think Hoyer can pull one out vs Miami at home if needed.  Beyond that it’s going to be hard to beat the Jags and Texans without Jacoby.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They played the jets lol. As of now I am not concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If JB doesn't play that spread will drop to 6.5 IMO. 

We should beat Miami by 7 with Big Q as QB.... If we lose to Miami, it's probably not QB problem unless Hoyer throws 3+ INTs. 

Miami is bottom 5 in passing O, rushing O, and rushing D...... They are actually decent in passing D, which isn't where we should beat them anyway. Our D should shut them out, and Mack should run for 150-200.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'm assuming we have a full 53 man roster and don't have anyone going to the IR.  That being the case calling up Kelly requires a countermove and to send someone to the PS you have to waive them, like we had to waive kelly in the first place.  

Personally I'd wave Deon Cain, but I'm beginning to wonder if Cain has incriminating photos of Ballard and a pumpkin filled with chocolate pudding or something, because he keeps failing to get the job done and keeps not getting cut for it.

Creative, especially given how I recently saw Mr. Ballard throwing away his jack o lantern the other day

12 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

And we both know that a "sprain" and a "tear" are two different things, and a sprain is the less severe of the two.

To the average fan, they are different. To medical professionals, they are the same (all tears), just  differing from mild to wild. And a Grade I tear/sprain is less severe than Grade II, which is less severe than Grade III.

Don't take my word?  Then this, from Web MD-

"People use the words “sprain” and “strain” almost interchangeably, to describe everything from a twisted ankle to a pulled hamstring. But they’re not the same.

A sprain is a stretch or tear in a ligament. Ligaments are bands of fibrous tissue that connect bones to bones at joints.

A strain is also a stretch or tear, but it happens in a muscle or a tendon. Tendons link muscles to the bones"

A tear does not have to be completely ripped off the bone, or ripped totally in half to be considered a tear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They played the jets lol. As of now I am not concerned.

At this point we should all be concerned.  We are a banged up team that plays down to our opponents.   That means we can lose to anyone.  When every game is close, it is silly to think any game cannot be lost.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Sorry Nickster, you'd get agreement from a lot of people if you said that in week 1, but you're out to lunch with it now.

You can argue whether Brissett is an average starter, a good starter or a mediocre starter.  he is not a backup.  What you do isn't what you are.  If Brissett left Indy tomorrow, it would be for a starting gig somewhere else.  that cat is out of the bag ever since the week 3 win in Atlanta, and certainly after the wins against KC and Houston

Also worth noting -- Hoyer had a brief but moderately successful career as a journeyman starter although he played for some pretty brutal teams so the numbers don't necessarily show it.  He's a backup because of age and decline, not because that's the most he's capable of.

I am sure he would get a job but he's been back up caliber.  There are a lot of starters who are backup claiber.  

Not looking for ageement necessarily grand.  It's what I think I see.  

Did you notice that people were "open" today after Hoyer came in with a hurt PB type center and no TY?  

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

If that hadn't  happened  we win even with vinny's  miss

See but this is what someone can do with that type of logic.   

IF JB hadn't been so incompetent last week then he wouldn't have had to have made the one spectacular throw he made.  Same logic.  JB is not better because AV shanked this 

kick while nailing the one last week.  This is what is known as outcome bias.  

Terrible throw by Hoyer.  THat us usually an inocuous INT though.  A seem pass to the 4 is usually tackled inside the ten rather than returned.  Bad throw, but a really unfortunate result.  BUt this play at 10 minutes 2nd Q didn't determine everything that happened after.  Lots of bad plays to spread around.  Hoyer did really really well.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s much better than what I think we all feared when it happened.  Hopefully it’s minor and he’s back out there Sunday.  Jacoby is one tough cookie so if he can I think he will play.  

Might be better  to start  hoyer another  week. Don't  want him to be like Mahomes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

I am sure he would get a job but he's been back up caliber.  There are a lot of starters who are backup claiber.  

Not looking for ageement necessarily grand.  It's what I think I see.  

Did you notice that people were "open" today after Hoyer came in with a hurt PB type center and no TY?  

Lol. At all of this. 

This Hoyer talk is crazy.

Three QBs have thrown for 3 TDs against Pitt this year and one of them did it in 3 quarters. The other 2 are Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. Look at who Pitt has played this year and then come back and tell me Hoyer didn't EXCEL yesterday. 

On the road in Pittsburgh. 

No starting center.

No TY Hilton.

No first team practice reps. 

15 defenders on defense (counting the refs)

Like him or not Hoyer lit them up yesterday in a far worse situation than any QB has faced vs them this year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

you could definitely make an argument for calling Kelly up for a cuppa, the question is are they prepared to risk losing pieces to the waiver wire to make it happen.

We certainly have options to cut and Rogers is #1 on my list but if not him, we have cutting space. I fully expect (unless JB is considered a go) they call Kelly up. I still expect Hoyer to start if JB is a no go for at least 1 week. 

18 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d be surprised because if the Colts thought he was better than Hoyer he would have been on the active roster already.  They are going to start the QB who they think gives them the best chance to win.  

Also, while I think it’s likely Jacoby doesn’t play this week I don’t think it’s for certain yet.  If Jacoby can go they don’t make a move at QB.  

Hoyer isn’t on the roster because they think he is better or worse than JB. Hoyer is here to mentor and help JB in the film room. Why we didn’t just offer him a coaching type spot instead if that’s what they felt Hoyer is great at is beyond me because don’t we have a QB coach already? This pick up has always confused me other than the need to have a QB those first few weeks while Kelly was suspended. I do believe the team is very high in Kelly and he was kept as the safety insurance policy if JB had struggles once named as they starting QB of the season. JB hasn’t lit it up, he has managed it safely but he hasn’t pushed us over the edge of dominating. Manning made us dominate, Luck made us dominate, even while making mistakes. Hoyer showed more playmaking throws than JB has for the majority of his year so far, he pushed a couple down the field with a chunk play attempt and he used more receiver patterns. If Hines and Cain didn’t drop balls that were thrown to their hands today and Rogers didn’t drop the punt, Hoyer has this game won by double digits imho. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we loose to Miami under any circumstances as the team is constructed, I’d be questioning our coaching staff extensively. Hoyer,Kelly or JB should win this game without TY and Kelly and it shouldn’t be a nail biter. 

55 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s much better than what I think we all feared when it happened.  Hopefully it’s minor and he’s back out there Sunday.  Jacoby is one tough cookie so if he can I think he will play.  

Before you feel any more comfort with this report, remember, it was reported for weeks to months that Luck was dealing with a minor calf strain that changed to a small bone issue (cranium) that turned into sudden retirement while standing on the sidelines of a preseason game. I don’t take one single word this PR group spits out for the Colts. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Might be better  to start  hoyer another  week. Don't  want him to be like Mahomes. 

Mahomes has an ankle injury and then hurt his knee.  One didn’t cause the other.  

i am sure the Colts are going to be over cautious with Jacoby.  First they have a tendency to be that way with injuries anyway but second they aren’t dumb they know the risks that come with putting Jacoby out there before he’s ready.  I don’t think they will take that risk and that might very well mean he misses some games.

37 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

We certainly have options to cut and Rogers is #1 on my list but if not him, we have cutting space. I fully expect (unless JB is considered a go) they call Kelly up. I still expect Hoyer to start if JB is a no go for at least 1 week. 

Hoyer isn’t on the roster because they think he is better or worse than JB. Hoyer is here to mentor and help JB in the film room. Why we didn’t just offer him a coaching type spot instead if that’s what they felt Hoyer is great at is beyond me because don’t we have a QB coach already? This pick up has always confused me other than the need to have a QB those first few weeks while Kelly was suspended. I do believe the team is very high in Kelly and he was kept as the safety insurance policy if JB had struggles once named as they starting QB of the season. JB hasn’t lit it up, he has managed it safely but he hasn’t pushed us over the edge of dominating. Manning made us dominate, Luck made us dominate, even while making mistakes. Hoyer showed more playmaking throws than JB has for the majority of his year so far, he pushed a couple down the field with a chunk play attempt and he used more receiver patterns. If Hines and Cain didn’t drop balls that were thrown to their hands today and Rogers didn’t drop the punt, Hoyer has this game won by double digits imho. 

If we loose to Miami under any circumstances as the team is constructed, I’d be questioning our coaching staff extensively. Hoyer,Kelly or JB should win this game without TY and Kelly and it shouldn’t be a nail biter. 

Before you feel any more comfort with this report, remember, it was reported for weeks to months that Luck was dealing with a minor calf strain that changed to a small bone issue (cranium) that turned into sudden retirement while standing on the sidelines of a preseason game. I don’t take one single word this PR group spits out for the Colts. 

Having painfully wollowed through the refuse of this post, i do like the last sentence.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

The fact he never left the field and was still the QB if hoyer had got hurt is good news. I wouldn’t mind if it’s still bothering him a ton Sunday if we played hoyer. If JB can still be the emergency backup we might not have to call up Kelly. 

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The fact he never left the field and was still the QB if hoyer had got hurt is good news. I wouldn’t mind if it’s still bothering him a ton Sunday if we played hoyer. If JB can still be the emergency backup we might not have to call up Kelly. 

Well, the fact that he was still the backup QB is not really very telling.  He was listed as "Doubtful" after his injury, I believe?  There was no one else that would be our QB.  Patty Mac is no longer on the roster, lol.

As to the last sentence, brings my dumb question of the day: What is the latest we can sign CK to the 53 before this coming Sunday?

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, the fact that he was still the backup QB is not really very telling.  He was listed as "Doubtful" after his injury, I believe?  There was no one else that would be our QB.  Patty Mac is no longer on the roster, lol.

As to the last sentence, brings my dumb question of the day: What is the latest we can sign CK to the 53 before this coming Sunday?

It does tell you a lot. If had had been super serious he would not of stayed questionable. Reich said it would take something rare to put him back in. Which means hopefully it’s not super serious. Otherwise he would of been ruled out.

i think you can bring CK up anytime. Even as late as Friday or Saturday.

1 minute ago, cjrulli said:

I honestly thought the offense ran smoother with Hoyer. LOVED his throws to the intermediate routes and he laid some nicely thrown deep passes as well. 

Hoyer did a great job finding the receivers.  Whether or not JB would have made the same throws is anyone's guess and isn't even worth arguing as nothing beyond what Hoyer did is factual.  Having said that, this is a discussion board, so discuss away, lol.

If JB can't go this week at at least a backup then we bring up CK and I would probably waive Jonathan Williams.  Hoyer gets the start and we bring in CK if Hoyer throws 3 INT's and we get behind badly by mid 3rd qtr or gets hurt.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It does tell you a lot. If had had been super serious he would not of stayed questionable. Reich said it would take something rare to put him back in. Which means hopefully it’s not super serious. Otherwise he would of been ruled out.

i think you can bring CK up anytime. Even as late as Friday or Saturday.

Okay, I got ya' concerning the JB status.  Still, if JB can't go this weekend we should all be thanking our lucky stars that Hoyer didn't get hurt yesterday or else it may have really cost us JB.

My reason for asking about bringing up CK is just figuring out if it's a game day decision or before?  Minor league baseball guys are called up and there on the bench the same day.  Don't know that I've ever known the rules for the NFL.