Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby health update

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but JB is the type I can see wanting to play if he gets cleared. He is tough as nails like that. We should beat Miami without him but in the NFL nothing is a guarantee. Hoyer didn't play bad Sunday, that pick 6 was a killer because it was possibly a 14 point swing but he was throwing some nice passes too. 3 TD's is pretty good. 

It's not JB's decision, and I'm sure he understands. I don't know what the risk is for aggravating or worsening his injury, but I'd assume it's pretty decent. Regardless of who plays, the game plan should be pretty straight forward, and very heavy on running.

It would actually be easier on Miami if JB started because they know what to expect, and do what every team has done vs us this year. Conversely, they really don't know what to expect from Hoyer in a Riech offense.  

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

It's not JB's decision, and I'm sure he understands. I don't know what the risk is for aggravating or worsening his injury, but I'd assume it's pretty decent. Regardless of who plays, the game plan should be pretty straight forward, and very heavy on running.

It would actually be easier on Miami if JB started because they know what to expect, and do what every team has done vs us this year. Conversely, they really don't know what to expect from Hoyer in a Riech offense.  

I am just glad we have an easy opponent this week and not playing at Houston for example. So we have options.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just glad we have an easy opponent this week and not playing at Houston for example. So we have options.

I'd call up Kelly for a week or two, and be 100% on JB's health. With the Jags/Houston/TN games in a row post Miami, we need him to be as close to perfect as possible. Those 3 games could easily make or crush our season. Two are our only home games vs TN and Jags, and the other is Houston, who we need a tie breaker over. It's probably the most important 3 game stretch of the year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'd call up Kelly for a week or two, and be 100% on JB's health. With the Jags/Houston/TN games in a row post Miami, we need him to be as close to perfect as possible. Those 3 games could easily make or crush our season. Two are our only home games vs TN and Jags, and the other is Houston, who we need a tie breaker over. It's probably the most important 3 game stretch of the year.

I am ok with resting JB this week if it is needed and bringing Kelly up. Kelly will be suited up if JB is a no go.

Yeah that 3 game stretch is the season in reality. I hope TY is back for the Houston game. It will be close.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ok with resting JB this week if it is needed and bringing Kelly up. Kelly will be suited up if JB is a no go.

Yeah that 3 game stretch is the season in reality. I hope TY is back for the Houston game. It will be close.

Funch should be back (haven't seen an update on his timetable though) I thought by the Jags game. Pascal had more yards than TY vs Houston :-), but yes, really hoping TY is back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need DF back for that jags game. With that defense it’s not going to be easy. Although I don’t think that they are as good against the run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Depending on how bad it feels they could also start hoyer and have JB as the backup. He would only come in if hoyer got hurt. Then they can leave Kelly on the PS.

There's really no reason not to bring Kelly up. We'll have to cut one roster spot when Funch comes back in 2-3 weeks, so just make that cut now, bring Kelly up, and swap Kelly/Funch when Funch comes back.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Funch should be back (haven't seen an update on his timetable though) I thought by the Jags game. Pascal had more yards than TY vs Houston :-), but yes, really hoping TY is back. 

Reich addressed it on his phone conference today. He said if he finishes checking the boxes he will be back at practice. Stephen Holder mentioned he has been seen watching practice lately and been in the locker room so seems he is ready. He hadn’t seen that the last couple of months.

Just now, EastStreet said:

There's really no reason not to bring Kelly up. We'll have to cut one roster spot when Funch comes back in 2-3 weeks, so just make that cut now, bring Kelly up, and swap Kelly/Funch when Funch comes back.

Unless they are worried he could be claimed off waivers. I bet that is pretty low since no one has snagged him off the PS. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich addressed it on his phone conference today. He said if he finishes checking the boxes he will be back at practice. Stephen Holder mentioned he has been seen watching practice lately and been in the locker room so seems he is ready. He hadn’t seen that the last couple of months.

Yup, heard that, but still pretty grey... 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Depending on how bad it feels they could also start hoyer and have JB as the backup. He would only come in if hoyer got hurt. Then they can leave Kelly on the PS.

Why would they do that?  If JB can't start why would they risk putting him in as a backup??

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Unless they are worried he could be claimed off waivers. I bet that is pretty low since no one has snagged him off the PS. 

Not really worried about CK getting snagged. But getting your already injured starting QB knocked out for the year against the worst team in the league would be about the biggest bonehead move a GM and coach could make. It's just a stupid dice roll to make before 3 division games that will be a huge impact on your year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not really worried about CK getting snagged. But getting your already injured starting QB knocked out for the year against the worst team in the league would be about the biggest bonehead move a GM and coach could make. It's just a stupid dice roll to make before 3 division games that will be a huge impact on your year.

Yeah after the way Luck retired and was banged up I am sure that is being discussed :thmup:

• Thanks 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The same reason he stayed dressed after the injury 

It wouldn’t be a perfect situation 

At this point it is still too early to tell

I think he stayed dressed because they didn’t have another QB and say Hoyer broke his leg or something they would have sent Jacoby back in there to handle snaps and hand off and that’s it.  

They will have the chance to add a QB this week, something they couldn’t do Sunday during the game, so if Jacoby can’t play he will be inactive and Kelly will be brought up from the PS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think he stayed dressed because they didn’t have another QB and say Hoyer broke his leg or something they would have sent Jacoby back in there to handle snaps and hand off and that’s it.  

They will have the chance to add a QB this week, something they couldn’t do Sunday during the game, so if Jacoby can’t play he will be inactive and Kelly will be brought up from the PS.

Agreed

It is way to early to tell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The same thing KC did with Kyle Shurmur 

Brought him up while Mahomes was not ready and Henne was out and then demoted him when CH was ready

43 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Yep, we should find out Wednesday, will give Kelly couple days practice with the first's

If Kelly is called up he will spend very little time with the ones.   Hoyer will get almost all the time with the ones.

Kelly might get a little time.  Might.  But most of his time will be with the twos plus whatever Kelly can get done post practice. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Kelly is called up he will spend very little time with the ones.   Hoyer will get almost all the time with the ones.

Kelly might get a little time.  Might.  But most of his time will be with the twos plus whatever Kelly can get done post practice. 

With the injuries in the WR corps he might get even less since some of the backups might need to get more time with Hoyer and the 1s

• Like 2

On 11/3/2019 at 5:17 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you guys actually watch football, I wonder sometimes. It makes a huge difference who is in at QB if that is what the team is used too. Reaction to plays, etc.. I seen 2 Illegal shifts called on us when Hoyer was in, we had 0 penalty's when JB was in the game.

No disrespect intended toward any faithful forum poster. Your first 2 sentences made me chuckle pretty hard. I understand what you were driving at. A nice way of saying what on God's green earth are you smoking man. Cute. Very diplomatic actually. 

I know; I know. We are all Colts fans here & nobody wants to make anyone else feel foolish or alienated. Your point is a valid one. Jacoby tends to play penalty free football for INDY. Hoyer just makes me nervous because I know the pick is coming & oh look, right on cue. There it is. Hoyer just doesn't instill confidence in me as a fan. He's trying to march down the field & score. I know that. But, he never puts me at ease. Just when you think he's figured it out, ah man. Really Brian? Sigh...

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

To the average fan, they are different. To medical professionals, they are the same (all tears), just  differing from mild to wild. And a Grade I tear/sprain is less severe than Grade II, which is less severe than Grade III.

Don't take my word?  Then this, from Web MD-

"People use the words “sprain” and “strain” almost interchangeably, to describe everything from a twisted ankle to a pulled hamstring. But they’re not the same.

A sprain is a stretch or tear in a ligament. Ligaments are bands of fibrous tissue that connect bones to bones at joints.

A strain is also a stretch or tear, but it happens in a muscle or a tendon. Tendons link muscles to the bones"

A tear does not have to be completely ripped off the bone, or ripped totally in half to be considered a tear.

Balanced, well written, & an easy to follow explanation. Don't ever graduate from medical school. Your patients would love you because you'd take the mystery & intrigue out of everything. Plus, confusing jargon is where doctors & surgeons make the bulk of their money for mansions, Porches, & Ferraris man. Just joking! Nicely done CBFL. :D

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hopefully  we don't  hand the game to the dolphins. Blew a great opportunity versus the Steelers 

Tell me about it. If Big Ben was playing & INDY lost, I could have learned to live with it, but Mason Rudolph? The kid isn't miraculous or anything like that. We should have taken Pittsburgh down. TJ Watt is no JJ Watt in my estimation either. Very disappointing. Major bummer. 

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a decent idea.  My big concern about JB is mobility.  He's already not that moble, you add a injured knee into the mix and OL might be protecting a statue.  

Hoyer's not that moble either but with a healthy knee he's more moble than JB is with a bad knee I'm sure.  

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

This is a decent idea.  My big concern about JB is mobility.  He's already not that moble, you add a injured knee into the mix and OL might be protecting a statue.  

Hoyer's not that moble either but with a healthy knee he's more moble than JB is with a bad knee I'm sure.  

Hoyer did roll out to throw that pass TD to Rogers. I'd still say roll with Hoyer if you have any doubt for now vs the Dolphins.

Have JB ready for the divisional games coming up, hopefully TY can be back for the Texans game, which would matter more for tie-breakers than anything else. Texans have a brutal stretch coming up vs Ravens, Colts and Patriots in order. It is very possible they get to 6-4 before playing us on TNF, and even if we are 6-4 then, assuming a loss to the Jaguars where we don't do well typically, that would be THE tie-breaker game for the division, IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hoyer did roll out to throw that pass TD to Rogers. I'd still say roll with Hoyer if you have any doubt for now vs the Dolphins.

Have JB ready for the divisional games coming up, hopefully TY can be back for the Texans game, which would matter more for tie-breakers than anything else. Texans have a brutal stretch coming up vs Ravens, Colts and Patriots in order. It is very possible they get to 6-4 before playing us on TNF, and even if we are 6-4 then, assuming a loss to the Jaguars where we don't do well typically, that would be THE tie-breaker game for the division, IMO.

I'm sort of leaning with Hoyer against Miami also.