Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby health update


GoColts8818
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO we would've won had JB not got injured. Our offense doesn't commit penalties when he is in there and he rarely turns it over. Hey I like Hoyer but he isn't JB nor is he Kelly. Just like JB isn't Luck at least I can admit who is better than who lmao 

When you lose by 2 there are likely a number of reasons you can point to for the loss. Sub-par special team's execution gets my vote.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Not all, at least not I. Since I only had the NFL Gamepass Listen feature (no video), I had Dr. Chao twitter online . He saw the play and wrote the worry was an MCL injury; during the game. Unknowns were how severe and if there was any bone bruising involved.

 

 

He was listed in game as questionable to return.

 

 

I believe he can sign a team NFL contract immediately after another player from the 53 man roster is waived.

 

 

The MRI will give many answers as to the severity and if there are ancillary issues involved ( bone bruise, etc...)

 

 

May be true, but...how much reps/film study/weekly game plan do taxi squad guys get since they normally can't play?

I believe they get absolutely everything but the reps. I don't really know this, but I do believe it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the fourth running back goes before Cain.  Not that I disagree with you about Cain’s lack of production.

Does Ashton Dulin, Johnathan Williams or Rolan Milligan stand less chance of clearing waivers compared to Cain? I seriously doubt it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet he plays Sunday. Good news in there about Funchess. Hopefully we see him back at practice Wed.

Don't bet the house. This is what I learned about "burners" as it relates to Ryan Kelly:

 

Burners are typically either grade 1 or 2 peripheral nerve injuries. A grade 1 injury is neurapraxia, which is a disruption of nerve function involving demyelinization.8,9 Axonal integrity is preserved, and remyelinization occurs within three weeks. A grade 2 injury is axonotmesis, which entails actual axonal damage and Wallerian degeneration.9 A grade 3 injury is neurotmesis, which is permanent nerve damage. Fortunately, grade 3 injuries are rare in sports and are not characteristic of burners.8,9

 

There is an extremely wide range of recovery times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

Does Ashton Dulin, Johnathan Williams or Rolan Milligan stand less chance of clearing waivers compared to Cain? I seriously doubt it.

With three of the top four WRs out Sunday Cain isn’t going anywhere even if he’s played poorly.  He’s the number two or number three WR this week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrueBlue12 said:

Don't bet the house. This is what I learned about "burners" as it relates to Ryan Kelly:

 

Burners are typically either grade 1 or 2 peripheral nerve injuries. A grade 1 injury is neurapraxia, which is a disruption of nerve function involving demyelinization.8,9 Axonal integrity is preserved, and remyelinization occurs within three weeks. A grade 2 injury is axonotmesis, which entails actual axonal damage and Wallerian degeneration.9 A grade 3 injury is neurotmesis, which is permanent nerve damage. Fortunately, grade 3 injuries are rare in sports and are not characteristic of burners.8,9

 

There is an extremely wide range of recovery times.

I agree but it at least is something that isn’t like a sprain or something that could really keep him out. Autry recovered from his in a few days last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not saying you are wrong as they well might have said something else on a TV and not updated their webpage yet but here is their webpage’s story

 

https://www.wthr.com/article/colts-qb-jacoby-brissett-out-mcl-sprain

Yeah if that is what you saw it does not say he is riled out. The headline is misleading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I agree but it at least is something that isn’t like a sprain or something that could really keep him out. Autry recovered from his in a few days last week.

Well, you may have missed the point. It can be chronic or life long. There is no way to know. You just cross your fingers and hope. Most are not, but many are. No way of knowing at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I know that. Reich didn’t seem concerned when asked about f

From what I've researched medical professionals have no way of knowing at this point. So, I have to assume Reich has no way of knowing either. Most times it's not 3rd degree, but there is no way of knowing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

From what I've researched medical professionals have no way of knowing at this point. So, I have to assume Reich has no way of knowing either. Most times it's not 3rd degree, but there is no way of knowing.

Honestly I’d rather they play it safe. Nerves are no joke and I’d rather us be careful and roll the dice with 2nd stringers. I’d rather do that and lose to Miami than risk losing kelly for multiple games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Good news

 

 

 

Sprain, not strain. Sprains are ligaments (bone to bone connection, like ACL, MCL, PCL, etc...)

Strains are muscle to bone connections... which are not involved here for JB7; but is for T.Y. with his calf...

 

No indication of the grade of his sprain either. (important) :(

 

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Poor Parris 

 

 

 

IR requires 8 weeks absence minimum from playing... his surgery will keep him out only 4 or so...

 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was afraid to look earlier but it looks like he may be able to play Sunday. Usually when we have key guys go down, we lose them for a while. We can probably beat Miami with Hoyer anyway so if JB isn't 100% on Sunday I wouldn't rush him back. If we win Sunday and we should, that will put us at 6-3 which is still in a good spot to be in. We would be tied for 1st in the AFC South with the Texans, actually as of now we have the tiebreaker as well.

 

If he does, it will likely be with a brace. (being a low grade sprain).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, csmopar said:

WTHR is reporting that Brissett has officially been ruled out for Miami

 

Says they'd defer until Wednesday before they officially rule him out, in the article

(that I clicked on).

 

46 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I agree but it at least is something that isn’t like a sprain or something that could really keep him out. Autry recovered from his in a few days last week.

 

Stingers can be anywhere from 5 minutes recovery to transient or complete paralysis. No guarantees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TrueBlue12 said:

I believe they get absolutely everything but the reps. I don't really know this, but I do believe it.

 

Often, PS squad QB's run the 'scout' team (emulate the upcoming opponents scheme/plays/habits. 

 

But I've heard Hoyer does that... so... maybe CK gets some backup reps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Sprain, not strain. Sprains are ligaments (bone to bone connection, like ACL, MCL, PCL, etc...)

Strains are muscle to bone connections... which are not involved here for JB7; but is for T.Y. with his calf...

 

No indication of the grade of his sprain either. (important) :(

 

 

IR requires 8 weeks absence minimum from playing... his surgery will keep him out only 4 or so...

 

 

If he does, it will likely be with a brace. (being a low grade sprain).

 

I believe he has always played with a brace. Don’t know if it would be a different one then he wears now. Anyone know anything about that. That brace he wears might of saved his season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, they said he was ruled out. And even that headline says the same thing.

If you read the whole article, WTHR is saying Reich is waiting to see how JB is on Wednesday. JB said he felt good today. Actually he hasn't been ruled yet for Sunday. Their wording on the title was worded badly. They meant he was out/ put out against Pitt and didn't return.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't play him though just as a precautionary considering we are playing Miami.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a great question? Not sure.

Funchess long term obviously but beyond that. I don’t know.

 

i guess the question is, as bad as it is to even remotely begin to type this out, do you look at the Antonio Brown headcase? Yuck those words taste bad. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Funchess long term obviously but beyond that. I don’t know.

 

i guess the question is, as bad as it is to even remotely begin to type this out, do you look at the Antonio Brown headcase? Yuck those words taste bad. 

Not sure if anyone if he is not going on IR It might be more of shifting around of Special Team duties and the adding of O snaps for Dulin 

 

@2006Coltsbestever

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you read the whole article, WTHR is saying Reich is waiting to see how JB is on Wednesday. JB said he felt good today. Actually he hasn't been ruled yet for Sunday. Their wording on the title was worded badly. They meant he was out/put put out against Pitt and didn't return.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't play him though just as a precautionary considering we are playing Miami.

There's no way I would play him vs Miami. Miami is bottom 5 rushing D, rushing O, and passing O. No reason to risk JB. @PrincetonTiger with his infinite QB wisdom would be able to beat Miami.

 

In all seriousness, if we can't beat Miami with D and rushing, we're a pretty bad team. Miami is decent vs the pass, but Hoyer will be more than fine after getting first team reps this week. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

There's no way I would play him vs Miami. Miami is bottom 5 rushing D, rushing O, and passing O. No reason to risk JB. @PrincetonTiger with his infinite QB wisdom would be able to beat Miami.

 

In all seriousness, if we can't beat Miami with D and rushing, we're a pretty bad team. Miami is decent vs the pass, but Hoyer will be more than fine after getting first team reps this week. 

I agree but JB is the type I can see wanting to play if he gets cleared. He is tough as nails like that. We should beat Miami without him but in the NFL nothing is a guarantee. Hoyer didn't play bad Sunday, that pick 6 was a killer because it was possibly a 14 point swing but he was throwing some nice passes too. 3 TD's is pretty good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With three divisional games coming up I don’t play him either Sunday. The only way would be if it is super mild and he recovers fast. Miami any lost a WR yesterday. They lost  RB today who got suspended. They dealt Drake and lost Howard against PITT last week. We should be able to run this score up no matter who is at QB. Mack should have a big day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Ohhhhh well that’s that then! 
    • I agree but I'm afraid Ballard and Frank are too chickenpoo to make adjustments to tweak our D. They will bring in a cover 3 guy or promote from with in. Ballard will say we brought DeFo in for 3tech and it's going to stay its coarse...honestly if we change D style it will take two season fto build that personnel... we are in a rebuild and keeping everything the same means we could clean house next year if nothing changes. I personally like Ballard and wish we went with all new coaching...We are looking at a 8-9 season coming up. 
    • Truth is we need a player on every level across the board. We need secondary help, we need DL help, and we need a real Mike. Oke ain't built for it... coaching is part of it. We are vanilla on both sides of the ball too often... he'll we ne OL and Rec help on offense... the Wentz signing was a two year set back...it hurts...
    • Half those turnovers are Leonard's from pure will, has nothing to do with scheme... Eberflus has scheme to limit points not yards... and we don't have a QB to put up points. Time for some adjusents...
    • For what it’s worth….   Allen’s jump from Y2 to Y3 was historic.   As in never been done before.  Ever.   His completion percentage jumped about 10.5 points.   Again, historic.   Did he cool off this year?   Yes, but still very high and he’s throwing much further down the field than CW is.      Who are you comparing JA to?   Who was the flash in the pan who turned out average?  
  • Members

    • boo2202

      boo2202 581

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fingers

      Fingers 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,225

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • STH2000

      STH2000 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lollygagger8

      lollygagger8 3,905

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfan1965

      coltsfan1965 45

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 6

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,530

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fourstar40

      Fourstar40 18

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Behle

      Behle 49

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...