Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby health update

GoColts8818

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO we would've won had JB not got injured. Our offense doesn't commit penalties when he is in there and he rarely turns it over. Hey I like Hoyer but he isn't JB nor is he Kelly. Just like JB isn't Luck at least I can admit who is better than who lmao 

Curios how Hoyer causes offense to get penalize but JB prevents them. Sounds like a new type of quality JB must have?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So when JB7 is ready, you want him as QB2 and Hoyer stays QB1?  Or you want CK as QB1, Hoyer QB2, and JB7 waived?  Trying to get a feel for what Nickster wants.

Because we already know what Reich, Sirianni, and Brady has wanted...

I have no opinion of Kelly.

ive seen enough of JB to think we’d need to look elsewhere.  I’d like to see what Hoyerable can do for a few games yes.  I still think the O is good and the QB play we were getting made everything more difficult.

only difference in the two games was better offense and a missed kick.  The pick6 sucked but that is not usually the type of play that ends up a TD.  Seem pass to the 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Curios how Hoyer causes offense to get penalize but JB prevents them. Sounds like a new type of quality JB must have?

It's the way a QB runs an offense. The way a QB calls audibles. The Line just blocks better and plays better when they have a guy they trust in there. Just like Denver did with Peyton and didn't with Brock. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's the way a QB runs an offense. The way a QB calls audibles. The Line just blocks better and plays better when they have a guy they trust in there. Just like Denver did with Peyton and didn't with Brock. 

Come on man.

• Haha 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you guys actually watch football, I wonder sometimes. It makes a huge difference who is in at QB if that is what the team is used too. Reaction to plays, etc.. I seen 2 Illegal shifts called on us when Hoyer was in, we had 0 penalty's when JB was in the game.

yes I watch football.  2 illegal shifts because JB out.  Ok man.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

crazy GIF, ok JB sucks in your opinion, time to move on lmao . All good. 

are you one of the AV apologists?  Cause  I feel like Homer there when thinking why we have a struggling grandfatherly man taking our kicks.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you guys actually watch football, I wonder sometimes. It makes a huge difference who is in at QB if that is what the team is used too. Reaction to plays, etc.. I seen 2 Illegal shifts called on us when Hoyer was in, we had 0 penalty's when JB was in the game.

Yes I watch football but never heard that a veteran QB like Hoyer causes more penalties. We had 10 penalties last week and 7 penalties this week several who some colt fans vehemently disagreed with. sure you have good reason for that however but thought I would throw it out anyway.

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Yes I watch football but never heard that a veteran QB like Hoyer causes more penalties. We had 10 penalties last week and 7 penalties this week several who some colt fans vehemently disagreed with. sure you have good reason for that however but thought I would throw it out anyway.

Let me ask you and @Nickster a question, do you think we win if JB plays all game? Why I am even asking this is dumb because I already know you guys will say no. I think we find a way to win though, if he doesn't get injured. I don't think it comes down to a last second FG is why. I think we are up 17-3 if not 13-3 at worse if JB doesn't leave the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me ask you and @Nickster a question, do you think we win if JB plays all game? Why I am even asking this is dumb because I already know you guys will say no. I think we find a way to win though, if he doesn't get injured. I don't think it comes down to a last second FG is why. I think we are up 17-3 if not 13-3 at worse if JB doesn't leave the game.

I guess I don't watch enough football to know who would win if JB was not hurt. I will say I do not think Hoyer cost us the game. I thought he played very well. Yes, the pick 6 hurt but he did throw 3 tds to 3 different guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Personally I'd wave Deon Cain, but I'm beginning to wonder if Cain has incriminating photos of Ballard and a pumpkin filled with chocolate pudding or something, because he keeps failing to get the job done and keeps not getting cut for it.

Uh.... He's played what, 8 games in his career?  He's been a non factor, sure... But he's not getting cut half a season In.  Jacoby hasn't exactly showered targets Cain's way either.... According to player profiler,  Cain has only been targeted 12 times.... Or 2.4 percent of the snaps he plays.  2 of those he was interfered with, and his drop percentage is....ZERO.  he's usually option 3 or 4 depending on the play.  Brissett never makes it to a fourth progression, and barely to three....  Cain's not lighting it up, but maybe if he sacrificed a lamb to Jacoby, he'd see the ball more.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I guess I don't watch enough football to know who would win if JB was not hurt. I will say I do not think Hoyer cost us the game. I thought he played very well. Yes, the pick 6 hurt but he did throw 3 tds to 3 different guys.

Nah, you have watched a lot more football than me and know the game better IMO, don't sell yourself short, you are the man.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks just like I know how sincere you are toward me with your posts Bastian Schweinsteiger Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich cheers

But you are my hero ! You are able to know what would happen if circumstances were different and things that most all people can't know! You truly amaze me. Cheers to you!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Come on man.

Well, I couldn't watch the game today, but he's not completely off base.  A QB switch, especially mid game, and even more if it's two guys stylistically or athletically different.  

Knowing when he wants the play snapped, the qb seeing and calling out blitzes and defenses differently can raise the number of holds, as can the line being unfamiliar with how, and where, the replacement tends to move within the pocket..... So yeah, there's some merit in the idea a few penalties aren't a surprise after a QB exits with an injury,. And house signed with no camp or preseason in Indy.... It's not like he takes many snaps to build a comfort level with the OL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

But you are my hero ! You are able to know what would happen if circumstances were different and things that most all people can't know! You truly amaze me. Cheers to you!

Oh thanks, glad I have a true fan that admires me. You have it wrong though, you are the man, lets not get it twisted. I only dream to have your football knowledge, I mean that with immense sincerity :thmup:

Yeah, but you and I both know that there's a difference between dictionary definition and common usage.  And we both know that a "sprain" and a "tear" are two different things, and a sprain is the less severe of the two.

So we want to pick a guy who'd probably easily clear waivers.

Right now to me, that's Deon Cain.  I can't see any team in the NFL deciding to claim Cain at the moment.

Cain or quincy Wilson  since he is no longer active  on game day or tyquan lewis. All three are expendable 

Yeah, but you and I both know that there's a difference between dictionary definition and common usage.  And we both know that a "sprain" and a "tear" are two different things, and a sprain is the less severe of the two.

So we want to pick a guy who'd probably easily clear waivers.

Right now to me, that's Deon Cain.  I can't see any team in the NFL deciding to claim Cain at the moment.

we probably have several who no one would claim

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well not really sure how to feel right now. Hoyer played OK, 3 TDs against that D isn’t bad. What hurts is the OL has sucked the last two weeks and they got JB hurt. 

That was just fluke football play.  I am more concerned about the five sacks they gave up.  Teams doing fear the Colts doing anything but a check down and it’s showing they are blitzing and stacking the box on every play and no line can stand up vs that.  

• Like 1

Sorry Nickster, you'd get agreement from a lot of people if you said that in week 1, but you're out to lunch with it now.

You can argue whether Brissett is an average starter, a good starter or a mediocre starter.  he is not a backup.  What you do isn't what you are.  If Brissett left Indy tomorrow, it would be for a starting gig somewhere else.  that cat is out of the bag ever since the week 3 win in Atlanta, and certainly after the wins against KC and Houston

Also worth noting -- Hoyer had a brief but moderately successful career as a journeyman starter although he played for some pretty brutal teams so the numbers don't necessarily show it.  He's a backup because of age and decline, not because that's the most he's capable of.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB makes 4th and 1 plays every time. Reich didn’t call QB sneak with Hoyer  in that spot. It could have extended drives...

• Like 1

which considering there's 32 teams, I'll leave you to do the math on that one.

hes the starter because Luck retired, i guess you forgot that part.  there also may not be 32 guys worthy of being starters in the league

personally i would not be so committed to the 26th QB, i think we should be looking to get better