Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby health update

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

you could definitely make an argument for calling Kelly up for a cuppa, the question is are they prepared to risk losing pieces to the waiver wire to make it happen.

We will have to have a healthy back up QB. So Kelly almost has to come up

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

you could definitely make an argument for calling Kelly up for a cuppa, the question is are they prepared to risk losing pieces to the waiver wire to make it happen.

confused...why calling Kelly up would have us loose pieces to waiver wire...please indulge me ...I may be missing  something

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Saw from Reich’s presser that they think it’s “MCLish” and they think it’s a sprain.  They don’t know to what degree and they will have to see how it responds.  

Sorry if that was already posted someplace or should have been in the Jacoby merge thread.

Start Chad Kelly against Miami Hoyer is too turnover prone.

I'm assuming we have a full 53 man roster and don't have anyone going to the IR.  That being the case calling up Kelly requires a countermove and to send someone to the PS you have to waive them, like we had to waive kelly in the first place.  

Personally I'd wave Deon Cain, but I'm beginning to wonder if Cain has incriminating photos of Ballard and a pumpkin filled with chocolate pudding or something, because he keeps failing to get the job done and keeps not getting cut for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If Jacoby can’t play they aren’t going into a game with just one healthy QB on the active roster.

Yeah, we're gonna call up a QB3 of some sort, only question is is it Kelly or not.

I'm under the assumption that this is the whole reason Kelly exists on our extended roster, so I think we call him up

• Like 1

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah, we're gonna call up a QB3 of some sort, only question is is it Kelly or not.

I'm under the assumption that this is the whole reason Kelly exists on our extended roster, so I think we call him up

I’d be shocked if they bring someone in and it’s not Kelly.  Unless it was Luck which isn’t going to happen, so I guess I’d be shocked by that too.  Either way to get back on point if they have to bring another QB it’s going to be Kelly.

I think they have to call someone up because you can't be 1 injury away from putting a non-QB under center.

That being the case, someone's gonna go to make room for CK, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Kelly gets the start.  This is a perfect time to evaluate him against soft competition.

I mean it's gonna be annoying on the forums because it's going to reignite a debate that's better off dead, but there's too many reasons in favor of trying it for me to think Ballard and Reich are going to pass up the opportunity.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think they have to call someone up because you can't be 1 injury away from putting a non-QB under center.

That being the case, someone's gonna go to make room for CK, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Kelly gets the start.  This is a perfect time to evaluate him against soft competition.

I mean it's gonna be annoying on the forums because it's going to reignite a debate that's better off dead, but there's too many reasons in favor of trying it for me to think Ballard and Reich are going to pass up the opportunity.

I’d be surprised because if the Colts thought he was better than Hoyer he would have been on the active roster already.  They are going to start the QB who they think gives them the best chance to win.  

Also, while I think it’s likely Jacoby doesn’t play this week I don’t think it’s for certain yet.  If Jacoby can go they don’t make a move at QB.  

You guys thought losing Andrew Luck was bad, wait and see how bad it will be without JB lmao . Without JB I am not so sure we even beat Miami. Miami won today. If JB isn't healthy we are in trouble now. You JB doubters get your wish now if he is out, we will be lucky to win a game without #7. We would've never lost today's game had JB not got injured as he wouldn't of thrown the pick 6. You could tell our offense was out of sync without him too committing  silly penalties. It seems like more posters come out of the woodwork when we lose or a few that are here post more. Comical stuff IMO. 

Hey I have a bright idea, lets cut JB and Adam and bring in Chad Kelly and Cody Parker :sarcasm:. Yeah that is the ticket to winning football. I just called this guy up, he will start next week homer simpson touchdown GIF - now we have us a franchise QB that can throw for 500 yards a game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys thought losing Andrew Luck was bad, wait and see how bad it will be without JB lmao . Without JB I am not so sure we even beat Miami. Miami won today. If JB isn't healthy we are in trouble now. You JB doubters get your wish now if he is out, we will be lucky to win a game without #7. We would've never lost today's game had JB not got injured as he wouldn't of thrown the pick 6. You could tell our offense was out of sync without him too committing  silly penalties. It seems like more posters come out of the woodwork when we lose or a few that are here post more. Comical stuff IMO. 

Hey I have a bright idea, lets cut JB and Adam and bring in Chad Kelly and Cody Parker :sarcasm:. Yeah that is the ticket to winning football. I just called this guy up, he will start next week homer simpson touchdown GIF - now we have us a franchise QB that can throw for 500 yards a game.

Losing Kelly played a factor in the offense being out of sync too.  Add in missing TY you could argue they have lost the three most important players on the offense in terms of making it run.  NOTE:  I am not saying best because that would be an insult to Nelson.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Saw from Reich’s presser that they think it’s “MCLish” and they think it’s a sprain.  They don’t know to what degree and they will have to see how it responds.  

Sorry if that was already posted someplace or should have been in the Jacoby merge thread.

Dr Chao had called it a MCL injury during the game.  JB7 will get an MRI to verify grade of the injury and determine if there is any bone bruising or other issues involved.

19 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Sprain is better than a tear but I don't want them to rush Jacoby back.  This game really changed our contention projections, our chances at a bye seriously dropped Brissett or no Brissett.  Time to adjust and focus on getting healthy for the final push.

To be clear, sprains 'are' tears.    It's just that the mildest tear, a grade I, is a stretching with minimal loss of stability.  Grade II is a more significant stretching/tear, yet still intact. Grade III is completely torn ligament. But all are 'tears', varying only in degree.

11 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

confused...why calling Kelly up would have us loose pieces to waiver wire...please indulge me ...I may be missing  something

It's past the trade deadline, so any player that is not eligible to be placed on I.R. ( can't practice for 42 or more calendar days) must be 'waived' (vet or not) to make room on the 53 man roster for a player signing; in Chad Kelly's case, him being a signing from the practice squad.

Also, a player with a minor injury can be placed on IR short term but must be waived as soon as the player is cleared as healthy (See Pats/Josh Gordon).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wierd take on today's game.  Looks like we would have won if we woud have made a 40 yd. FG.  Dropping the free kick after the safety hurt too.  The offense moved the ball much better with Hoyer in the game.  Many receivers were involved.  

Bad INT but that was not usually type of throw or place on the field that becomes a pick 6.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dr Chao had called it a MCL injury during the game.  JB7 will get an MRI to verify grade of the injury and determine if there is any bone bruising or other issues involved.

To be clear, sprains 'are' tears.    It's just that the mildest tear, a grade I, is a stretching with minimal loss of stability.  Grade II is a more significant stretching/tear, yet still intact. Grade III is completely torn ligament. But all are 'tears', varying only in degree.

Yeah, but you and I both know that there's a difference between dictionary definition and common usage.  And we both know that a "sprain" and a "tear" are two different things, and a sprain is the less severe of the two.

It's past the trade deadline, so any player that is not eligible to be placed on I.R. ( can't practice for 42 or more calendar days) must be 'waived' (vet or not) to make room on the 53 man roster for a player signing; in Chad Kelly's case, him being a signing from the practice squad.

Also, a player with a minor injury can be placed on IR short term but must be waived as soon as the player is cleared as healthy (See Pats/Josh Gordon).

So we want to pick a guy who'd probably easily clear waivers.

Right now to me, that's Deon Cain.  I can't see any team in the NFL deciding to claim Cain at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Wierd take on today's game.  Looks like we would have won if we woud have made a 40 yd. FG.  Dropping the free kick after the safety hurt too.  The offense moved the ball much better with Hoyer in the game.  Many receivers were involved.  

Bad INT but that was not usually type of throw or place on the field that becomes a pick 6.

Not really instead of being 17-3 it was 10-10. That turned the whole game around. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Losing Kelly played a factor in the offense being out of sync too.  Add in missing TY you could argue they have lost the three most important players on the offense in terms of making it run.  NOTE:  I am not saying best because that would be an insult to Nelson.

I agree that did hurt.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really instead of being 17-3 it was 10-10. That turned the whole game around. 

WEll assuming Hoyer gets a TD there.  He threw it from the 30 something.  

Bad throw but it was a seem pass and like I said not one for which you expect a TD return.  Just a run of the mill bad read throw and there was no one in any vicinity to tackle the guy.    

Just now, Nickster said:

WEll assuming Hoyer gets a TD there.  He threw it from the 30 something.  

Bad throw but it was a seem pass and like I said not one for which you expect a TD return.  Just a run of the mill bad read throw and there was no one in any vicinity to tackle the guy.    

Point is JB doesn't make that throw. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Point is JB doesn't make that throw. 

He did first half against KC.  Same type of play.

JB wouldn't have made many of the throws Hoyer made and probably wold have struggled to move the ball IMO.  Hoyer was finding guys to throw to.  JB doesn't do that well if his initial options aren't open. 

JB sucked last week and kicker made the kick.

Hoyer was pretty good this week and the kicker missed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

JB wouldn't have made many of the throws Hoyer made and probably wold have struggled to move the ball IMO.  Hoyer was finding guys to throw to.  JB doesn't do that well if his initial options aren't open. 

IMO we would've won had JB not got injured. Our offense doesn't commit penalties when he is in there and he rarely turns it over. Hey I like Hoyer but he isn't JB nor is he Kelly. Just like JB isn't Luck at least I can admit who is better than who lmao 

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

So when JB7 is ready, you want him as QB2 and Hoyer stays QB1?  Or you want CK as QB1, Hoyer QB2, and JB7 waived?  Trying to get a feel for what Nickster wants.

Because we already know what Reich, Sirianni, and Brady has wanted...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'm just disappointed in how this team played. Seemed at everytime we needed a stop or first down, it was never earned. Refs gave it to them or we committed a ridiculous mistake. Can't win games when you're playing the opponent, refs and yourselves

Agreed. That last one is the nail.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett is an average plus backup...Hoyer is an average plus backup.

The team should play the same with either QB in there.

Wrong, JB doesn't make dumb turnovers. Ok he had 1 against the Raiders, I can see Hoyer having many and Kelly too. JB is better than both those guys. I am not trying to be a fanboy but is freakin so obvious he is. Just like Luck is better than JB.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO we would've won had JB not got injured. Our offense doesn't commit penalties when he is in there and he rarely turns it over. Hey I like Hoyer but he isn't JB nor is he Kelly. Just like JB isn't Luck at least I can admit who is better than who lmao 

Well 2006 to me Hoyer is probably better, but he too is backup material.  That is what JB is IMO.   Well we will never know, but I would guess Hoyer put up more points today than JB would have this was a decent D, good front had C out and TY out yet managed to put up some points.

You aren’t a super JB fanboy, but I thought it was pretty indicative of JBs shortcomings that there were so many players involved in the passing game.