Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Pascal Appreciation Thread

RockThatBlue

44 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

As of right now yes. But its still basically Cains rookie year so I won't go after him too much yet.

Rookie free agent I don't care you go out there gane by game and prove you belong so far this year he is going out there and proving every game he played this year why he should be cut for anybody else.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Rookie free agent I don't care you go out there gane by game and prove you belong so far this year he is going out there and proving every game he played this year why he should be cut for anybody else.

I agree he needs to play better. But hes coming off a terrible injury and this is pretty much his rookie year. He still has time to get it together. If he still looks like this by the end of this year I'll start to worry a bit. But as of now I'm cutting him a little slack.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Don't forget the Colts are Pascal's third team and spent HIS ROOKIE SEASON on and off of two practice squads.  He was cut in training camp last year and we signed him off the street. He has worked hard to get this recognition......as has Cain who rehabbed aggressively to even be on this roster right now.

You may want to keep these things in perspective when simultaneously praising one while dumping on the other.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We get TY and DF back that should open things up even more for pascal.

Lmao.  Pascal won't see the ball ever again if TY and Funch along with a TE or RB are first and second option on the play.  Now, if Pascal gets to come in in place of one of those guys and open, he'll get targets.  

Put anyone in TY spot.  I'm not saying theyll match ty numbers, they'll just get the same amount of looks.  Top three guys, your first and second reads the vast majority of plays are TY 26.9 percent ( 7th highest in NFL) Ebron and Doyle and both right at 13 percent.... And Pascal is at 12.5.   Cain, 2 percent with 12 balls thrown his way all year, so either the dude just flat out is never open.... Or, Jacoby doesn't have enough time in the pocket to stare down four dudes consecutively.   Privately, inability to go through progressions is probably what Sirianni, Brady, Reich, and Ballard would tell you is JBs biggest weakness.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

How can you not LOVE how this guy plays? He deserves an appreciation thread.

Definitely one of the bright spots has been watching Pascal mature into a significant contributor.  Right now he's our WR1, and he did an alright job in that capacity tonight. 

Pascal was one of the big reasons we were ever in that game.  So proud of him.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree he needs to play better. But hes coming off a terrible injury and this is pretty much his rookie year. He still has time to get it together. If he still looks like this by the end of this year I'll start to worry a bit. But as of now I'm cutting him a little slack.

He's running out of time.  We needed those plays that went through his hands tonight.  A team on the fringe of playoff contention can't persistently carry dead weight in the forlorn hope it would pay off sometime. 

It's time for Deon Cain to seek redemption on his second team.  Bring in someone who can help us now.  because now is when we're trying to compete for the playoffs.

Cain is on the hotseat.  If he doesn't produce SOMETHING by the end of the year I honestly think he'll be cleared away to make room for a couple more draft picks at WR.  You only get so long to make your mark.  Cain is getting his chance right now and is doing literally nothing with it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

He's running out of time.  We needed those plays that went through his hands tonight.  A team on the fringe of playoff contention can't persistently carry dead weight in the forlorn hope it would pay off sometime. 

It's time for Deon Cain to seek redemption on his second team.  Bring in someone who can help us now.  because now is when we're trying to compete for the playoffs.

Cain is on the hotseat.  If he doesn't produce SOMETHING by the end of the year I honestly think he'll be cleared away to make room for a couple more draft picks at WR.  You only get so long to make your mark.  Cain is getting his chance right now and is doing literally nothing with it.

I hate to say it but I am having a hard time looking forward to any WR he drafts.  

Just now, John Waylon said:

You know at this point I’m just not sure what actual purpose Rogers serves here with us... probably a good dude. Probably works hard. Probably uses both his left and his right turn signals. 

But little to be desired on Sundays. 

He was the second best WR today and caught a TD.  He’s nothing to get excited about but he has been better than Cain all year and with the hand injury to Campbell they may need him.  

54 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

You know at this point I’m just not sure what actual purpose Rogers serves here with us... probably a good dude. Probably works hard. Probably uses both his left and his right turn signals. 

But does he help little old ladies cross the street? And does he remember to vote on Election Day? And does he blow his grass clippings back into his yard?

I need answers

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

This!!!

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was the second best WR today and caught a TD.  He’s nothing to get excited about but he has been better than Cain all year and with the hand injury to Campbell they may need him.  

Yeah, I’ve said about Cain all along that people were too quick to crown him. Becomes a little more evident all the time. 

Even though Rogers was our second best WR and caught a TD today doesn’t mean he’s adequate. It’s not like if he was abducted by aliens tonight and taken to live in some other galaxy for the rest of his days we would be left with this void on the team that we just couldn’t fill. 

The options are limited for sure, but we know what we have (or in this case DON’T have) in Rogers so let’s stop trying to force it with him. 

I’m no Cain fan the way many are. I’ve said for over a year now that people have put too much stock into him. 

But at this point it’s fair to wonder if he can be worse than Rogers has been. 

Rogers - had a bad day but some good moments and a TD. He was our second leading WR last year, and Luck trusted his reliability. He's not flashy, but he's not near as bad as folks are making him out to be. He had a 73.6 catch rate last year with Luck (much better than TY's), but is 56.3 this year. His targets (the passes thrown to him) have been less than great/accurate.

Pascal - developing into a good possession type WR. He'll likely never be flashy but a great possession option 0-15 yards. Works well both at X and slot short to intermediate. There was a comment about his consistency, but he's been consistent. His targets (quantity and quantity) have been erratic though.

Cain - he's never been a possession type WR, and that's what we are trying to make him into. His drops are focus drops, which can be cleaned up. His best talent in college was deep threat and intermediate streaks. He can learn the underneath stuff, but it will take time. If we had a QB or scheme that went deep every once in a while, I think a lot of people would see him differently.

Campbell - good, just can't stay on the field. I heard the x-rays didn't really tell them much. I guess that's good there was nothing obviously horrible. Probably jammed something.

30 minutes ago, Architects08 said:

Pascal has been a nice surprise, still wish Indy would have taken a chance on Gordon. Our wrs are mediocre without TY, and Ebron has regressed this season. 

I do feel a little bit bad for Ebron. He really found a home here and he developed such good chemistry with Luck.  He has to be a little mad at what Luck did.  With the bad pass blocking he got even less opportunities because of having to use extra blockers.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I do feel a little bit bad for Ebron. He really found a home here and he developed such good chemistry with Luck.  He has to be a little mad at what Luck did.  With the bad pass blocking he got even less opportunities because of having to use extra blockers.

Not including today, Ebron has only been in 41% of the time, compared to 72% for Doyle.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not including today, Ebron has only been in 41% of the time, compared to 72% for Doyle.

I do remember last year he didn’t get many snaps with Doyle healthy. All I am saying is I think he is being under used. Not that it would of made a difference in this game because I thought the offense did fine for the most part. I just feel bad for him when the guy he had such chemistry with retires like that.